User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:21   #1
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute
[Football]Earn £25m as a failure...

...wouldnt that be nice

I would love to earn £25m for failing, why cant we all be as lucky as Sven

Eriksson earned a reported £25m during his five years in charge

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:23   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
Re: [Football]Earn £25m as a failure...

i read the thread title and thought it was about beckham

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 13:29   #3
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

tbh the England job shouldnt have a salary attached to it, and if there is to be one only a small one; its an honour to manage a country and I'd do it for minimum wage.

Would save the FA a few bob too
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 14:52   #4
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Noone beats Winston Bogarde at earning without doing anything.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 15:15   #5
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Noone beats Winston Bogarde at earning without doing anything.
dutch wordjoke (there was a commercial about this):

Winston?

Ton winst!

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 15:30   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
tbh the England job shouldnt have a salary attached to it, and if there is to be one only a small one; its an honour to manage a country and I'd do it for minimum wage.

With your media most sane people wouldn't want to take that job, even for 50m.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 16:48   #7
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Hello faggot.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 16:55   #8
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Unfortunatly you can't feed your family with honour, the supermarkets only accept money.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 18:22   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

he performed poorly with shit material. i hate the guy personally, but i wouldn't call this failure.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 18:25   #10
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
he performed poorly with shit material. i hate the guy personally, but i wouldn't call this failure.
bollocks
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:39   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the fact is when we had stagnated horribly and didn't look like getting anywhere, the FA gave him a big fat new contract, which was bizarre.
Unread 29 Aug 2006, 21:53   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
no i think the problem was he had good players but no clue how to use them , i also believe he got caught up in the beckham hype

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 14:03   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
wood is one of the finest materials mother nature has bequeathed us. and what did the dutch do with it?

make cloggs.
case closed.
we also built some ships and ruled the world for a while. :/

there is nothing wrong with clogs btw. i often wear them when i have to bring garbage to the street or do things in the garden etc.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 14:51   #14
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
then we shot them up. under good old fashioned british leadership!

actually it was Britain, France and Spain, but meh.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 14:56   #15
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
dutch wordjoke (there was a commercial about this):

Winston?

Ton winst!

I guess that joke didn't make it through the Randstad comedy commision.
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 15:21   #16
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

Quote:
so who had the biplanes?
i googled a bit and found this article:

"One salient fact about my compatriots is how hardnosed, even ruthless, they can be in business, and how naive they often are in international affairs. This is the result, I suppose, of having been a mercantile nation for more than 300 years. The last Dutch military victories - apart from crushing the odd native rebellion in the East Indies - were against the English in the 17th century. Holland was spent as a military power when the British took over the seas. After that, business was all.

Like true merchants, the Dutch have often assumed that they could stay out of trouble, as long as they kept their heads down when the big boys went to war. A policy of neutrality kept them out of the first world war, and like true naifs, they thought they could get away with it again when Hitler started to help himself to chunks of Europe. Alas, virtually all the Dutch had to put up against the Nazi Heinkels and Messerschmitts were a handful of Fokker biplanes."

(we're going a bit offtopic now, aren't we?)
Unread 30 Aug 2006, 18:35   #17
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

http://www.ad.nl/fun/strips/?strip=d...tum=2006-08-29

the red baron often had cunning plans horn.
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 14:20   #18
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

England using 25mill quid on a footie coach, getting no results.

But the tabloids got something out of it... I kinda doubt McClaren will be shagging so many and so publicly as Sven did.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2006, 14:40   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
England using 25mill quid on a footie coach, getting no results.
The FA was fairly rich, so a large amount of money being spent on a coach is no surprise.

In addition, the reason he had such an enormous contract, which is still technically going on - he's still being paid by the FA - was the tabloids. They demanded that he sign a large extension, which of course had to come with a pay hike, after they said that he was moving to Chelsea.

I'm pretty sure Sven would have left earlier if it hadn't been for the tabloid intervention, but either way it would have been much less costly.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote