User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Apr 2008, 09:34   #1
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold
Shaolin

Hey everyone,

OK so this summer I decided id try out something a little bit different, and for a white boy with zero martial arts experience and not being hugely fit attending a Shaolin Monastary is quite a change from anything that im used to. Arguably this is bordering on lunacy, a opinion strongly shared by my mother.

Nevertheless I will be attending the Sipling City Martial Arts academy for a month this summer, and was just wondering if anyone else had had any similar experiences or would be eager to try it out with me

http://www.shaolins.com/ Is the website, any thoughts would be appreciated!

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 09:53   #2
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by website
No person is welcome at the academy who:

* is a show-off, or a bully or
* is lazy and unwilling to clean up after themselves regarding their living quarters and/or personal hygiene, or
* is unwilling to participate in early morning or other training, or
* who lies, or who attempts to cover up for another student who has lied, or
* is unfriendly or insolent to others (to students, teachers, or any other person), or presumes to be better than other students in any way, or who tries to create disharmony between others, for any reason.
You wont last 3 hours.
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:02   #3
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

lol yeah their website is funny, I love the bit about not visiting the prostitutes in the local villages ;D

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 28 Apr 2008, 10:30   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's pretty cool.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 20:56   #5
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Shaolin

holy crap!

tbh looks really interesting.

not your average summer break but i guess that's not what you are after
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2008, 22:35   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thought of the day:

You don't seem to be taking this seriously enough to

a) actually do it, and
b) stick around long enough to pack your bags
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2008, 10:32   #7
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Thought of the day:

You don't seem to be taking this seriously enough to

a) actually do it, and
b) stick around long enough to pack your bags
Well its too late for me to back out Sent my reservation fee off already, and will be booking the flights when my Visa forms come through. Im very serious about it, its something that ive always wanted todo and since this is my last 'summer break' its probably my last chance todo this before i get a job, at which point taking a months holiday off would become very awkward.

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 3 May 2008, 20:35   #8
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

There are red blobs under your name. Does the institute know this?
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2008, 21:21   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Lukey

What will you do without your Esse wideboy lifestyle
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2008, 07:31   #10
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No person is welcome at the academy who:

* is a show-off, or a bully or
* is lazy and unwilling to clean up after themselves regarding their living quarters and/or personal hygiene, or
* is unwilling to participate in early morning or other training, or
* who lies, or who attempts to cover up for another student who has lied, or
* is unfriendly or insolent to others (to students, teachers, or any other person), or presumes to be better than other students in any way, or who tries to create disharmony between others, for any reason.

Well, that rules me out, and a lot of the people around here

From my experience, when someone does something like this, they come out a better person for it, even if it is as simple as having more discipline.

Good luck

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 02:41   #11
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneED
Hey Lukey

What will you do without your Esse wideboy lifestyle
essex???

how tall is he?
Unread 5 May 2008, 10:07   #12
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubert Samson
Well, that rules me out, and a lot of the people around here

From my experience, when someone does something like this, they come out a better person for it, even if it is as simple as having more discipline.

Good luck
Thanks alot

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 5 May 2008, 11:09   #13
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Are you sure you want to do this?

Last edited by Alessio; 5 May 2008 at 11:27.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2008, 07:29   #14
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

For anyone interested, im now out there and doing a little blog!

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/China/blog-316659.html

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/China/blog-316665.html

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 27 Aug 2008, 10:25   #15
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

it looks like the building out of Hostel.

But hope everythings going well, looks interesting and if i was still a free man it would definitely be something i would have tried.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Aug 2008, 12:39   #16
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

The best of British luck to you

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 20:19   #17
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post

Nice, Keep em coming!
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Aug 2008, 20:26   #18
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm very impressed you've actually good through with it. It's inspired me to do something similar next summer, though I probably won't so I'm counting on you to do this well!
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2008, 00:00   #19
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

excellent blog, and good luck with this, you are a braver man than i
Unread 5 Sep 2008, 06:40   #20
arc

arc is an unknown quantity at this point

get the hell out of my country
R17 #15 1:2:12 Howling Rain Zik
R20 #10 15:6:8 Destiny Zik
R21 #32 18:5:2 Conspiracy Zik
R22 #13 10:5:8 Jenova Zik
R23 #32 9:5:5 eXilition Zik
R24 #5 5:4:4 Conspiracy Xan
R26 #33 8:3:7 NoX Zik
R28 #3 2:10:8 Äscendäncy Etd

Last edited by arc; 5 Sep 2008 at 06:59.
arc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 12:51   #21
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Holy farc it seems pretty cool. I used to go to Karate lessons in my youth, actually it was a huge waste of time, because it did not teach how to fight or anything really cool, we just hang around making exercises and Kata (coreographed moves) which sucked.

Kind of like the first half of Jarhead
Unread 17 Sep 2008, 18:04   #22
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Hey guys, thanks for all the positive comments! Much appriciated <3

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
Unread 17 Sep 2008, 19:38   #23
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

So how it went?
Unread 18 Sep 2008, 11:17   #24
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!

Yeah it was a good time Definately an experience, came pretty cheap at $2500 orso for the month (flight/food etc) and something that ill remember forever! Its also helped my 6 pack along nicely so that always welcome! But yeah if anyone else is interested in trying something similar gimme a shout at [email protected] n maybe i can offer some wisdom :O

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~