User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 24 Jun 2011, 18:37   #51
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough
Re: About time for a GUI update

How? I thought you need a registered netgamers pnick in order to get into +i channels?

And...

Relation Change Ascendancy and the Horde are now at war with each other.
Korsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 18:53   #52
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

/msg [email protected] login <> <>

If you can get onto the comunit, you can go to the netgamers website and register yourself an account. Dedicated clients have more features but honestly I doubt many people really use all that many of them.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 2011, 23:18   #53
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Korsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the roughKorsan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
/msg [email protected] login <> <>

If you can get onto the comunit, you can go to the netgamers website and register yourself an account. Dedicated clients have more features but honestly I doubt many people really use all that many of them.
So you don't have an auto perform list for instance.. I think this is just one major example about what the the com unit really lacks to be a full irc client replacement. Hence I ask for an improved com unit.

And...

Unread 25 Jun 2011, 00:10   #54
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

Why would you need a perform list when you can set everything to autoinvite anyway?

It might be a convenient feature but it hardly makes and IRC client required in any way.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jun 2011, 02:08   #55
Korsan
Always MadcowS

in order to use autoinvite you need to be logged in with a pnick.

Try to convince new players to use something called a comunit where you have to enter cryptic commands every time they want to log in. It doesn't work.

We tried this when "The Horde" was alive. We've noticed that a lot of the players were just unable to set up irc, even com unit was too much for them.
The game need accessible communication tools. Else every new player will ask you "Why don't you use Skype?" which I heard about 50 times at horde.

Besides I am giving you direct feedback from our ex members which were mostly new to the game. I'm not telling you stories

And...

Unread 25 Jun 2011, 09:14   #56
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Adding a line for P nick and password wouldn't be too hard and I agree it would be a nice addition. There are some security considerations, though, most significantly that they'd have to store the password either in plain text or (preferably) encrypted. You can't hash it (the usual approach to storing passwords), because hashes by their very nature are irreversible.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 26 Jun 2011 at 18:47. Reason: perfectionism is a curse
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2011, 17:57   #57
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
We tried this when "The Horde" was alive. We've noticed that a lot of the players were just unable to set up irc, even com unit was too much for them.
The game need accessible communication tools. Else every new player will ask you "Why don't you use Skype?" which I heard about 50 times at horde.
they can't use com unit? bloody hell how did they manage to sign up a planet? on a similar note how the hell do you expect them to use a bcalc if they can't use com unit? these people are lost causes and should stick to farm"vile" imo.

there is nothing wrong with the current com unit and if people aren't willing to learn how to use a tool to play a game to it's full potential why should people make it easier for them to suck?

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2011, 19:42   #58
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuLgAr View Post
they can't use com unit? bloody hell how did they manage to sign up a planet? on a similar note how the hell do you expect them to use a bcalc if they can't use com unit? these people are lost causes and should stick to farm"vile" imo.

there is nothing wrong with the current com unit and if people aren't willing to learn how to use a tool to play a game to it's full potential why should people make it easier for them to suck?
Well, people just don't like to install another chat program i guess.
But the main reason why com unit was a pain is the +i issue and the lack of auto perform options.
Besides I think it is wrong to expect people who want to play to install and setup mirc which can really take a lot of you if you have no clue about tech. I've showed PA to a lot of friends and tried to win them as players but the feedback I got the most is it is not accessible and too complicated when it could be a lot easier.

And...

Unread 26 Jun 2011, 23:48   #59
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

yet another person taking their knowledge of IRC for granted... guess what... it's not very simple.
Unread 27 Jun 2011, 12:34   #60
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
yet another person taking their knowledge of IRC for granted... guess what... it's not very simple.
And yet another person who attempts to drive this off topic. Go get a banana

And...

Unread 27 Jun 2011, 17:40   #61
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

wasnt he agreeing with you or did i miss some kind of point?
Unread 27 Jun 2011, 17:53   #62
Korsan
Always MadcowS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
wasnt he agreeing with you or did i miss some kind of point?
Thought he was referring to me because there is not quote. If not I apologize dude

And...