User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 19 Feb 2007, 17:37   #301
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough
Re: So, who's winning?

Are You? Mmmm Strange never really heard that
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 17:43   #302
.Disc.

.Disc. is on a distinguished road

Allfather, my name is Disc, not Disk, also i didnt go complaining to HC etc, even if i did, they'd tell me to stop moaning, you see, Destiny command know what theyre doing, and aren't bullied into making decisions.

To reply to what Forest said, indeed i have made some mistakes on forums, but none i feel will hurt the alliance, it may well hurt my chances of planet success, but then again, im not too bothered about that, and my chances of top10 were slim anyhow. I speak my mind and i try and give my opinions across, sometimes(more than sometimes-90%) of the time i get flamed for them, but one thing Destiny cannot fault me on is loyalty, i give 100%, i defend when needed, and i attack where im supposed to attack, can Gosu say the same? I think not
.Disc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 17:52   #303
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADA
Are You? Mmmm Strange never really heard that
q.e.d.

Chances are, if you had heard of me, it means i am either an idiot, a whiner, a shipjumper, a leecher or all of the former :P
Good alliance players go largely unnoticed.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 19:09   #304
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
q.e.d.

Chances are, if you had heard of me, it means i am either an idiot, a whiner, a shipjumper, a leecher or all of the former :P
Good alliance players go largely unnoticed.
Yeah, he leeches ingal def
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 20:47   #305
Lord^
Idling in #Omen

Lord^ has a spectacular aura aboutLord^ has a spectacular aura about

Forest did an amazing job, whether it be intentional or not of distracting the HC Command of both VgN and Destiny to that of the forums instead of the internal workings of their alliance.

It always seems the recipe for any winning alliance for the last couple of rounds was to have a command staff that stayed far away from AD.

When you start to try to dictate the PR image of your alliance on AD, it is assumed you're always bound to lose overall.

Instead of putting all your resources into activity of your members, and keeping the military machine rolling, while being attentive of your political climate. You have to be on here curbing the damage that results from your members and those affiliated with your alliance start to accumulate.

---------------------

Hopefully all is not lost and Omen/Vision can come together and thwart Conspiracy's reign to the top, while Destiny and VgN continue to fight their bitter dissolvement of cooperation. Or we can continue to watch the rather uninteresting enabler alliances continue to allow someone else be #1.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 21:12   #306
GlowDog
VGN

GlowDog is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Disc.
lol, i said that coz both VGN and Destiny members are saying crap, when some of it isnt close, so i put it straight
hegegege mirror mirror on the wall
GlowDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 21:57   #307
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord^
It always seems the recipe for any winning alliance for the last couple of rounds was to have a command staff that stayed far away from AD.
HCs are allowed to read AD too! In fact, I remember a fair few instances where we were lol'ing about AD in HC channels over the rounds :-p
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 22:10   #308
Lord^
Idling in #Omen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
HCs are allowed to read AD too! In fact, I remember a fair few instances where we were lol'ing about AD in HC channels over the rounds :-p
Laughing at the idiocy and hypocrisy on AD, but not actively participating in it and being the one ridiculed. For instance 8 remember pre-round Exilition allowing pig to post his crusade against Exilition to the point it became a backlash to his intentions of shining the light on your abilities no matter how small your numbers.

I guess next round, all someone has to do is get a polarizing figure to post on their behalf against an alliance and they'll win.

An I think these are examples from previous rounds that show my point.

Barrow/Angry in Round 19
Maz/Angryduck in Round 18
Keizari in Round 17

Although right now I see only VgN HC, I'm sure Destiny having some sort of problems with Disc running loose.
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 22:50   #309
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

cant see why hc should refrain from posting on AD, its alliance Discussions not alliance Facts.

Trow a little dirt around, some intrigues and some backstabbing is what this game needs to stay alive.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2007, 23:44   #310
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
cant see why hc should refrain from posting on AD, its alliance Discussions not alliance Facts.
Because some people seem to believe arguing on AD will make a difference in game politics. Unless you do it like disc (which is, to blow off things that might not necessarily need publicity, such as non-aggression pacts; I'm not aware if he was instructed by destiny staff to go public on it or not, so this may be a poor example), you're really going to have to skull**** a dead goat to make any difference.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 00:34   #311
.Disc.

