User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Jun 2007, 13:00   #51
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
Re: Working/moving abroad

dutch song about a man that wants to move abroad, doesn't know where, considers belgium. i found it fitting.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 01:55   #52
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
So I'm at a point in my life where I suddenly realised I don't have anything keeping me where I live. I grew up, went to school and college and work in the exact same city as where I was born. All my friends have girlfriends and I don't see them as much anymore as I did and I don't mean as much to them anymore as I did. I still go out with them but it's become more of a tradition every week than actually something I want to do, and let's face it, once they move in with their girlfriends they won't go out nearly as much anymore.
So I was thinking what it would be like to just move out of here and get a job abroad, preferably somewhere where they speak english since all my other language skills are shit. And I'd like it to be a country with good weather. I was thinking about the west coast of the US, but I understand that getting a green card is pure luck. And even if I would get one, what are the chances of getting a decent job with the diploma I got in Belgium? I'm 23 years old and have a (professional) Bachelor in Computer Sciences.

Does anybody have any experience with moving/working abroad? How much money would be needed to save before you go? Are there any other things I need to know?
At the moment it's not even something I thought through yet, just an idea that came up in my mind. But it's best to hear if it's possible/not possible at this stage than if I would start spending more and more thoughts about it and turning out to be a pipe dream.

What ever you do when you move, do not sell your house in the uk if you think you may possibly want to come back again. I sold my apartment in the London so i could buy in Houston, Texas. 8 months later i came back to the uk and the houses had got even more expensive and i havent been able to sell my house in america yet. So when you move make sure you dont make it a permanent thing for at least a year. I suggest renting
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jun 2007, 14:53   #53
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

Also don't forget to look at each countries employment situation, perhaps they may have a shortage of local IT Guys.
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2007, 09:21   #54
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim
What ever you do when you move, do not sell your house in the uk if you think you may possibly want to come back again. I sold my apartment in the London so i could buy in Houston, Texas. 8 months later i came back to the uk and the houses had got even more expensive and i havent been able to sell my house in america yet. So when you move make sure you dont make it a permanent thing for at least a year. I suggest renting
London to texas. Really?
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote