User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 25 Sep 2011, 21:44   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Petition for another round of...

Private Galaxies!!!

Been a while now so were due another one. Think it would be a nice change of pace from what we have atm.

Private galaxies of 8 with 2 late starts

Random Galxies capped at 14

Would be about even overall and give a private galaxy a chance of actually win top galaxy instead of the past this those silly 20+ member random galaxies!!

Thoughts please!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 21:48   #2
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice
Re: Petition for another round of...

id let you in my gal but you have a history of crashing!!
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2011, 22:57   #3
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i would like an explaination of what happens once all the random gals have 14 members? where do new/late starters (without a late start code) go?

what happens to exiles once the random gals are full?

if you exile out of a private gal do they have a space for someone to exile in?

just the immediate questions i can think of.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 00:49   #4
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

pa has no way of limiting the random gals, we will just end up with the same as last time, random gals of 25 created by organized exile.

the problem is the number of galaxy's is determined on shuffle and is only reduced when appoco decide a gal is dead and needs to be disbanded, no new gals are created.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 06:26   #5
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

ill start another one.. all 100% random gals for next round
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 07:14   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i would like an explaination of what happens once all the random gals have 14 members? where do new/late starters (without a late start code) go?

what happens to exiles once the random gals are full?

if you exile out of a private gal do they have a space for someone to exile in?

just the immediate questions i can think of.

I would say that Appoco has the ability to set an amount of random galaxies there will be

If you base the playerbase on 1k players (thats what it is - it doesnt grow it just gets smaller) and that at max you will have 700 players not in priv gals so set up the amount of random galaxies accordingly. If 14 is reached then a new galaxy is created... this might put a halt also on p[layers creating super galaxies via exiling which in my imo is a burden on pa!!

If you want a fort get a private galaxy... simple
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 09:12   #7
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe an increase in the Buddy Pack size could be an alternative?
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 09:48   #8
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
ill start another one.. all 100% random gals for next round

I ll start another one.

6 Man gals - complete random

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 12:53   #9
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

.... and no exiling.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 14:19   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Private Galaxies!!!

Been a while now so were due another one. Think it would be a nice change of pace from what we have atm.

Private galaxies of 8 with 2 late starts

Random Galxies capped at 14

Would be about even overall and give a private galaxy a chance of actually win top galaxy instead of the past this those silly 20+ member random galaxies!!

Thoughts please!!
Random gals at 14? are you mad? Do you realise what this will do to the people who cant get 7 other active people to play? 8 people + 2 late starts?? Idiotic suggestion.

If we were to have private galaxies in the current amount of players, 6 with 2 late starters and random gals capped at 16 or 18 would be more preferable.
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 15:02   #11
DerEins
Zookeeper Champion, Shape Game Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Super Fishing Champion, spankthemonkey Champion, Suicide Puppy Champion, Trotter Track Champion, Simon Champion

DerEins is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post

I ll start another one.

6 Man gals - complete random

nice idea... could switch between normal round and this one... so ally's still can play every 2nd round...

DerEins

and yes I play Havoc

played rounds:
2-11/ 29-46 / 49 /51-53 / 55 / 60-63 / 65 / 68-82 /102....

GII - KoN - oldC19a - Factory - Xanadu - ViSioN - Osiris - ROCK - Imperia - S.P.Q.R. - Ultores - CT-Nomads-SpreadSheetWarriors-
DerEins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 18:00   #12
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Random gals at 14? are you mad? Do you realise what this will do to the people who cant get 7 other active people to play? 8 people + 2 late starts?? Idiotic suggestion.

If we were to have private galaxies in the current amount of players, 6 with 2 late starters and random gals capped at 16 or 18 would be more preferable.
BUt then you end up with the same crap that a random galaxy of exilers will be unroidable and the round stagnates out...

Possibly 6 +2 is better ill agree on that cos that is basically just increasing the buddy pack system by 1 and removing the 1 late starter for a full bp thing.

But random galaxies with double the size of a priv gal will just be untouchable if ppl exile right...

needs to be 80% more not 100%-120% its too much of an advantage
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 19:34   #13
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i would like 5 man bps, rest of the gal as random, no exiling.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 22:28   #14
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

what happens if you have inactive planets tho Rein??
Unread 26 Sep 2011, 22:34   #15
Reincarnate
ToF

tough. better to force experienced players to at least try and help people as its massively in their interest

Unread 26 Sep 2011, 23:35   #16
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMagic View Post
id let you in my gal but you have a history of crashing!!
look who's talking.. "Mr Crash & GetClosed"

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 01:00   #17
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Tbh, the only reason for changing setup of a round is to have some variation. Not because it's better. It all equally sucks, and all will be abused into oblivion. So any idea for a setup is as good as any other.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 01:26   #18
budious
Egoistic Warmonger

budious has a spectacular aura aboutbudious has a spectacular aura about

How about a round of strong cr/bs stats and significant xp bonus for each structure killed administered in an attack? Run up the xp score bracket on rankings and effectively make the SK the weapon of choice. Small alliances capped at 25 members and no in-game cross defending between alliances allowed. Planets are randomly shuffled every 24 ticks at 20:00GMT, planets idle for the previous 24 ticks goto 200: until logged in then placed into a random galaxy, all active players get priority shuffled. Galaxy defense becomes random.
budious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 02:20   #19
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

What is this? A competition to see who can come up with the most (highest number of) ridiculous ideas in a single post?

(Unless,of course, I'm missing the sarcasm).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 08:13   #20
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
tough. better to force experienced players to at least try and help people as its massively in their interest
whats this about helping inactive ppl? it cant be done, they dont want to learn. player that wants to learn how to play pa comes to irc, joins and alliance and learns it..

imo instead u have to make it more easier to get rid of the ones that signup and login once in every 2 weeks
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 13:11   #21
allstarmikey

allstarmikey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I need to say I agree on that!
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 15:26   #22
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate
And if they don't want help / doesn't want to learn?
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 16:09   #23
neroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksero View Post
And if they don't want help / doesn't want to learn?
which is like 80% of the inactive players in pa..

dont get me wrong, im ok to help new ppl or returning ppl.. i do it every round if i come together with one.. and i do it gladly, IF i see one wants to learn.. im also quite sure that most of pa`s playerbase does the same..

theres a difference between inactive-1time-login-planets and new ppl eager to learn and the thing is that ppl should be able to get rid of the inactive-1time-login-planets from gals
Unread 27 Sep 2011, 18:27   #24
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

i have to say i agree with neeron here.. Rein you know taht lots of ppl help newer players if their keen to learn or even if there semi keen - but inactive planets are just a waste and can screw a galaxies round if they were forced to stay. There should possibly be a slightly more strigent removal procedure as some of these dead accounts hang around for ages!!!
Unread 28 Sep 2011, 07:23   #25
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Hate private galaxies: No thanks
Unread 30 Sep 2011, 21:59   #26
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Nice to see the PA team was original in there decisions for Round 44...

5 man bps - 80 man tags (with 50 counting) .... all completely new to me :|

How about you mix it up a little atleast!!! Just try something new - who knows you might actually like it... otheriwse what is the point of you?? we could just get 1 guy to press the reset button and go again if this is the originality and progression you are bringing to the game!!!!
Unread 1 Oct 2011, 11:03   #27
neroon

game has kinda been like that for quite some time:P only implementing unneeded shit to even reward inactive ppls

its like forbidden to try something completely different out.. like small tags; no alliance limits; multiple planets; etc

seems they are happy with current state of the game and everything is ok :P