User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Dec 2006, 05:59   #1
Malak

Code Louis, Code Napoleon

I need to find copies of these in english for a friends 20th Birthday. I've no doubt that I can find them online, but does anyone here have any other suggestions of books that contain, or document, historical revolutions in legislation?

Napoleons was brilliant for removing the Church and all Religion from The State, and bringing about equality, and the Sun King started this. My friend is a 2nd year (will be 3rd year) law student, an ENTJ and I cannot think of anything other than Whiskey or these books to get him. He is also a fan of Stalin.

Anyone?
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 02:55   #2
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Code Louis, Code Napoleon

I hope you don't expect him to actually read a codified lawbook =)
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 03:03   #3
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

here

No doubt it can be obtained for far less if you pop into a Blackwells. The trouble (your trouble) is that it has no relevance to British people (or the book buying world)
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 07:26   #4
Malak

I found it in a bookshop, and bought it for 5 dollars. I disagree that it has no relevance, but your bigotry for the french stemming from your english nationalism means that you are unable to understand the excellence of Code Napoleon.

And yes, I expect him to read it, as he has already read a great quantity of our nations laws.
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 14:52   #5
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
I found it in a bookshop, and bought it for 5 dollars. I disagree that it has no relevance, but your bigotry for the french stemming from your english nationalism means that you are unable to understand the excellence of Code Napoleon.

And yes, I expect him to read it, as he has already read a great quantity of our nations laws.
Could you please explain how a codified foreign civil law system is of relevance to people living in a sovereign common law country?
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 19:38   #6
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Code Napoleon forms a great portion of the law of Louisiana. (Irrelevant fact.)
Unread 1 Jan 2007, 03:28   #7
Malak

When forming laws, and understanding laws, it is best to know all the possibilities, where they came from and how they came about.

Napoleons Code was far better than English Common Law
Unread 1 Jan 2007, 05:11   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak
When forming laws, and understanding laws, it is best to know all the possibilities, where they came from and how they came about.

Napoleons Code was far better than English Common Law
If you wanted to understand where the code civil comes from then you should have bought your friend a copy of the Institutes of Justinian and an accompanying copy of the Digest .

As for 'better'. I eat trolls for breakfast you spastic.
Unread 1 Jan 2007, 06:57   #9
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Perhaps the Nepoleonic Code was better for the French as they don't have the self-control or subtlety of thought native to the English?

Last edited by dda; 1 Jan 2007 at 07:39.
dda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2007, 07:10   #10
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Perhaps the Nepoleonic Code was better for the French as they don't have the self-control or subtlety of though native to the English?
He's already labelled me an "english nationalist" (lord alone knows what that means although presumably it means i can murder dace) best not to give him ideas

He tends to ignore points anyway. i don't hold out much hope for him frankly
Unread 1 Jan 2007, 07:41   #11
dda
USS Oklahoma

Do you suppose he is French? If so one must make allowances.