User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Feb 2009, 14:49   #1
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
rollback ?

Whats the criteria for a rollback is it just one missed tick or more , will fleets be recalled
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 14:54   #2
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: rollback ?

more importantly, why are PA team STILL ****ing about with useless code during the last official round of PA.
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 15:12   #3
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

this is utter bollocks, game closed as people are trying to recall, message said it was closed untill further notice, then it was reopened minutes before a tick so people cant get back online to recall.

oh and its still broken
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 15:48   #4
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

Well, there we go...rollback and fleets recalled....thats 2 rounds in a row PA Team have fu*ked up my 2 best lands of the round. Go to hell...

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 15:48   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

gotta admit i'm happy bout the rollback didnt want 5 waves of vgn and omen landing on me \o/
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 15:52   #6
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future

I haven't logged in in a while. What's happened?
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 15:54   #7
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

right lets put it like this.

You tried to remove the quests because people complained about that. Because others got more res which MIGHT of covered incs, in most cases people wouldnt of been able to prod it.

So now you **** up everyone who was attacking instead rather than just people who are to retarded to planet scan before they land.

Effectively you give large planets a far bigger advantage than the smaller ones.

Also, if we are waiting 24 ****ing hours why do we have a fleet recall, isnt the idea to be in the same situation as such. I certainly didnt have 3 fleets home at 11am. Hardly anyone ****ing did.

I know its standard proceedure but as far i was concerned so was not ****ing around with the game mid round and that was broken so why cant this retarded rule be changed mid round too.
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:00   #8
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Should have tested the quests.

We saw what happened with the basic ones in beta, and this was quite obviously going to be a big problem.

I'm really not impressed.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:01   #9
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

The best bit was trying to manually correct the database. Now that is some serious optimism right there.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:18   #10
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

May I ask who's bright idea it was to implement these quest at this given time?

1) Such big changes should never be implemented during a round, even if it's only tick 207.

2) Why the hell implement this when every has fleets out and is about to land.
If ever you wanted to implement something, do it in the evening (gmt) that way if you **** up, like you guys "sometimes" seem to do, and a rollback is needed, consequences will not be so big...
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:28   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

This is great, I was out last night and am busy tonight too, I've not missed anything :-)
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:33   #12
Bojan

Bojan is an unknown quantity at this point

f****n ridiculous, i have an awesome land. and now they do this! useless PA team. very disgruntled. i want my roids n xp back! there is no need for a rollback, just start from where it mucked up.
Rd 24-26 xVx BC/Dc/Scanner
Rd 27 xVx DC/Scanner + Denial Scanner
RD 28 xVx Dc/Scanner
RD 29 Denial BC

O Lé Léeee O Lá Láaaaa, ser del barca es, el millor que hi ha
Bojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:40   #13
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

1) Why are pointless quests that add nothing at this stage being added mid round anyway? Mid round to a live production environment. I mean seriously. What on earth is the thinking behind this?

2) Why was a backup not taken as the changes were applied? It's bad enough applying changes to a live platform, and surely if something goes wrong you want to be in a position to undo it.
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 16:51   #14
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

PA being as useless as ever it seems!
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 17:02   #15
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

What hope is there for after this round?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 17:04   #16
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

lol shit
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 17:23   #17
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

WOW, who woulda forseen a rollback in planetarion ?
Shocking!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 17:51   #18
Membrivio
Leader of the Membrivians
Curveball Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion

Membrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to beholdMembrivio is a splendid one to behold

Thank you! I will still have my roids \o/

Once again: Thank you very much!
R35/36: p3nguins
R37: Evolution
R48: ODDR
R49: CT
[KB] [Mercenaries] [p0ny]

The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything. (J.W. Goethe)
Membrivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 18:00   #19
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Cannot understand how they can decide to this at the exact time when attacks start landing.
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 18:29   #20
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
Cannot understand how they can decide to this at the exact time when attacks start landing.
We all know how out of touch with the community PA team actually is, isnt this the reason its the last round afterall?
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 18:30   #21
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

we deserver a thorough explanation of how things went wrong, when one pays for a game, then they are in their right to demand a good explanation when things go wrong due to actions of the creators. And i dont need shit like: things went wrong so we stopped the ticker..no, i want detailed description of decisions being made and the reasons behind those decisions..

but im prolly asking for something impossible...

