User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 15 Apr 2008, 14:24   #51
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Summary of currently suggested improvements for round 27

To keep racial differences (why we have different races I assume), you MUST keep some sort of differences between the races and most fun they are when you can adapt them to fit your own playing style/method.

Making them meaningless same punn, regardless what race you choose easily happens along stats changes, expesially in long term.

I wouldnt like the races just to be a table of different numbers where to choose your set of ships from, I would enjoy so much more if the races had some own identity that I could support, or that supports me.

Sometimes is good to return the stats to old roots, just to get the racial identity better out again, unless you have different ways to support stats change, but still keep their racial qualities.

and dont get me wrong I wouldnt mind changes at all... I just wana keep some identitys with each race, right now xans are losing their gains/qualities/identity and unless you gona replace them with something new, we are soon in a situtation where all races are just stats that are same punn. No matter how good and balanced they are, but it loses all the sparkling.
Unread 15 Apr 2008, 15:27   #52
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I give up. I don't understand half what you're even saying in that last post (what is a "punn"?), and the half I do understand seems to indicate that you don't understand anything I've said so far.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2008, 15:50   #53
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave
and dont get me wrong I wouldnt mind changes at all... I just wana keep some identitys with each race, right now xans are losing their gains/qualities/identity and unless you gona replace them with something new, we are soon in a situtation where all races are just stats that are same punn. No matter how good and balanced they are, but it loses all the sparkling.
With respect to the changes discussed in the original post, do you feel that any of the suggestions unfairly affect a particular race and seriously dilute their differences?

Particularly; do you think that keeping the current race setup whilst allowing cloaked ships appear on unit scans really changes much, being that the overwhelming advantage of cloak is the ability to send 0-ship fleets.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2008, 16:31   #54
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I give up. I don't understand half what you're even saying in that last post (what is a "punn"?), and the half I do understand seems to indicate that you don't understand anything I've said so far.
I'll translate.
Hopefully.

Originally Posted by Ave:

The whole point of having races is to promote different playing styles, otherwise they have no meaning. Racial differences are the means by which Planetarion does this; if there were no differences between them, there would be no fun.

If you make no difference between them, you just make the choice of races a pun (
I think he means more like homogenised), thus the only reason to pick a given race is based on the current ship stats, with no long term differences.

I wouldnt like the races to be just a table of different numbers, just to choose ships, I would enjoy PA more if the races had some individual identity that I could support, or supports my playing style.

Sometimes, its good to return the Ship stats to the old roots, or original founding philosophies of the races, just to re-establish and make clear the differences between racial identities. Unless you have some ideas on how to keep the races different apart from their special abilities (
presumably EMP, Steal etc) on the Ship Stats.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind changes to the ship stats or to racial identities (
unclear) at all, I just want to keep some seperate identities for each race. Right now, Xans are loosing their unique qualities and unless they're replaced with something new, we will soon be in a situation where all races are just numbers and the race you choose is nothing more than a word. No matter how good and balanced the (presumably) ship stats are, they still loose their uniqueness.

End: Originally posted by Ave

Now, assuming that Ave agrees with what I thought he was talking about, it seemed fairly clear and straightforward to me. Indeed, its a very reasonable position. Ave's English is a damn sight better than my (I dont know where he is from, but sadly that's irrelevent ), so I cant complain.

So, Mz, whatcha reckon mate?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 08:05   #55
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
With respect to the changes discussed in the original post, do you feel that any of the suggestions unfairly affect a particular race and seriously dilute their differences?

Particularly; do you think that keeping the current race setup whilst allowing cloaked ships appear on unit scans really changes much, being that the overwhelming advantage of cloak is the ability to send 0-ship fleets.
I see your point, which is more than valid actually... its still easier to attack as xan as u can fake 1-2 targets, (same on defence.) Also its a huge gain to your alliance/galaxy, that is very clear to me. But the xan stats arent any superior at start, so when all has access to scans they are more likely going to stay and def the inc than run. Which means no more roiding with pure roid stealers.

Well the gains of aiding non allied players are here suppoused to make it up for "weakening one race and weakening its identity." (Even tho after some re-thinking, it aint that horrible loss, but still one.) I am not sure if I want to courage people to stay solo and out of community. The game itself aint fun enough and hooking enough without the community and friends (also enemies) you get from here.

Maybe its easier to get new players when they can enter and play alone, but will they really stay beeing solo?

PS. Thanks UN, my avengerish makes it probably hard to understand sometimes. Hopefully u cleared it out
Unread 19 Apr 2008, 13:30   #56
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave
Maybe its easier to get new players when they can enter and play alone, but will they really stay beeing solo?
The idea isn't necessarily that they stay solo; hopefully they will try the game, find it's fun and want to get involved. So they'll become long term players.

Under the current system someone who tries out PA has to have the inclination to download another program (IRC), and be lucky enough to be accepted into an alliance... some people start up, get bored because they can't do anything and quit.

I'm convinced that the change in scanning, combined with the change to protection period go a long way to rectifying this and don't damage the current game. These changes would make PA more accessible and more enjoyable for the average player and mean we will end up with more players than there would otherwise have been.

I'm convinced xans cloaking advantage remains intact and that any loss of power can be compensated for in shipstat design.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 06:56   #57
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

There should be frigging addition as for some reason the alliance doesn't keep your score what you have earned while u where there when you leave it.

Though it worked like that due to galaxies work according to it and basicly screwed over my alliance when I did it.. I wonder when you guys see a round when people join on purpose certain alliances and then just leave them mid round to let one alliance win to make this point clear... as this is just retarded hole in game mechanics as no1 is ever 100% satisfied with their alliance as pax is made like it is that alliance's can't give everything to everyone in it.

Anyways thank god it's my last round, so I don't have to play another round of pax ever again.. the game is just awful and bad in so many lvl's I can't describe.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 08:11   #58
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen
Though it worked like that due to galaxies work according to it and basicly screwed over my alliance when I did it.. I wonder when you guys see a round when people join on purpose certain alliances and then just leave them mid round to let one alliance win to make this point clear... as this is just retarded hole in game mechanics as no1 is ever 100% satisfied with their alliance as pax is made like it is that alliance's can't give everything to everyone in it.
If you recruit a lot of members you can't keep, or who screw you over, it's your own fault. Why should PA cover up your mistakes?

If I was ND HC, I'd get a load of extra players, accrue a load of score; then dump them & tag up my 'real' planets.

Furthermore, if a planet was getting destroyed, I'd order them to leave the tag before the fc lands, keep all of their score & add them again later.

IMO it's an awful idea that begs for abuse, but maybe I missed some compelling arguments. Have I?

Quote:
Anyways thank god it's my last round, so I don't have to play another round of pax ever again.. the game is just awful and bad in so many lvl's I can't describe.
Please keep this thread for productive discussion & only use whining where its applicable to your point.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 09:04   #59
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Countdown 12h's before removing player would fix the problem of avoiding fc's.

And hmm tag real planets.. they should just accumulate score when their in tag not when their waiting invitation.

If I would take this topic really serious, my first question is does PA have resources to do any changes anymore.. aka is there will from owners side to put in the effort. Would have believed a lot changes possible when spinner and crew where doing this just because they loved the game, but I have no idea whatkind of management PA has these days.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2008, 10:23   #60
Reese
If not never; then once.

Reese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud ofReese has much to be proud of

-Private Gals, or full random gals. (No Buddy Packs.)
-Support Planets allowed.
-Alliance Limits removed (keep only X amount players score counting though.)
-Galaxies of 15 planets
-Multi Tick Defence.
-One Extra Fleet Slot.
-Structure Killer Removed.
-Roid capture based on % not a flat 25% (ie. Send 5m value on 1m value planet cap only 10% instead of 25%)
-XP removed or severely altered. (ie. you lose 80% of your fleet you get 0 XP, cause there is no "skill" in that.)
-Seeing blocked scans on News Page (like you do cov ops).
-Ability to exile planets after 24 hours new or joining.
-That new def system removed or overhauled.. When you have 50-100 hostile incomings to your galaxy you dont have time to be pressing a button for each thing. The only way it would be useful (from my pov) is if you could set it to relay to your ally bot/website.. And I doubt that ever happens.. But anyway, make it so you dont have to press a million buttons and wait for the page to load each time.

Balanced stats

Unread 29 Apr 2008, 10:30   #61
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese
-Private Gals, or full random gals. (No Buddy Packs.)
-Support Planets allowed.
-Alliance Limits removed (keep only X amount players score counting though.)
-Galaxies of 15 planets
-Multi Tick Defence.
-One Extra Fleet Slot.
-Structure Killer Removed.
-Roid capture based on % not a flat 25% (ie. Send 5m value on 1m value planet cap only 10% instead of 25%)
-XP removed or severely altered. (ie. you lose 80% of your fleet you get 0 XP, cause there is no "skill" in that.)
-Seeing blocked scans on News Page (like you do cov ops).
-Ability to exile planets after 24 hours new or joining.
-That new def system removed or overhauled.. When you have 50-100 hostile incomings to your galaxy you dont have time to be pressing a button for each thing. The only way it would be useful (from my pov) is if you could set it to relay to your ally bot/website.. And I doubt that ever happens.. But anyway, make it so you dont have to press a million buttons and wait for the page to load each time.

Balanced stats

finally someone with bright ideas
one add:

-Remove Prelaunch (if you cba to wake up in the middle of the night to attack, attack in the morning, nothing wrong there).

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote