User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:10   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Multihunter idiocy part 91503

The story starts off with me being in this galaxy. It's comprised mostly of Apprime planets, with 2 CT and 1 Innuendo planet. Most of us are doing pretty well. The lone Innuendo planet got roided to dust when he hit Apprime for a couple of nights, which probably wasn't the smartest thing to do from an Apprime fortress, but he seems to be OK with how it turned out for him, and so are we.

Today, one of our CT planets crashed 1.3m value. Pretty silly. He then emo'd and left tag. We were informed that he had quit CT and after confirming that his planet was indeed no longer listed on our CT Relations page, we immediately set about roiding him to the ground, like the bottom feeding scum that we are. The first wave that launched was an Apprime Cr/Bs wave. An Ultores Fr/De fleet was already prelaunched as well and it would've come next, if only 5 minutes later the ex-CT planet in question hadn't been closed.

We in Apprime were a little surprised, and a little disappointed, so I took it upon myself to see if I could extract some information from the MHs. Alas, no such luck. I was curtly informed that the case would not be discussed with anyone but the planet owner. Ok. Fair enough. That's the rules, after all. So I went away.

We waited. We waited for our ex-CT buddy to come online and clarify the situation for us. 10 minutes later our patience was rewarded. Our ex-CT buddy showed up, as surprised as we were, but fairly cheerful, all things considering, and ventured into the IQ-wrecking place that is #multihunters to satisfy his own (and our!) curiosity. There, Ace launched straight into his usual I-am-your-father-and-I-am-very-disappointed-in-you-laddy speech.

http://pastebin.com/Dtjtf4Mk

I especially like the "you know what you did wrong" bit that Ace always manages to put in there (which is so standard that I predicted he would say it, almost verbatim).

So. Let it be known. Henceforth, it is illegal to attack people who emoquit your tag. Your allies also can't do it. And presumably anyone who you've allied outside of the game also can't. And if you're closed, never, ever use a smiley. It's like a red flag to a bull. Just because you didn't say you cheated, doesn't mean that anything you do say isn't interpreted as an admission of guilt.

And no, I don't expect this'll change anything. He won't be reopened (even though he should be) and Ace won't face any repercussions (even though he should), but I believe that the kind of powertripping that MHs (Ace's behaviour is just the most blatant) seem to so thoroughly enjoy should be seen by the community at large, just like police brutality in the real world. Fight the ****ing power!

P.S. I've received some complaints that there's no nudity in this post. My apologies, but the forum rules prohibit me from posting what I know is much more interesting than the failings of some random guy on the internet. See me on IRC, I'm sure I can accommodate you.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 27 Nov 2012 at 19:27.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:24   #2
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Multihunter idiocy part 91503

Seems ridiculous to me and i hope there is more to this case than shown in the logs.
The MHs wont really be able to come out and defend/discuss it though as it would break their rules.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:25   #3
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

We've all seen too many cases exactly like this one where the MH('s) are allowed to act like complete idiots and close players in an unjustified manner.

Although it's a lowblow from Apprime / Ultores to immediately go and roid said planet it's no reason for closure.

Get your act together for once... There is a reason why everyone thinks you suck. Because you actually do. Hard.
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:39   #4
N30666
Registered user "again"

N30666 is an unknown quantity at this point

he should not have been closed, he did nothing wrong.
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 19:46   #5
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I hate Ace as much as the next guy, but this isn't the worst way to deal with a situation like this under the circumstances. With the context of how hard it is to roid this round, a 400 roid cap could potentially decide the planet race and farming would be a fairly shitty way of having that happen. With MH's essentially being unable to catch any cheaters, even people they know are cheating, there's bound to be some frustration and questionable decisions among them. Fact is that a planet leaving the tag, immediately followed by incoming from that alliance or a napped alliance is often a co-ordinated effort to give a certain planet those roids. Maybe this wasn't, but I find it better to err on the side of caution in these matters and close said planet before you need to go back and remove roids etc etc.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 20:40   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Knowing Sjargord from BPing him for a couple of rounds, i know he didnt crash on purpose, just because he is a sh*t player.
Though when one decides to give up on PA, they should put the planet into deletion mode, wich shouldnt allow other alliances to hit it for stealing the roids.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 22:32   #7
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