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 18:39   #22
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

As its the last round, i think its nice that we've had a reminder why the game is dying and the fact that it deserves to die.

Not just one thing was wrong here but multiple mistakes:
1. Untested quests implemented into a Live game which people have payed for, after all previous quests that have been implemented have bugged out.
2. The time chosen for implementing the quests, was when the most fleets are flying.. Causing the most problems if something goes wrong.
3. The rewards for the quests are skewed in the wrong direction in the first place and PA Team didnt ask for community feedback before implementing them (or at least trying to). The #1 Sized planet gets to 5000 roids and his reward is 10mil resources to put him further into the lead? etc.
4. The game was brought back up after the downtime 3minutes before a tick (A tick where alot of people were landing).
5. Where was the advanced warning that you was going to take the game down? Did i miss it somewhere? or was this a spur of the moment 'ill ruin the game for everyone' decision?
6. During the downtime, there was little/no feedback and the information we recieved all contradicted itself. On the login screen, it said the game was down for a unknown time.. then in the next line it said it would be back up within the hour? then in the topic it said ETA Unknown.
7. When the game was brought back up with 3minutes to tick, PA team didnt even do a /notice in #planetarion or change the topic before the tick.

Its like the PA Team just dont care anymore, which doesnt give high-hopes for Galaxytarion.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 19:43   #23
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

I would like to know why all fleets are returned to base. I don't see what the fleets have to do with the quest problems.

Anyone?

Xeno
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 20:10   #24
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Recalling fleets is utterly ludicrous. Why the game could not be fixed, rolled back 24 hours with further time before hand for people to recall, run ships or w/e I dont understand.

Cost me a t50 place and my galaxy mate #1 spot due to not landing high xp attacks.
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 20:29   #25
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
Recalling fleets is utterly ludicrous. Why the game could not be fixed, rolled back 24 hours with further time before hand for people to recall, run ships or w/e I dont understand.

Cost me a t50 place and my galaxy mate #1 spot due to not landing high xp attacks.
Oooo You still play? presumed you quit

But yeh cost me 3 decent landings...

However its procedure to recall fleets after the rollback but fair play, THE PROBLEM IS THE DAM implementation of the questions anyway!!!

Whos idea was it to implement it at that time?? whos idea was it for those awful questions

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 20:37   #26
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

As its procedure. Once the mistakes had been made, the only choice was Rollback with Fleet Recall (24hours no ticks could be argued though).

The reason for this, is that it gives an unfair advantage to people with fleets not recalled.. I.e. anyone eta 4 or lower will still land uneffected but anyone eta 5 or higher cannot, as galaxys have 24hours to organise defence (thus giving an unfair advantage). Thats the reason why the fleet recall rule was implemented (I.E. Its aimed at screwing everyone over, not just late launchers).

To take your scenario.. Your eta 4 when it rollsback.. You get to top50 and your galaxy mate gets to #1 spot. The people who launched one tick later than you (eta 5) have no recall, as the galaxy can organise defence on every wave (as 100% will be online during the 24hour period). Is that fair? that some get to land and some dont?

Note: Im not explaining this to just you but to the PA Team. As they dont understand it either.. As they often roll the ticks back to a point where early launches get to land but late launchers dont, which makes the fleet recall redundent.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 21:05   #27
Thatcher
VtS killerbee

Thatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the roughThatcher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
u mean #2

i was gonna be #1 !!!

Easy Company - Founder

"Train Hard, Fight Easy"
Thatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 21:31   #28
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging.Retard View Post
1) Why are pointless quests that add nothing at this stage being added mid round anyway? Mid round to a live production environment. I mean seriously. What on earth is the thinking behind this?

2) Why was a backup not taken as the changes were applied? It's bad enough applying changes to a live platform, and surely if something goes wrong you want to be in a position to undo it.
Code SS!
Unread 1 Feb 2009, 22:27   #29
bullbars
Bullbars

bullbars is on a distinguished road

screws my amp production completly

can this be fixed
__(@)(@)_________(@)(@)__(@)___ Keep On Truckin' !!
bullbars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 00:26   #30
ClimaX

ClimaX is an unknown quantity at this point

Why ****ing bother to tell all this, like those wankers ever will listen...

This rollback and fleet recall is a procedure of downtime afaik and not a procedure of total **** up of pa staff that they implement they screwed up as usual and the game was accessable and as it happend half way in tick 209 they should have rolled back to tick 209 of which there is a back up and should go on from tick 209 so next tick should be 210. Or roll back to 207 and let fleets fly as it was then, open the game for the peeps that according their own argument cant access the game at that time to give enough time to recall.

They ever listend to the community? No they never did. Good goiing with ****ing up another round poor sods....

Not even reacting in here on the how and why and not answering pm's on irc cause they know they ****ed and are totally lost on this decision as well.

Well at least they are consistent on ****ing up most rounds and in the last round big time, no wonder Jolt is pulling the plug....
ClimaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 00:41   #31
Kattepis
De aroma komt je tegemoet

Kattepis is infamous around these parts

These rollbacks arent to bad. PA is just a game and i missed a landing aswell. Doesnt really matter much.
I can get a goodnight sleep again. We should do this more often
Kattepis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 00:41   #32
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

lol @ Jolt.
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 01:01   #33
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

They should stop the ticker every sunday, then we all get one nights decent sleep a week

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 01:45   #34
DunkelGraf
Drunken Boozer

DunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to beholdDunkelGraf is a splendid one to behold

Good bye!

! [ToT]-KC !

Äscendäncy, we got Penis inside!
DunkelGraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 09:57   #35
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Anyone claiming their t100 spot at pt200 is an idiot and should die in a reasonably large fire.

Last edited by Zeyi; 5 Feb 2009 at 16:47.
Zeyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 13:18   #36
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Always the same ****ing shit.

Rollback: "Cry, my fleet was due to land and now I won't get #1 planet"
No rollback: "Cry, my fleet was caught because I couldn't get on in time"
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 13:35   #37
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
gotta admit i'm happy bout the rollback didnt want 5 waves of vgn and omen landing on me \o/
I was eta 1 to roids and my own incomings covered. What i find extremely gay is the way the ones who landed tick before me got their roids.. while i didn't get shit... should have been a proper rollback that affected everyone, not just the unlucky guys who didn't get first wave.
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 14:27   #38
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi
Anyone claiming their t100 spot at pt200 is an idiot and should die in a reasonably large fire.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 16:17   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Epic show from pateam. I was really hoping we wouldn't make it through the round without one colossally unnecessary ****up and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed.
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 16:44   #40
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

[2/2/09 10:39:18am] <@Devlin[aw]> id just like to go to the bar with the pateam
[2/2/09 10:39:40am] <@Devlin[aw]> so i could ask them why they decided to implement a useless quest system mid round during the last round
[2/2/09 10:39:55am] <@Devlin[aw]> and then to break a beer bottle over appoco's head and use it to stab the rest of them

Seriously, what's the point? The quest system was stupid and unnecessary anyway. And it's the last round! Besides, there is a thing called a BETA for testing crap like this. Seriously. Use your damn brain next time, pateam!

Ask yourself the following questions before doing anything:

Can we do it? Sure we can, er have the quest code already written.
Should we do it? fk no, we shouldn't! the round's already began and we shouldn't risk borking the game and causing a rollback for a useless quest system that hasn't even been properly tested.

Will we do it? YES!

(The last part is where your logic seems to have failed)

Last edited by Devlin; 2 Feb 2009 at 16:50.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 21:09   #41
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Wow, so much whining.
Quests could have been implemented at a better time, sure, but no matter what time, there would have been people whining if they had to stop the game.

Seriously get over yourselves you self righteous ****s.

What I don't understand, though, is why fleets are being recalled if the game is being started at the same time the next day. It just gives people who landed earlier, and those with a big roid count an advantage. Ah well, c'est la vie
Unread 2 Feb 2009, 21:55   #42
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Wow, so much whining.
Quests could have been implemented at a better time, sure, but no matter what time, there would have been people whining if they had to stop the game.
Think you've missed the argument there..

They implemented untested code into a live game.
They implemented quests into the game without feedback from anybody (Most people would of said the rewards are wrong)
They tried to change the game mid-round.
They didnt give any warning to anyone about the downtime.

Are the main mistakes regarding the quests, the whining isnt just aimed at them doing at 10:00.. thats only the last of the stupid things they did.

Quote:
What I don't understand, though, is why fleets are being recalled if the game is being started at the same time the next day. It just gives people who landed earlier, and those with a big roid count an advantage. Ah well, c'est la vie
PA Team have forgotton the reasons why fleets are recalled (So no-one gains an advantage over the downtime). Instead they dont care about advantages anymore, only procedure.. So now we get rollbacks where some people land and some dont (instead of rolling it back to a safe time with the least amount of attacks landing like midnight) which makes the Fleet Recall redundant.
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 01:51   #43
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Think you've missed the argument there..

They implemented untested code into a live game.
They implemented quests into the game without feedback from anybody (Most people would of said the rewards are wrong)
They tried to change the game mid-round.

Are the main mistakes regarding the quests, the whining isnt just aimed at them doing at 10:00.. thats only the last of the stupid things they did.
No I didn't miss any of this. Yes, it was a silly thing to do. But these guys aren't getting paid for it, screaming at them like little children is retarded. They tried to fix it, and they have fixed it. The only real harm done was the recalling of fleets as a simple rollback and day's downtime without recalling fleets wouldn't have been disastrous, although I'm sure there'd still be a bunch of faggots whining about it endlessly.

Quote:
Are they supposed to say "shit something's gone wrong, but because you want warning we'll have to wait for a day or two to take the game down at which point it's going to be even more impossible to fix than it already is". Seriously get a ****ing grip, warning for emergency downtime?

Quote:
PA Team have forgotton the reasons why fleets are recalled (So no-one gains an advantage over the downtime). Instead they dont care about advantages anymore, only procedure.. So now we get rollbacks where some people land and some dont (instead of rolling it back to a safe time with the least amount of attacks landing like midnight) which makes the Fleet Recall redundant.
Fleet recalls are part of the rollback procedure so they had to be done. My problem is with the procedure itself and not their use of it this time. It's there to be adhered to, and they did.

Last edited by lokken; 3 Feb 2009 at 21:25.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 02:22   #44
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Wow, so much whining.
The only better time to implement anything new is before a round. So no, people wouldn't be whining. And I'm not really whining atm, just being critical of the PATeam's complete failure to use logic in this situation.
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 09:38   #45
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
The only better time to implement anything new is before a round. So no, people wouldn't be whining. And I'm not really whining atm, just being critical of the PATeam's complete failure to use logic in this situation.
Im sorry, but wanting to stab the PA team with a broken bottle does qualify as whining.
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 12:22   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The only thing better than pateam ****ing up again is the fact we have a thread about it again.
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 18:44   #47
Devlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
Im sorry, but wanting to stab the PA team with a broken bottle does qualify as whining.
Humour

Oh god I thought you were Kila. Go away Kargfool!
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 19:04   #48
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Humour

Oh god I thought you were Kila. Go away Kargfool!
It wasn't funny, it just seemed like you were very angry about an internet game.
Unread 3 Feb 2009, 19:28   #49
Devlin

Quote:
It wasn't funny, it just seemed like you were very angry about an internet game.
You must have a poor sense of humour

I found it quite funny as did everyone in the chan I said it in.
Unread 4 Feb 2009, 00:56   #50
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You must have a poor sense of humour

I found it quite funny as did everyone in the chan I said it in.
Stop talking to yourself in channels.