User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:10   #51
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A matter of contention

Indeed. I have always admired the British. I was very impressed, as a child, by the British Commonwealth of Nations. America is a late comer to the entire empire thing and you are right when you have pointed out that we haven't quite figured it out as of yet. Partly, I think, because there is a schitophrenic (however spelled) aspect of the American collective psyche which is both attracted and repelled by the concept of empire.

I wonder if, when my time comes, I will be able to find a map of the world with red splotches where the US, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. are.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:13   #52
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Indeed. I have always admired the British. I was very impressed, as a child, by the British Commonwealth of Nations. America is a late comer to the entire empire thing and you are right when you have pointed out that we haven't quite figured it out as of yet. Partly, I think, because there is a schitophrenic (however spelled) aspect of the American collective psyche which is both attracted and repelled by the concept of empire.

I wonder if, when my time comes, I will be able to find a map of the world with red splotches where the US, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. are.
you will find one -everything passes. the question remains how you will you feel when you look at it.
i mean no real offence. but you do treat the puerto ricans terribly. what is done is done and can not be now amended. but the future?
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:14   #53
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire_lestat
so why pink?
it always was pink.

it always will be.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:15   #54
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

I know, the question was why did they pick pink?
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:19   #55
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Puerto Ricans? How so?
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:19   #56
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

we were late to the game. spain, france, portugal etc had already bagsied the best colours.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:22   #57
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Puerto Ricans? How so?
it's the whole taxation without representation thing.

see also Guam, the Virgin Islands, a few others that I forget.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 01:53   #58
dda
USS Oklahoma

Guam is self-governing and they are not subject to US income taxes as far as I know.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 02:09   #59
Yahwe
I am.

puerto rico should be a state and it upsets me that you don't know that.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 02:41   #60
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
...when my time comes...
estimate 26th September if you maintain your current posts per day average
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 07:01   #61
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A matter of contention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
Works for me if that's what the Puerto Ricans want. The last plebiscite was inconclusive.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 10:58   #62
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Nodrog looks like Sam from the Lord of the Rings films.
I think it's more amusing that JJ looks like Duke Nukem or Deffeh looks like Legolas.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 11:22   #63
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
He said 1921. The US wasn't a part of the empire in 1921. Oh, codependent perhaps, but not an actual member.
apologies, i failed to notice where he said this, again sincere apologies.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 22:21   #64
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Apparently most of the Puero Ricans don't know it. I have always favored it.
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 22:25   #65
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbass
Deffeh looks like Legolas.
I disagree. He can grind and slide down elephants, and i can post on the internet.

Also one of us is loved by women everywhere

and the other one is a character in a popular work of fiction

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 23:04   #66
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh

Also one of us is loved by women everywhere

and the other one is a character in a popular work of fiction
so you are a gimmick then.
Unread 2 Sep 2005, 22:59   #67
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i too feel i have earned this right as i have served this forum faithfully in gathering my 10,000 rep points as proof of that service.

how am i rewarded?

treated as a servile curr i am reduced to the rank of second class citizen . forced to gaze longingly at quazakrogue's breasts and dace's stupid ****ing face day in day out.
And you choose as your avatar an example of Britain's rapacious Imperial history.

Funny: I found myself just now defending you (and your lousy personality) when my wife asked me why I was writing this about you.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:33   #68
MrPedantic
Banned

MrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to beholdMrPedantic is a splendid one to behold

I pity your wife. forced to be married to a retard like you.
MrPedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:37   #69
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan
And you choose as your avatar an example of Britain's rapacious Imperial history.

Funny: I found myself just now defending you (and your lousy personality) when my wife asked me why I was writing this about you.
funny.

i think i am due criticism. let her. it won't hurt me and it may make me better.

your only crime is that you love your country too much (far far too much). i am bombared almost hourly with pictures of the suffering. i can not understand. do you follow this? I can not understand how your country could do this to it's own people.

i just can't understand. and that makes me very angry. i am very angry because i know that if i wasn't very angry then i would be crying. and gentlemen don't cry.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 00:52   #70
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavius
Gentlemen also capitalize the "I".

Oh and, the country did not do "this" to its own people. The country surely could do more to 'help' the people who are suffering, but it's far away from being the 'cause'.

I hope you understand these new concepts. I have put single quotes around them to make it easier for you.
shut up troll

you seek only to try and make me look stupid.

you care nothing for those that suffer.

how sad you are then.

because all you have done is make yourself look stupid.

you didn't even manage to take the piss out of me and i ask you? HOW HARD IS IT TO DO THAT?

my friends, my cousins accross the pond have made some very big mistakes in a high pressured situation. i will criticise them. not because i am you. not because i want to make myself feel better. but because i want them to do better.

I cry for their dead bodies. i wouldn't piss on yours.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:13   #71
dda
USS Oklahoma

Yahwe,

I agree that it is very, very sad. And I ask you, in all sincerity, what measures you believe could reasonably been taken to have made things better? My opinion may differ on some of them but I ask the question so that I can determine where we agree and where we may disagree. I understand that you and I are not emergency management experts but we certainly have opinions.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:21   #72
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Yahwe,

You just neg-repped me and made me cry.

Yours (though you may not love me as much as the poor americans),

Boogster
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:28   #73
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
i just can't understand. and that makes me very angry. i am very angry because i know that if i wasn't very angry then i would be crying. and gentlemen don't cry.
You are making me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
[/hulk]
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:30   #74
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
Yahwe,

You just neg-repped me and made me cry.

Yours (though you may not love me as much as the poor americans),

Boogster
Why don't you capitalize Americans. We are capitalists after all.
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:30   #75
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Yahwe,

I agree that it is very, very sad. And I ask you, in all sincerity, what measures you believe could reasonably been taken to have made things better? My opinion may differ on some of them but I ask the question so that I can determine where we agree and where we may disagree. I understand that you and I are not emergency management experts but we certainly have opinions.
there were more detailed warnings than for any other natural crisis so far.

first? evacuate. evacuate as an order from the president. i'm not talking force (though the chinese seem to minimalise casualties that way). an evacuation suggestion given as a piece of advice??? to a people used to crying wolf?

the wind blows. it is gone

the barriers break. they were built to withstand a force 3. (why?) but let's not ask that now. this is a crisis.

what i wanted (what i want) is for those in charge (and that means harvard and yale for you the same way it would mean oxford or cambridge for us) to have asked: to plan.

before = evacuate.
immediately after= work out what people will need. put them in this order: 1) water, 2) shelter, 3) medical care, 4) food
day 1 (after) = deal with federal v state legal issues. mobilize the army, buy at comercial prices water and food. (realise that there is a risk of cholera)
day 2 = get those trucks finished loading and on their way. if need be think about air assistance
day 3= start requisitioning commercial property to assist. (ignore the protests and that'd only be a few over paid executives.)
day 4 = restor power. light restores order far quicker than bullets.

this is a basic plan i've come up with in 4 minutes. the federal gov has had years to plan. why did no one know what they were doing?

why don't they now?

If all the gov. planning had failed in england do you know what would happen? eight year olds would give up their savings. the very very poor would donate food. among mine? noblesse obligé would kick in.

what honestly. what honestly shocks me. it's not that your government is incompetent (i had suspected that for a while now). what shocks me is that none of you citizens seem to care.
you don't seem to care. you aren't outraged. YES your federal government has ****ed up big time. SO? solve it! but there are no food conveys from seattle. no water trucks from newyork (what 2/3 days by land???)

you aren't looking after your own.

you don't seem to care.

the dying people.

they are yours. they are you

WHY???? WHY?? WHY ****ING WHAY AREN'T LOOKING AFTER THEM????
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 01:34   #76
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
WHY???? WHY?? WHY ****ING WHY AREN'T LOOKING AFTER THEM????
They're mostly black aren't they?
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 08:12   #77
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: A matter of contention

Quote:

first? evacuate. evacuate as an order from the president.
I don't know if the President has the authority to issue such an order and I don't think it's his job to be doing so. Local officials (mayors and Governors) are more directly accountable to the people who will be evacuated--it should be their call.
Quote:
i'm not talking force (though the chinese seem to minimalise casualties that way). an evacuation suggestion given as a piece of advice??? to a people used to crying wolf?
I'm not sure what you are referring to. The order to evacuate New Orleans was given by the mayor of New Orleans a full 48 hours before the hurricane struck. It was a mandatory evacuation order (the first in New Orlean's history--previous hurricanes had merited only voluntary evacuation). Of course, some people don't obey these orders and some people had no means to get out of the city (I think they could have done a lot better job with the later), but overall it appears they got between 80-90% of the people out which is substantially better than in the past (the voluntary evacuations never got more than 60% of the people out).
Quote:

the barriers break. they were built to withstand a force 3. (why?) but let's not ask that now. this is a crisis.

what i wanted (what i want) is for those in charge (and that means harvard and yale for you the same way it would mean oxford or cambridge for us) to have asked: to plan.

before = evacuate.
immediately after= work out what people will need. put them in this order: 1) water, 2) shelter, 3) medical care, 4) food
day 1 (after) = deal with federal v state legal issues. mobilize the army, buy at comercial prices water and food. (realise that there is a risk of cholera)
day 2 = get those trucks finished loading and on their way. if need be think about air assistance
day 3= start requisitioning commercial property to assist. (ignore the protests and that'd only be a few over paid executives.)

this is a basic plan i've come up with in 4 minutes. the federal gov has had years to plan. why did no one know what they were doing?

why don't they now?

If all the gov. planning had failed in england do you know what would happen? eight year olds would give up their savings. the very very poor would donate food. among mine? noblesse obligé would kick in.

what honestly. what honestly shocks me. it's not that your government is incompetent (i had suspected that for a while now). what shocks me is that none of you citizens seem to care.
you don't seem to care. you aren't outraged. YES your federal government has ****ed up big time. SO? solve it! but there are no food conveys from seattle. no water trucks from newyork (what 2/3 days by land???)
I can't speak for Seattle or New York, but food and water trucks have been leaving my community for a couple of days now. I don't know if they're getting through yet, but we're sending 'em.

And although the media is focusing almost exclusively on New Orleans, large parts of southern Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama have been devastated. Just because aid has been slow getting to New Orleans doesn't mean it hasn't been getting to other people who need it. We don't yet have the whole picture.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2005, 17:19   #78
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:

first? evacuate. evacuate as an order from the president. i'm not talking force (though the chinese seem to minimalise casualties that way). an evacuation suggestion given as a piece of advice??? to a people used to crying wolf?

before = evacuate.

why don't they now?

you aren't looking after your own.

you don't seem to care.

the dying people.

they are yours. they are you

WHY???? WHY?? WHY ****ING WHAY AREN'T LOOKING AFTER THEM????
I do have some thoughts on these subjects. However, for my own convenience I am not going to post them in this thread. I am going to post them in several new threads so as to break down the areas and avoid a massive (boring) post. Instead just a number of smaller (boring) posts.