this is possibly the best forums thread ever, up until when golan joins it.
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 22:40   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
I hate Ace as much as the next guy, but this isn't the worst way to deal with a situation like this under the circumstances. With the context of how hard it is to roid this round, a 400 roid cap could potentially decide the planet race and farming would be a fairly shitty way of having that happen. With MH's essentially being unable to catch any cheaters, even people they know are cheating, there's bound to be some frustration and questionable decisions among them. Fact is that a planet leaving the tag, immediately followed by incoming from that alliance or a napped alliance is often a co-ordinated effort to give a certain planet those roids. Maybe this wasn't, but I find it better to err on the side of caution in these matters and close said planet before you need to go back and remove roids etc etc.
This is pretty much true. Difficult to know exactly how to address it though. Maybe make leaving tag take more than a click, ie you click and then have to click again next tick? This just reduces the chances of people emoing though, without addressing the fundamental problem, which is that it's very difficult in these situations to tell cheating from perfectly legitimate vulturism. An active, #1 rank-contending planet is far more likely to be around to hear about something like this and jump on the opportunity. Equally a lot of #1 planets will have friends in alliances who may be willing to give up their roids to them if they've lost their round.

All in all when you have a conundrum like this I usually like to blame poor game design.
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 23:43   #9
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Let us all take one step back here and analyze the real facts.

1. The MH role must be truly awful.
2. Ace has PA players admitting cheating (CarDi and co:P) but cannot do anything about it with old tools & a errm lack of time??
3. This roiding of a large planet something Ace can pump his frustration in to.

Now what can we do?

Obviously if Ace does not want to MH he should step down. IF others are willing to do the role? Who the hell wants it?

Last round I played I mis launched half my CO and crashed my fleet to end up being closed and not reopened lol..... SO I FEEL THE PAIN MZ, I FEEL IT.

Would be nice to see a response from Ace though!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2012, 23:53   #10
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

Ace never respond, they never talked about all of their failed cases, cause its "private matter".

Mh policy:

Guilty until proven innocent.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2012, 08:24   #11
Nightwolf

Nightwolf has a spectacular aura aboutNightwolf has a spectacular aura about

You should be able to emo whenever you like!
Nightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2012, 11:07   #12
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

the game is full of opportunistic cnuts who are probably checking kia and the universe feed page every tick for crashers to launch at , appoco sort this shit out its gone beyond a joke

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2012, 14:46   #13
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Getting closed for crashing, emoing, and then smiling.

Sounds like a good decission.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2012, 19:12   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The interesting part about this is none of the attackers were closed (I'm guessing?)

So it's really blatantly obvious that Ace had zero proof of cheating and just went off what, a hunch?
Unread 28 Nov 2012, 21:16   #15
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

I was one of the attackers, heard he was without tag, hit str8 away ofc

Edit: Hope that smiley doesn't get me closed
Unread 29 Nov 2012, 21:33   #16
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Another Ace fail.

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Nov 2012, 22:08   #17
Plaguuu

What I really dont get tho, is why cba havent been closed, when he openly admits to multiing.

One thing is if they cant prove people multiing, but here you have a case of a player stating publicly in forums that he cheats. Yet no action is take against him. #multihunters -> #namechangersandemoclosers
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 10:51   #18
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

And today we have another case of emoclosing where those that play fair gets punished...
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 12:47   #19
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point

What I dont understand is if you admit to a crime and you confess that is nomally enough proof to be punished. Why not with the Apprime cheaters?
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 13:56   #20
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
And today we have another case of emoclosing where those that play fair gets punished...
Poor you!
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 14:34   #21
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

yet they cant do anything about app and cousins ... they closed crowke after he emoed sold ships and inited roids (was below bash limit) yet when patrik did this they did nothing.
ManiacMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:10   #22
TheoDD

I would also like to see what rule they are upholding by closing these players.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 15:45   #23
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Theres no rule they just do what they want. If player x roids a planet that is clearly a farm nothing will be done, when player y does it it gets closed..... its like this for a while now.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 16:48   #24
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really niceManiacMagic is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
I would also like to see what rule they are upholding by closing these players.
ill tell you what everyone told me when patrikc did it, he ruined his round not yours, get over it
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 16:50   #25
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We were right then, you are right now. I don't think you actually believe what you just posted, but you're still right.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 16:56   #26
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

Well I said then this clearly wasnt the intent of the systema nd it was abuse and I also said wait till later when it has to do with a number 1 planet or potential of, shoot id still love that 500k score and be in the run for top 3 ... its pure stupidity and it will be abused, I hope it gets abused a lot more for this entertainment of MH bliss.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 18:03   #27
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
What I dont understand is if you admit to a crime and you confess that is nomally enough proof to be punished. Why not with the Apprime cheaters?
Who takes AD seriously though?
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 18:55   #28
tokath
semi-retired

tokath is an unknown quantity at this point

The simple truth is Jagex should hire people for anti-cheating positions that do not have personal relationships with the community. Pulling volunteers from the community to do it is one of the worse possible ways.
tokath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 19:05   #29
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokath View Post
The simple truth is Jagex should hire people for anti-cheating positions that do not have personal relationships with the community. Pulling volunteers from the community to do it is one of the worse possible ways.
However, you also need people who know how the game work. Those two requirements are mutually exclusive.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 21:41   #30
Trunks
Fear The Reaper

Trunks is an unknown quantity at this point

Also the cheating thats going on, or alleged to be going on, is extremely hard to prove using any "tools". I mean, how would you prove someone was VPNing unless they ****ed up?

Not saying its impossible, genuinely would like to know how its possible, if so.
Unread 30 Nov 2012, 22:38   #31
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

It's funny how MM is still bitter over a turn of events that actually gained him roids...
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Dec 2012, 08:50   #32
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

ill be bitter until the VERY END!!!!

actually im not bitter anymore tho i would enjoy finishing higher :/ but i think its funny how exactly what i said would happen did.
Unread 1 Dec 2012, 08:51   #33
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

btw that score alone would put me at about top 3 without considering eventual value gains :P
Unread 1 Dec 2012, 09:09   #34
TheoDD

atleast you got roids.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 05:35   #35
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Bass just mass initiated, I wonder if MH's will close him too.

I think I will get some random dude to launch at me and mass initiate too.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 10:40   #36
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post

Another one bites the dust.

I know what im doing if im going to be roided.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 11:01   #37
Benneh
Non directed and witty

there we go, they have now taken it to another level and recalled all fleets on 3.2.1.

what a joke.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 11:15   #38
ManiacMagic
!!!AMERICA!!!

LOL bass got hit and inited? too funny
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 11:26   #39
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

The mind boggles at the idiocy of the MHs.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 11:47   #40
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clouds View Post

I'd rather get roided than quit a top10 planet, but it seems I am one of the few. Getting yourself closed because of 10 fleets incoming is pretty extreme though, and it was one of the people complaining the most about the crowke decision as well, which makes it extra hilarious. People have such fragile ego's this round due to not getting roided at all, that they would rather quit than get roided. MH's need to figure out a better way of dealing with this when it's obviously not farming, but just an attempt to get closed, like f.ex. resetting the roids/value to pre-init state, let people land, then close the planet. Hopefully from next round on that can be the new policy, this round they have to stick with the current sucky decisions.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 13:01   #41
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

This one is a tricky situation though. Seeing as 2 'contending' planets were launched on Bass when he did this it would be severly unfair on those other 'contending' planets if these were allowed to land for all those extra roids.

There needs to be something put in place to prevent this happening (see the new discussion in Planetarion Suggestions) but i think for the fairness of the rankings this was the right decision by the MH's. There hands are tieed with out dated tools and a game that is way way too abusable...
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 13:14   #42
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
This one is a tricky situation though. Seeing as 2 'contending' planets were launched on Bass when he did this it would be severly unfair on those other 'contending' planets if these were allowed to land for all those extra roids.

There needs to be something put in place to prevent this happening (see the new discussion in Planetarion Suggestions) but i think for the fairness of the rankings this was the right decision by the MH's. There hands are tieed with out dated tools and a game that is way way too abusable...
bass had the same thing happend to him the day before.
After a long discussion in the #multihunters, where i was stating how this would effect future game plans on such things as deciding who gets #1 planet and stuff like that.
MH have taken a stand, and bass did the moraly right thing. Too bad for the game, cus they are being let down by people like CroWke who plays to ruin for everyone else, and a MH team that enables him to do that.

Unread 2 Dec 2012, 13:21   #43
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. Would it be unfair on other planets, who launched on other planets, and got defended against? because that's crap.

Or unfair to other planets who launched on emo-initers and got their fleets recalled? Because that's true. I'm glad they were consistent, at least. They closed Crowke and recalled the fleets on him, and they did the same in this instance. Even if you don't agree that this is the action that should be taken (and I don't), once they made this decision once, for one case, they're locked in. They have to keep making the same decision for all other identical cases, no matter how many more times it may happen this round.

Next round is a different matter altogether. Let us hope they will act more reasonably in the more distant-future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
MH have taken a stand, and bass did the moraly right thing. Too bad for the game, cus they are being let down by people like CroWke who plays to ruin for everyone else, and a MH team that enables him to do that.
I think it's amusing that you think bass was morally in the right today, and Crowke (who did the exact same thing) is a damn dirty ruiner who should be banned(!) from the game, along with all of his friends, and that all Ultores planets should be closed. Three cheers for hypocrisy, everyone!
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 13:49   #44
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I'm not really sure what you're saying here. Would it be unfair on other planets, who launched on other planets, and got defended against? because that's crap.

Or unfair to other planets who launched on emo-initers and got their fleets recalled? Because that's true. I'm glad they were consistent, at least. They closed Crowke and recalled the fleets on him, and they did the same in this instance. Even if you don't agree that this is the action that should be taken (and I don't), once they made this decision once, for one case, they're locked in. They have to keep making the same decision for all other identical cases, no matter how many more times it may happen this round.

I meant that they would cap more roids through the Salv&Int session going on at Bass' planet, giving them an unfair land in relation to the 'contending' planets who were attacking elsewhere, and yes completely agree that whilst this feature is heavily abusable the MH should stick to their original decision regarding an incident involving it (Crowke). This will force the PA Team to rework the salvage feature (possibly with some of the delaying elements suggested in PS) before rd 50 starts otherwise no one in the top 10 will land anywhere as everyone will just salvage and int to stop the attack on them.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:09   #45
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Funny thing is we got 2 planets in gal closed and none of them is app.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:29   #46
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Quote:
I meant that they would cap more roids through the Salv&Int session going on at Bass' planet, giving them an unfair land in relation to the 'contending' planets who were attacking elsewhere, and yes completely agree that whilst this feature is heavily abusable the MH should stick to their original decision regarding an incident involving it (Crowke). This will force the PA Team to rework the salvage feature (possibly with some of the delaying elements suggested in PS) before rd 50 starts otherwise no one in the top 10 will land anywhere as everyone will just salvage and int to stop the attack on them.

roids dont mean jack right now, the landing planets lost far more in XP than the extra 100 roids would give them. I went from 1m score gain (shared but only between 2). To 400k score gain in XP just for a couple hundred extra roids.

MH shouldnt have interfered in both cases, whats the difference between someone quitting and just leaving ships at base and a zik capping it? surely thats an emo quit. Fleets arnt recalled for that... MH have pretty much made calls in the last few weeks which will completely influence the planet race, and they were calls they didnt really need to make.
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:33   #47
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Hah now CBA tries it tooo... never the trend setter... always a sheep!!
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:49   #48
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post

Next round is a different matter altogether. Let us hope they will act more reasonably in the more distant-future.

I think it's amusing that you think bass was morally in the right today, and Crowke (who did the exact same thing) is a damn dirty ruiner who should be banned(!) from the game, along with all of his friends, and that all Ultores planets should be closed. Three cheers for hypocrisy, everyone!
Bass would never done this to ruining the game for everyone, he is just setting an example. He should be saluted for taking a stand against the MH who allowed this to happend in the first place. He left a possibole top10 ranking to have a major issue raised. CroWke did it just to troll.
Can it be so hard for the MHs or the admins just to admit they did a major mistake?

Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:50   #49
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

Quote:
Bass would never done this to ruining the game for everyone, he is just setting an example. He should be saluted for taking a stand against the MH who allowed this to happend in the first place. He left a possibole top10 ranking to have a major issue raised. CroWke did it just to troll.
Can it be so hard for the MHs or the admins just to admit they did a major mistake?
he didnt raise the issue, there is an entire thread about it. in fact, its this thread!
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2012, 14:50   #50
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
No, he did it to teach Cardi a lesson. Hopeless exercise, if you ask me, but there you have it.