User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 25 Nov 2006, 09:32   #1
voodoo
a pain

voodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond reputevoodoo has a reputation beyond repute
eXilition

so now that you are an inch away from winning, will you say "you all suck, 50 man alliance beat 4 80 man alliances", or will you say "we indeed lied when we were saying we weren't playing for real, and you were all stupid enough to buy into the crap" ?

either way, a win is a win, and the only reason you won was because no real opposition was formed against you throughout the round. once it is over, please dont be shy of belitteling everybody, because we obviously deserve it.
lets hope future rounds will bring less politics and more fighting for everybody, not just for the runner-ups.

note: no, there is no real point to this thread, just felt that we should have a place to comment/whine/etc. on how the round turned up in the end, and maybe some eXi pre-finnish victory speeches

enjoy
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:12   #2
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: eXilition

I'm pretty sure we had more fights then you, being in vacationmode for so long.

Lets cancel merges for next round! It's so unfair.

Last edited by Stoom; 25 Nov 2006 at 10:17.
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:12   #3
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo
and the only reason you won was because no real opposition was formed against you throughout the round
That's because there's no real* opposition to form.

*No offence to all the other alliances
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:17   #4
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

it was your own fault guys, with a name as bad as furious omen.......
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:19   #5
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

They'd do better with a name like 'Furmen' to be honest
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:34   #6
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
so now that you are an inch away from winning, will you say "you all suck, 50 man alliance beat 4 80 man alliances", or will you say "we indeed lied when we were saying we weren't playing for real, and you were all stupid enough to buy into the crap" ?
Shut up the real reasons eX are going to win (if they do win) are these.

1) To start off with, Angels thought they could bully ND and take out eX at ND's expense by leaving ND exposed, and to give ND a chance of winning, ND had to give eX a chance (and only a chance) of winning. At this stage it was not certain that eX would win the round at all, there was just a slight glimmer they would win.

2) The FO merger has changed many aspects of the game. First off it has changed the mechanics of the war. Basically 2 beaten alliances threw their toys out of the pram and merged and hurled everything at the only other realistic contender at the time against Exilition, that being ND. The minute FO hit ND, eX's position increased from a chance, to them being on the road to victory. Secondly they've made it acceptable to merge to gain players in order to win - now while this is an acceptable tactic, this is not good for the credibility of any planetarion result. Even so, eXilition's merge is now acceptable. Even with 6 members added, it might have been acceptable regardless, but this has just rubber stamped it.

It certainly strengthens any case for further restrictions to put on mergers in game in the future.

3) exilition happen to be good players. Angels/Omen made themselves rampantly unpopular, and had politics blow up in their face. NewDawn spent the first 3 weeks of this round absolutely dicking away fleet. I've known this was a factor since it started happening - instead of crying about it, I went to my HC, who addressed the problem, even though it's something that affects you throughout the round and can't be taken back.

Quote:
either way, a win is a win, and the only reason you won was because no real opposition was formed against you throughout the round. once it is over, please dont be shy of belitteling everybody, because we obviously deserve it.
You might as well have copied Sjor's post a few weeks ago and stuck it on here. The central reason, if eX are going to win is because your HC are pretty bitter about being unable to cow ND on several occasions. Like we said earlier in the round - you wanted to hit eX, you should have gone and hit them, as we won't be pushed into stupid political moves which leave us exposed to a large hostile block and remove any chance of us finishing top 5, never mind top 1. For the record, we don't think about winning, we just see how a round goes.

Quote:
lets hope future rounds will bring less politics and more fighting for everybody, not just for the runner-ups.
If it's Angels creating a huge block and failing to use it properly, merging with alliances to stop others I entirely agree. At ND we don't do bitter, we just don't make agreements with people who we think will only use them as a delaying tactic to kill us in the future or to get us to take the heat for them. That's just sensible.

If FO's aim was to stop ND - well you've achieved it handsomely, although it's taken 5 alliances to do it. If ever we wanted flattery, that was it. If FO's aim was to get a result, well you've got 2 weeks to get it. My advice to you at the minute is simple - "targetting wrong alliance".

Last edited by lokken; 25 Nov 2006 at 10:47.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 10:53   #7
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

An alliance with an average roidcount of 1,311 deserves to win
or some other alliances deserve to lose

Infact, I hope they recruit four ex-angels/omen members to do it

Last edited by Alessio; 25 Nov 2006 at 11:01.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:00   #8
add100
add

add100 has a spectacular aura aboutadd100 has a spectacular aura about

there is still time to roid them !!
r21 Wolfpack
r22 Jenova
r23 Destiny
add100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:10   #9
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Even so, eXilition's merge is now acceptable. Even with 6 members added, it might have been acceptable regardless, but this has just rubber stamped it.
and who did we merge with u say? u cant compare us adding some outtaggers with 2 completely different allies merging.
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:11   #10
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
and who did we merge with u say? u cant compare us adding some outtaggers with 2 completely different allies merging.
I am told it was nihilum or something similar. As i've said above 6 members doesn't bother me overly.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:13   #11
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

we didnt merge.. we added the players out of tag..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:14   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend

I'm amazed by the failure of the various alliances to coordinate against eXilition. For some reason which I cannot understand, they each saw each other as a bigger threat than eXilition, ignoring all historical evidence to the contrary.

In short: Angels, Omen, ND and maybe Vision should have ganged up on eX the moment they started getting a lead in average roid count. If they can't do that kind of thing, then they are doomed to lose. It's not really very difficult: one should always eliminate one's strongest opponent first, while there are still some useful allies around to help.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:31   #13
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I'm amazed by the failure of the various alliances to coordinate against eXilition. For some reason which I cannot understand, they each saw each other as a bigger threat than eXilition, ignoring all historical evidence to the contrary.

In short: Angels, Omen, ND and maybe Vision should have ganged up on eX the moment they started getting a lead in average roid count. If they can't do that kind of thing, then they are doomed to lose. It's not really very difficult: one should always eliminate one's strongest opponent first, while there are still some useful allies around to help.
Well we really didn't want to win but after we saw who would win if we don't.....hell no.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:33   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
I don't see how ND makes a difference when Angels/Omen/Vision/P|M/ToF are 5 alliances. If 5 alliances can't take down eXilition then they need to look at it again. I don't see why ND should join in anything just for the sake of taking down one alliance, when that almost certainly dooms it to defeat to a rather substantial block, just 'for a change' in who wins the game. We were being hit to join in, when they could have hit ex - this to me is wasting my time and theirs.

Now let me make it plain - I'm not complaining about eX's victory should they win - we knew exactly what risks we took with our policy, but it was the best way out of a bad situation. Until the FO merger it looked like those risks might have paid off, given that our lead was extending (albeit slowly). But to give ourselves even a vague hope of doing anything this round, it involved giving eX hope and I'd defend that decision to the hilt.

FO have tilted the balance immeasurably - but if they want they can try and fix it.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 11:53   #15
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

I have to chuckle to myself when i see a new thread on AD these days as you know before opening it that it will descend at some point into whos fault it is for eXi powering to the win and is always full of meaningless,pointless finger pointing.
The one and only reason eXi will win this round is simple, there is no honour in pa, every alliance was worried about going to war with eXi as history dictates that as soon as someone steps up to the plate they will be backstabbed by one of the other "top" alliances for cheap gains. Everyone can claim that this wouldnt happen bet lets be honest, we all know it would.

Well played again eXi you cant be faulted for the actions of other alliances.

Truth is plain and simple, we are all to blame for eXi winning, no one alliance in pa can be trusted to be loyal and true to their word without exception. Lets have no more bitching whats done is done and we can all thank each other for it.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 12:09   #16
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
No-one was stupid enough to buy into it. Everyone knew what was gonna happen. What they were unable to do is form a plan efficient enough to take down exilition.
Hell, I tried. You would not believe some of the unbelivable reasons people gave for not getting involved. ranging from 'we are too small to make a difference' right through to 'they annoyed us 6 weeks ago so why should we help them'.
What people failed to realise (and they repeatedly fail to realise), that if they hit exi, then yes, they ahve a chance of failing, but they also stand a chance of winning. If they dont hit exi, then they stand no chance of winning.

But they just wont take a risk.
'We cant win so why should we risk losing badly'.
Havent exi/1up shown round after round that war makes an alliance stronger, gets rid of the crap and sets you up better for the next round.
yet they still wont take that risk.

As far as I see...

Angels were one of the few alliances willing to hit exi but there actions in the early part of the round meant ND and Omen wouldnt go along with them, and exi v angels was never gonna be a win.
New Dawn your decisions to not help angels because of previous dealings has backfired. You virtually guarenteed they wouldnt win, and so, with this merge, they guarenteed you couldnt win.
Omen. WTF? All that 'we cant win so we wont try and they backstabbed so we cant work with them' rubbish, and then you go and merge with them? For real?

Smacks of Ely recruiting the alliance they fought with and taking the ranks. I gather some people thought they could do the same now (which will always be cheating in my eyes and just about everyone I have spoken with). And guarenteed you would just get smacked up.

Quote:
There was real opposition. And exi fought hard and well. Its just exi outclassed easily anyone who wanted to hit them. They played a hard round and deserved to win so maybe you could climb out of your arse long enough to realise.

Quote:
note: no, there is no real point to this thread, just felt that we should have a place to comment/whine/etc. on how the round turned up in the end, and maybe some eXi pre-finnish victory speeches

enjoy
We will enjoy, its always nice when a nobody makes a rubbish thread that the players who actually can contribute proper discussion can show them how its done
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 12:28   #17
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

oh dear, I knew this thread would come.

Congratz eXilition once again.
Well done.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 12:36   #18
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The amazing thing is that even now you're looking at a situation comparable to r15. If ND or FO could fight for two weeks with the intensity of eXilition the xp gains they'd take from landing on eX planets could probably win either of them the round.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:03   #19
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Exi has double the average value or so I hear, and 1 def fleet can cover 2 ND fleets or some such. Needless to say I think the xp gains from the ones that get through would be cancelled out by the ones who crash.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:14   #20
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
No-one was stupid enough to buy into it. Everyone knew what was gonna happen. What they were unable to do is form a plan efficient enough to take down exilition.
Pretty much all there is to say on the topic is summed up in this paragraph.

Also, what does "playing for real" mean? I suppose I'm "playing for real" this round, yet I don't stay up until the wee hours checking I don't have incs or anything like that. I'm not doing as well as I'd like to be (although 3 weeks without a net connection didn't help that), but I'm doing alright.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:19   #21
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
The amazing thing is that even now you're looking at a situation comparable to r15. If ND or FO could fight for two weeks with the intensity of eXilition the xp gains they'd take from landing on eX planets could probably win either of them the round.
Thing is, they got an opponent with that intensity aswell, which wasn't the case r15.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:33   #22
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

its only 1 winner in pa the rest are loosers i dont fight for second place and i damn hope the rest of the fence raiders isnt happy with #2 but nd is nd so they prolly are :/
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:37   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Thing is, they got an opponent with that intensity aswell, which wasn't the case r15.
Yeah but there's two of them now!
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:40   #24
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
its only 1 winner in pa the rest are loosers i dont fight for second place and i damn hope the rest of the fence raiders isnt happy with #2 but nd is nd so they prolly are :/
the problem in pa is, everyone excpet 1up/exi have always been happy to settle fo 2nd place and wont take any risk for 1st.

And I think its harsh to call ND fencxesitters, I believe they ahve been involved in war with angels for most of the round.
You could call them politically inept but certainly not fencesitters.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:42   #25
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i personally believe the day that the Angels/ToF/VsN commands stopped giving a crap about helping ND out by attacking exilition was the day that ND NAP'd eXilition.

i see lokken painting ND like hero's on these threads, yet at the end of the day you were equally as bad as the people you call shit for not attacking exil. you contributed to exilition taking the win as much as others, so take your fair share of blame eh

end of the day it boiled down to who is the lesser of 2 evils for the win....ND or eXil? seemed that anger at ND shone through over anger for eXil

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:46   #26
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
end of the day it boiled down to who is the lesser of 2 evils for the win....ND or eXil? seemed that anger at ND shone through over anger for eXil
Anger is a bad advisor, try to remember that in life.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:48   #27
Forest

For me there are 3 alliances who have/had a chnace in the current climate.

ND - Shown no belief in the possibility fo a win and franjly, with the guys they have they ahve no right to think like that. Therefor I dont want them to win.

Angels/Omen - Even though I have been angels and omen in the past, and am loyal to my previous alliances, i cvannot condone tere merging actions, and therfor cant want them to win.

That leaves Exi. Go win it guys.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:49   #28
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
ND - Shown no belief in the possibility fo a win and franjly, with the guys they have they ahve no right to think like that. Therefor I dont want them to win.
Mind reader? Tarrot-card reader?
U must show me how u do that, finding out what other people believe without talking to them.

edit: btw, I do agree with Exilition deserving to win, although they were closest to the fence this round.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 13:52   #29
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see where lokken says ND are heroes really. All he does is stating the reasons for ND to nap eXi and not to bother helping the Angels/ToF/VsN block with hitting eXi. He even admits that in the long run chances were it would hand eXi the round, but from ND's perspective (and i do think he is right there) it is understandable they choose to stick with eXi instead of the short term benefits they would have from eXi being out of the picture (as obviously ND would be next in line once eXi would have been beated).

I still think if anyone is to blame, it is Angels/ToF/VsN for forming a large block early on when it wasn't needed and not using that block where it was needed when it was needed. They dictated the round with 3 top alliances amongst their ranks and their choices lead to the current situation, you can hardly blame any of the other individual alliances for acting on what the block decided to do.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:00   #30
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
U must show me how u do that, finding out what other people believe without talking to them.
Do you really think for one minute I dont speak with people in ND?

I have spoken to your HC, you advisors, officers and members, and no, there is not the belief that you ahve the ability to win.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:08   #31
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:

I have spoken to your HC, you advisors, officers and members, and no, there is not the belief that you ahve the ability to win.
Lol, u must have been talking to other people then me. I'm a member though, have been since round 1.
Djeez, Forest, get a grip.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:12   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Yes, yes, well played eXiltion. Next round please.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:12   #33
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

edit: btw, I do agree with Exilition deserving to win, although they were closest to the fence this round.
you are nd right? that edit really says more about you and nd than exi's preformens this round
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:15   #34
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i personally believe the day that the Angels/ToF/VsN commands stopped giving a crap about helping ND out by attacking exilition was the day that ND NAP'd eXilition.
You're unbelievable Mek. Just so full of crap that it's not even funny anymore. You guys sure as hell weren't helping us. You were ganging up on us forcing us to make that move. Don't actually know what your intensions were by doing that, but your blocking and teaming up on alliances was one of the dumbest moves ever made in PA. And then you began moaning and crying like little girls. Just like you all round on the AD mistar.

Shows the average iq and honour of most HC's in in PA these days, that didn't play in the old days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
i see lokken painting ND like hero's on these threads, yet at the end of the day you were equally as bad as the people you call shit for not attacking exil. you contributed to exilition taking the win as much as others, so take your fair share of blame eh
Where's lokken painting us at heroes ? Can't you see things correctly or are you dyslectic? Is your long hair in front of your eyes when you read the AD ?
Yes, we're also to blame for eXi winning. I do agree with that. But we didn't have much of a choice. And seeing the way your block has been handeling things this round, I still think there's a high chance that Angels and company would've backstabbed us quite hard in the back if we'd have hit eXi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
Fully understandable. I'd also be bitter if I thought I could bully an alliance into hitting someone and ending up getting beaten instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
I don't see where lokken says ND are heroes really. All he does is stating the reasons for ND to nap eXi and not to bother helping the Angels/ToF/VsN block with hitting eXi. He even admits that in the long run chances were it would hand eXi the round, but from ND's perspective (and i do think he is right there) it is understandable they choose to stick with eXi instead of the short term benefits they would have from eXi being out of the picture (as obviously ND would be next in line once eXi would have been beated).

I still think if anyone is to blame, it is Angels/ToF/VsN for forming a large block early on when it wasn't needed and not using that block where it was needed when it was needed. They dictated the round with 3 top alliances amongst their ranks and their choices lead to the current situation, you can hardly blame any of the other individual alliances for acting on what the block decided to do.
All those that are whining at ND. Please read this post. Cause this is the best post made all round on the AD. Sums up what I've been wanting to say all round in a nicer way.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:17   #35
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:

You're the man, Forest, you're the man!
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:22   #36
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Seems like a remarkably large coincidence for Nihilum, a high-average-score tag of 6 planets to disappear just as eXilition gain 6 members....
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:26   #37
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
you are nd right? that edit really says more about you and nd than exi's preformens this round
Umm, so u don't think Exilition played a better round then any other alliance in the game? (politically and military)
Good for you.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:34   #38
Forest

Quote:
Lol, u must have been talking to other people then me. I'm a member though, have been since round 1.
Djeez, Forest, get a grip.
As such a long upstanding member of ND then, you will be well aware that yuo alone are not the only member.
You will also be aware that a large percentage of members may not feel like you.
You will also be aware that I have many freinds within ND, bith long standing members and new members.

Its no good having an alliance where only a percentage believe they can win.
And its no use having the HC giving out that same message.

Do you think 1up and exi go into a round THINKING they MAY win? Do you think Fury did? Or legion? Or any of the other great alliances?

I will tell you. No they dont. they go into the round with every single member KNOWING they WILL win.
And that is the difference. They are full of winners who know they will win and will do what is needed to achieve that, even if it means teaming up with people you dont like in order to do so.

maybe one day you will join an alliance with a winning mentality, and when you do, you will understand where I am coming from.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:34   #39
robban1

Quote:
Umm, so u don't think Exilition played a better round then any other alliance in the game? (politically and military)
Good for you.
not really it was more the rest who sucked
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:35   #40
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
haha i couldnt agree more, funnier thing is exi didnt even play politics this round
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:50   #41
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
not really it was more the rest who sucked
if the rest sucked, then Exilition was better not?
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 14:52   #42
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Seems like a remarkably large coincidence for Nihilum, a high-average-score tag of 6 planets to disappear just as eXilition gain 6 members....
:crymeariver:

Breaking apart 2 alliances to merge 30 members from each side without caring about the people that were lost is far less important then eXi picking up a small group of friends...

again ...

:crymeariver: :crymeariver: :crymeariver:
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:04   #43
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi_K
Breaking apart 2 alliances to merge 30 members from each side without caring about the people that were lost is far less important then eXi picking up a small group of friends...
As I'm sure you noticed but just chose to ignore, I was responding to Cartman's claim that:

Quote:
Quote:
far less important then eXi picking up a small group of friends...
I'm glad someone from eXilition's admitted it
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:13   #44
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

ND had a chance to take on eXi a few weeks back.

We did a huge FC attempt on eXi + send another 3 waves at them which drained eXi almost out of every available fleet - But ND wasnt interessted in hitting eXi, prolly too scared that if eXi got smacked ND themselfes would be next.

Anyways rather see eXi then ND win - Atleast eXi showed some skill this round.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:15   #45
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
As such a long upstanding member of ND then, you will be well aware that yuo alone are not the only member.
You will also be aware that a large percentage of members may not feel like you.
You will also be aware that I have many freinds within ND, bith long standing members and new members.

Its no good having an alliance where only a percentage believe they can win.
And its no use having the HC giving out that same message.

Do you think 1up and exi go into a round THINKING they MAY win? Do you think Fury did? Or legion? Or any of the other great alliances?

I will tell you. No they dont. they go into the round with every single member KNOWING they WILL win.
And that is the difference. They are full of winners who know they will win and will do what is needed to achieve that, even if it means teaming up with people you dont like in order to do so.

maybe one day you will join an alliance with a winning mentality, and when you do, you will understand where I am coming from.
Forest talking about winning, someone get me a sewing kit my sides have split.

OK proper response: So 1up knew they were going to win when they lost to Exi and Asc?

FFS stunning logic.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:17   #46
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
:crymeariver:

again ...

:crymeariver: :crymeariver: :crymeariver:
I hope nobody is even considering the idea that it might not have been their plan to merge from the start?
I have one of this "Nihilum" exi players in my galaxy, he attacked with exi most of the round and always kept denying they'd merge. Eventho I kept telling him they would.
I was right.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:21   #47
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Forest talking about winning, someone get me a sewing kit my sides have split.
We could always go back to how we first met

Blue Tuba ftw lol.

I am a born winner, and within pa, exi are the ONLY alliance to of dented that.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:24   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
If you ever spout out such pretentious gibberish again I will ban you straight out to remove the irritation of possibly reading such crap in the future. Next time you post please try and leave out any references to how great you are.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:31   #49
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
People who ar so full of themselves to think they were born as a winner, are mainly born as a loser.
Unread 25 Nov 2006, 15:31   #50
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

JBG i often find your posts lighting up my day with your wit , but its a shame you cant offer an unbiased view as a mod , its a shame you dont apply the threats to "certain" members of your ally who constantly brag of their exploits and how great they are.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote