User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 26 Aug 2006, 15:22   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Anyone here familiar with MCDA?

MCDA meaning Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis, also known as MCA, you can guess where that stands for.

I understand how SMART and the AHP work, but the utility function, MAUT and Electre I, Electre II and Electre III are still a bit of a riddle to me, can someone give me some pointers to start with, I guess I can work my way from there, can't find decent references on the web....
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 15:34   #2
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Anyone here familiar with MCDA?

Just off the top of my head ...

Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA), or Multi Criteria Decision Making, is a procedure aimed at supporting decision maker(s) whose problem involves numerous and conflicting evaluations. MCDA aims at highlighting these conflicts and deriving a way to come to a compromise in a transparent process. For example, European Parliament may apply MCDA to arrive on a number of conclusions on whether introducing software patents in Europe would help or destroy European software industry. Since MCDA involves a certain element of subjectiveness, morals and ethics of the researcher implementing MCDA plays a significant part on accuracy and fairness of MCDA's conclusion. The ethical point is very important when one is making a decision that seriously impact on other people as opposed to a personal decision. Some of the MCDA models are:-

Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
Fuzzy Set Theory
Goal Programming
ELECTRE (Outranking)
Data Envelopment Analysis
Which model is most appropriate depends on the problem at hand and may be to some extent which model decision maker is most comfortable with.
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 15:42   #3
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

I think he wanted to know how to apply MAUT, Electre I, Electre II and Electre III
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 16:20   #4
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

hans where are you and what on earth are you doing these days?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Aug 2006, 19:15   #5
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I am actually taking a decision making theory course right now. We're focusing on decision analysis from a theoretical perspective. Determining alternatives, predicting output, determining utility of output, picking the better alertnative based on problem and objectives (in a very rough nutshell).
Unread 27 Aug 2006, 09:54   #6
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoeN
hans where are you and what on earth are you doing these days?
At home or at nicky's .. studying and hockeying .. courses start next week, this week I got one retake. What on earth are you doing nowadays?

Anyways if someone can give me a quick introduction into MAUT and Electre and if possible the Utility Function I'd be more then grateful, thanks.