Indeed Keizari, it doesnt make a difference.

Glowdog, stfu, ive never seen u before, u do not know me, so shhhh

Lastly, Lord, i find it very funny how u can say that Destiny/VGN have been bigging themselves up on forums, when infact, all as they had was a crappy "were playing pa, any1 who wants to join has to wear pink" shit, it was infact CT who were bigging themselves up, hence why their channel on irc was big, because lots of people had been saying "ohhhh ct are amazing". It was Destiny who kept low key, and since start of round we have slowly got more ppl thinking we are an ok alliance, but i think thats down to what we do in the game rather than a pe0n like myself on pa.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:23   #312
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Indeed Keizari, it doesnt make a difference.

Glowdog, stfu, ive never seen u before, u do not know me, so shhhh

Lastly, Lord, i find it very funny how u can say that Destiny/VGN have been bigging themselves up on forums, when infact, all as they had was a crappy "were playing pa, any1 who wants to join has to wear pink" shit, it was infact CT who were bigging themselves up, hence why their channel on irc was big, because lots of people had been saying "ohhhh ct are amazing". It was Destiny who kept low key, and since start of round we have slowly got more ppl thinking we are an ok alliance, but i think thats down to what we do in the game rather than a pe0n like myself on pa.
bigging ourselves up? we wrote a recruitment thread like everyone else

so we're "bigging ourselves up" (whatever that means) simply because the author happened to use a bit of creativity when writing the recruitment thread?

next

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 20 Feb 2007 at 01:31.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:38   #313
Lord^
Idling in #Omen

Back to being on topic, it is my belief that if trends continue and their is no one ready to answer the call of being the fourth big boy player, this round will go to Conspiracy Theory.

Gaining 2x that of every Top 5 alliance two nights in a row will surely start to show.

But I will hold out for Omen/Vision. Before saying the round is dead.

Now flame away!
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:42   #314
.Disc.

Mod Gripes say u cant say "flame away" at the end of your reply, because it makes ppl flame
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 01:52   #315
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

i still think destiny will win. with support from omen. Vision and vgn deciding to nap each other too late. Omen finally wins as ct and destiny exhaust each other is another possibility.
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 02:00   #316
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
i still think destiny will win. with support from omen. Vision and vgn deciding to nap each other too late. Omen finally wins as ct and destiny exhaust each other is another possibility.
what?
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 02:34   #317
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 04:55   #318
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

I just like to correct you about CT bigging themselves up. This hasn't happened. What happened was that -other- people have bigged CT up due to it containing members from the former 1up, which was an influential and powerful alliance.

However, CT putting a gagging order on Forest would probably help them immensely.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 05:09   #319
.Disc.

I stand corrected.

I don't think a gagging order is needed though, its alliance discussions after all, people dont have to believe him, but atleast it makes these boards exciting atleast
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 15:22   #320
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!!

Who cares who wins, as long as people keep suiciding xan fi on my rogues
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 20:46   #321
Nolez

Nolez has a little shameless behaviour in the past

It's a shame that no one realizes that Ascendancy has almost 40 mill out of tag... sigh... looks like another victory for us \o/.
Nolez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 21:12   #322
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i'd really like that

goooooooooooooooooooooooo, Ascendancy
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 00:26   #323
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Disc is very much correct. But we shouldn't forget the account sharing bonus gosu has. German internet providers provide the best base possible for account sharing, dynamic ip for the win they do not even need VNC or stuff to cheat.

(and before fenix, draki & co start flaming: we won't forget round 8, will we?)
Funny to hear you making such comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Dude, I left them last round. I've been a member for several rounds.

You "left" gôsu? :/

Unfortunately, you "got left"....I'd call that...
You never played with "us" :[

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 02:19   #324
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Btw, most isps that give out broadband connections don't give their customers a static isp no matter what country. Its normally leased for a short time, lets say 24hours for argument sake.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 08:30   #325
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Btw, most isps that give out broadband connections don't give their customers a static isp no matter what country. Its normally leased for a short time, lets say 24hours for argument sake.
Really? Here (Finland, that is) it's rather common to have a static IP as an extra service. Costs a few euros per month, for people like me it just comes with the package.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 08:56   #326
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Really? Here (Finland, that is) it's rather common to have a static IP as an extra service. Costs a few euros per month, for people like me it just comes with the package.
Sure, this is 5.3 Million IP addresses if even every baby has an own IP address. With 1 Class A (/8) net assigned to finnland, you get 16 million addresses. I'd say you can't compare this unless IPv6 comes. Advantage of small countries.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 11:14   #327
Kree

Kree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of lightKree is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockhead
Funny to hear you making such comments...

You "left" gôsu? :/

Unfortunately, you "got left"....I'd call that...
You never played with "us" :[
his comments still stand though!

i experienced gosu to be a nice bunch and cool dudes, and even you guys know how to play and are also motivated, you are unfortunately bound to account share too, i have seen it myself in a diff game when we launched 10 planets, me launching mine and 2 others the 9 left, discing after every launch due to ip change (was me playing in the gosu gal)

and accepting Cardinal - who has be cheating every round so far in another game (and almost every round cought for multying/ account sharing etc. ) doesn´t really help making your image better tbh
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 11:55   #328
.Disc.

well aslong as Killmark isn't playing for them its fine
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 12:17   #329
Lockhead
Cabeza Coder

Lockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the roughLockhead is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree
and accepting Cardinal - who has be cheating every round so far in another game (and almost every round cought for multying/ account sharing etc. ) doesn´t really help making your image better tbh
Cardinal is no gôsu Member and will never be.

And Disc...Killmark wont be arround for some time....Police took his PCs away

All of them!

lockhead.net

Quote:
Round 24 Conspiracy HC Comment at my planet
<Germania> 4.9.1
<Germania> hes our top hostile
Lockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 12:44   #330
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by are
Sure, this is 5.3 Million IP addresses if even every baby has an own IP address.
Would it be possible to name my (if I ever decide to fix myself one) baby 213.196.169.1?
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 12:46   #331
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm not sure any alliance deserves to win, it's not as if they are trying to hit each other.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 12:50   #332
carDi
Ensign

carDi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kree

---------------------------------------------
Yeah kree, cardinal is "cheater" in other game but well again dont make prapoganda coz u know that i dont cheat^^and now this is pa, so dont talk bs about me and gosu

(no personal insults please - JBG)

Last edited by carDi; 21 Feb 2007 at 13:35.
carDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:27   #333
are

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Would it be possible to name my (if I ever decide to fix myself one) baby 213.196.169.1?
If your local authorities allow it, sure, but be aware if you read this as an IP you end up in Switzerland.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 21:09   #334
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I'm not sure any alliance deserves to win, it's not as if they are trying to hit each other.
i think you need to spend some time in Destiny
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 02:39   #335
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
i think you need to spend some time in Destiny
I'd rather vomit my own liver.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 08:05   #336
.Disc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
I'd rather vomit my own liver.
exactly, then stop spreading shit that alliances in top3 dont deserve win, and that they don't want the win. Destiny have around 50 incomming fleets a night, and more than 3 nights we've had 200 fleets incomming, so it is quite annoying saying that no1 is trying, because if we weren't then Destiny would have crumbled along time ago.

Shut up about stuff u don't know anything about
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 08:41   #337
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by are
If your local authorities allow it, sure, but be aware if you read this as an IP you end up in Switzerland.
Actually, I'd have no clue. How's Switzerland?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 09:27   #338
are

Quote:
Actually, I'd have no clue. How's Switzerland?
Rumours say full of rocks, but recently lacking snow.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 11:48   #339
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
exactly, then stop spreading shit that alliances in top3 dont deserve win, and that they don't want the win. Destiny have around 50 incomming fleets a night, and more than 3 nights we've had 200 fleets incomming, so it is quite annoying saying that no1 is trying, because if we weren't then Destiny would have crumbled along time ago.

Shut up about stuff u don't know anything about
All that's needed this round is to look at sandmans to see how gutless the top 3 are.

This is probably worse than r5 now, as it's entirely avoidable and someone could win, but nobody really wants to.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 13:15   #340
.Disc.

your talking shit, ok, politics isn't the greatest, but to say some1 doesnt want to win is stupid, i know i want to win, i know Destiny HC are exactly the same, as i'm sure VGN and CT HC are the same. To say no1 wants to is very stupid i think its more of a case that alliances are still feeling around, not sure how to go about it yet, theres lots of possibilities
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 15:48   #341
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm sure we've all heard enough about how caj wants to win but we were talking about the alliance rankings disc.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 16:18   #342
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

I am pretty sure all 3 alliances want to win. They just aren't doing what you think they should be doing to win.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:25   #343
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I am pretty sure all 3 alliances want to win. They just aren't doing what you think they should be doing to win.
It's pretty obvious what Destiny needs to do - which is to get back to 2nd soon and knock Conspiracy or VGN out of the top 2. They're lagging behind on both roiding and score-gain which is not good news for them. Solution - get some allies quick and get hitting Conspiracy/VGN.

Conspiracy is roiding well, but eventually they're going to need to hit VGN to properly overtake them. They know that VGN won't just do nothing if they get passed. Much like in the game of Risk, you want to be the aggressor rather than the defender - it's the element of suprise and an opportunity to put your opponent on the back foot - which goes a long long way towards success.

Vengeance are in a tricky position. They want to avoid being targetted for as long as possible, but I'm not sure sitting back and waiting for someone to come after you is a realistic option. They should be gathering cross-alliance Gôsu support and using them to be a serious thorn in the side of Conspiracy or Destiny. There's definite propaganda potential - Conspiracy as 'just the new 1up/ND' and Destiny as 'just the new eXilition'. The fact that none of these three alliances has made any such attempt to garner universe-wide support just shows how weak they all are, to be honest.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:45   #344
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
The fact that none of these three alliances has made any such attempt to garner universe-wide support just shows how weak they all are, to be honest.
yes cause allying half the universe is a great idea with so mnay players we have these days.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 18:58   #345
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
yes cause allying half the universe is a great idea with so mnay players we have these days.
I was quite clearly writing about progaganda, as per the previous sentence. It would provide a useful advantage in the tight situation that the 3 alliances are faced with.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:02   #346
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I think it is much more than just that, Forest. None of the alliances still playing has shown any interest in actually wanting to win Planetarion, all they seem to do is caring for themselves. If they win this round then it is more or less by accident. None of them has a pro-active agenda when it comes to crippling other alliance's chances to win, and that is what makes it so very boring for everyone.

But we shall if that huge surprise is really going to be delivered in the second half of the round. Personally I think it won't be, as none of the remaining alliances seems to have the ability to kill a competing alliance.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:04   #347
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Ok. So let's say for arguments sake that either CT, VGN or Destiny find a support alliance. What happens next? Both other top 3 alliances gang up on this 3rd one.
Bad move.
Next idea?
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:08   #348
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Go play Sim Planet?

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:17   #349
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Ok. So let's say for arguments sake that either CT, VGN or Destiny find a support alliance. What happens next? Both other top 3 alliances gang up on this 3rd one.
Bad move.
Next idea?
They could approach another of the top 3 alliances and agree to hit the 3rd one in the top 3...
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 19:20   #350
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

What the hell is all this thing about being proactive? What do you mean by it? Going to war? Hit one alliance with all you got in the hope that after the war you will still have anything left to take the remaining one, which will probably have more value that you?
There are scenarios where being proactive pays off. There are scenarios where it doesn't. If you play chess against an opponent with similar strength, the one playing white has always an advantage. The one playing black always plays for remis, unless white makes a mistake.
So cut the proactive propaganda.