User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Feb 2007, 01:25   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Champions League

Win, Lose or Draw, isnt it good to be back?

I dont care what anyone says about the CL, and i certainly dont give a crap about the pedants who moan about the name. Its a superb competition; it makes the midweek.

As to Celtic.. a lot of people are very down on our performance tonight. 'not good enough' seems to be the common analysis. But im not down, i thought we did very well.

We were negative without being defensive (its not like we just crowded our box and stopped milan from playing, we tried to play but just couldnt). We made mistakes, but who doesnt? Stephen McManus and Darren O'Dea - both of them in their debut CL seasons - O'Dea making just his 9th start in all competitions for any club - were unbelievably good. To shut out Milan, you couldnt ask any more. Artur Boruc was brilliant again, i will miss him when he moves to (probably) Arsenal in the summer, but we'll pick up a pretty penny after the way he's acquitted himself this term.

Neil Lennon was _absolutely fantastic_ tonight. For serious. You needed to see the 90 minutes to see Kaka was absolutely terrified of lennon coming in behind him (which he never did, he just scared him a bit ). His positional sense was brilliant, and he tried to be as positive as anyone could be with absolutely no out ball. I think today was a victory for the slow, fat, angry irishman in all of us. He showed that with absolutely zero talent but 200% workrate you can be a star on the world stage. I'd rate this performance of his as just above 0-0 in the nou camp, but just below 4-3 vs juventus at celtic park, his best ever game imo.

So any other team in the world would be peddling the whole 'o hey man if we get an away goal u never no' shit, but lets be realistic : Celtic are 95% of the way out. We cant win away from home in the champions league and although we defended well today, we are struggling to score. But i really dont mind, because we didnt disgrace ourselves and we've gone the whole european season without conceding a home goal, which for a club playing in our league is an achievement.

PS: The reason im not down about the result was because AC Milan were so ****ing ****ing good. Seriously. Immense, totally immense. We shut down Pirlo completely, and Kaka while immense wasnt incisive, so Jankulovski and Oddo just stepped up and ruined our shit instead. Every player on the field they have can hurt you with pace power and composure. An incredibly impressive outfit, well managed and well run.

PPS: Kaka is by far the best player ive seen in an opposing shirt, including Ronaldinho. Kaka wasnt at his best today, but his general touch and awareness are second to none. and hes actually too ****ing fast for words. Basically, riquelme meets ronaldinho meets fabregas.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 11:55   #2
Dark_Mage
I wish I was a Commander

Dark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud ofDark_Mage has much to be proud of
Re: Champions League

Oh Gilardino

United weren't very good but Lille were gits and I'm pretty confident of beating them at Old Trafford. I've got tickets \o/

What position does Kaka play for Milan now?
Dark_Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:38   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah that didnt take long to get up on YouTube. it was an absolutely ludicrous dive, the crowd werent too chuffed. But he got the hook soon after so it was all good.

Unread 21 Feb 2007, 13:40   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Should the ref have to blow the whistle before a freekick is taken?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 14:00   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

No; surely as a chelsea fan you remember this from 2 seasons ago Arsenal vs Chelsea? Thierry Henry takes quick free kicks all the time, they are perfectly legal.

Thats not to say they shouldnt be - i dont like them. While he DOESNT have to, the ref SHOULD have to blow his whistle. Because more often than not if someone takes a free kick too quickly and it ****s up they get to take it again; but if it goes in, it counts. Set pieces are an important and interesting part of football; i dont like them capitalised on like that.

Unread 21 Feb 2007, 14:43   #6
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I can't remember the exact rule but it goes something along the line of the ref asks the player taking the free kick if he wants the wall back the full 10 yards or just wants to take the free kick quickly. If he takes the first option then the ref will tell the player to wait for the whistle before he can take it. If he takes the latter option he can go ahead and take the free kick quickly without the whistle being blown.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 16:57   #7
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

Seeing the game decided by such a stupid goal was really a letdown. I think they deserved a draw. Lille was pretty impressive at times, but I don't think they will win the away match.

Have to agree with Deffeh, it is nice to see high class football again (especially when having to bear watching the awful lower league crap my local team plays).
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 17:50   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Should the ref have to blow the whistle before a freekick is taken?
No, and the opposing team should not get the benefit of time when they've committed a foul.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 18:29   #9
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I care because it has a seeding system which has created a bunch of incumbent clubs at the top of european football.

Football should never be like that.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 21:33   #10
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Not having Sky, I need a question answered. Why was terry taken off after 14 minutes?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 21:34   #11
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Injured, ankle, check bbc sport for updates.
Unread 21 Feb 2007, 21:37   #12
All Systems Go

that's bad. that's really bad.

He is really needed.
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 01:21   #13
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Ronaldinwho?

Nike boy MIA again.

Unread 22 Feb 2007, 01:31   #14
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Sissoko was MOTM in the barca/lfc game.

Fantastic team performance, barca had one period at the beginning of the game where they dominated, but on the whole was a totally deserved win

Rafas tactics were spot on.

IN MAY WE WILL WIN IT SIX TIMES

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 01:35   #15
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
Ronaldinwho?

Nike boy MIA again.
probably too tired after all the ad's he has been doin
he will end up like beckham , more interested in his image rights than playing football

ps fantastic result for pool to win in the nou camp

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 14:48   #16
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I can't remember the exact rule but it goes something along the line of the ref asks the player taking the free kick if he wants the wall back the full 10 yards or just wants to take the free kick quickly. If he takes the first option then the ref will tell the player to wait for the whistle before he can take it. If he takes the latter option he can go ahead and take the free kick quickly without the whistle being blown.

I posted something very similar like this elsewhere:
Quote:
Quote:
It is the duty of the Referee to let the team taking the free kick to do so as quickly as possible, without interference by the other team or by the referee.

The referee should move quickly out of the way after indicating the approximate area of the restart and should do nothing to interfere with the kicking team’s right to an immediate free kick.

The team does not have to ask permission to take the quick kick.

The right of the offended team to take a quick free kick includes free kicks close to the other team’s penalty area.

It is accepted that if the attacking team takes a quick free kick, then they cannot complain if the ball hits an opponent who was making a reasonable effort to retire. Play should be allowed to continue in such circumstances.
Also:

Quote:
The referee should move quickly out of the way after indicating the approximate area of the restart and should do nothing to interfere with the kicking team’s right to an immediate free kick. At competitive levels of play, referees should not automatically "manage the wall," but should allow the ball to be put back into play as quickly as possible, unless the kicking team requests help in dealing with opponents infringing on the minimum distance”
http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=uk

More
Quote:
Former referees' chief Philip Don backed Poll's decision to allow the strike.

"The advantage should go to the non-offending team. On this occasion it was Arsenal," Don told BBC Radio Five Live.

"Referees have been told to ask the player 'do you want to take the quick free-kick?' or 'do you want me to get the wall back 9.15 metres?'

"If they say 'quick', the referee tends to move away and allow the kick."

Don was head of the referees for the Premier League and revealed all clubs were informed of free-kick options.

"We spoke to all the Premier League clubs as well as all the Football League clubs in the summer of 2003 explaining what the situation was," he added

"We gave them the option of either the quick free-kick or the 'ceremonial' free-kick. Players and clubs were aware of what referees were doing."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/4091217.stm

And:
Quote:
in theory every free-kick can be taken quickly
Although Graham Poll isn't the greatest referee, he also explains it.
Quote:
First you have to deal with the principle of a free-kick.

If the attacking team are fouled then it is they who hold the advantage.

With a free-kick around the penalty area, we always ask the players whether they want it quick or slow.

This is their window of opportunity to surprise the defence.

If they want it quick, then they have given up the right to re-take it, no matter if it hits a defender who's three yards away.

The same goes if they kick it over the bar. They only get one chance.

The flip side is if they want it slow, they can't then take it while I count out the ten yards for the wall.

They must wait for my whistle.

There is nothing in the laws of the game that say we have to indicate for the free-kick to be taken.

It's just like when someone wants to take a free-kick anywhere else on the field.

As long as the ball is stationary and in the right place then the attacking team can take it as quickly as they like.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/3409567.stm

I can't seem to locate a link to a proper rule book regarding quick free kicks but it's essentially allowed.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 16:14   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Braamhaar did the right thing. he comes from Enter btw, a village about 10km away from my town. :]
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2007, 17:10   #18
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

did you steal all his other vowels