User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 2 Aug 2006, 09:35   #51
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice
Re: This is why PA has no players left

I think the random element is ok, what about having a buddy pack of say MAX 9 peoples one gal gets 4 ppl one gal gets 3ppl and ones gets 2ppl.

Also what i find is that the galaxys are to big make them smaller

or not
aestuos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 09:56   #52
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurx
Wakey, you havent been a new player since round 1.
You don't need to be a new player to actually see what they are going through. Thats the problem with so many PA players, we have all been where these new players are and have all to some degree yet once we get out of that period of our gaming lives we ignore it. That part of the game doesnt simply dissappear because we arent in it anymore yet too many people act like it does.

Quote:
Now, PA has done everything to impose rules and regulations to help new players and stop the major alliances. Has it helped? Has more people signed up?
As for your question of has it helped, I firmly believe it has. Yes the playerbase may not be growing but on the whole rounds are being fairly consistant in numbers, something I'm sure wouldnt be happening if new players werent getting that way in, after all lets be honest theres not a alot of hardcore gamers just waiting to signup for a browser game that requires them to sepdn 15hours+ playing it to acheive anything and a game as intense as PA is always going to see its core of hardcore players decrease round on round as everyone has a burn out point where they just cant do it anymore

I also think that we could very well see an increase if attempts to get more players into the game werent undermined by the community( in game and out of game).

Ingame the elitist nature of many players as is highlighted here just isnt good on getting and keeping players. At one time upon joining a galaxy you would receive a warm, welcoming mail from your GC trying to help you out, now most peoples first contact with a GC is a "Get on IRC now or be exiled". Even if you get on IRC if you arent willing to give up RL many galaxies will soon discard you and even if they dont theres little comradeship in galaxies as most people will not hesitate to sell you out to their alliances rather than build a solid unit

Additionally ingame feature put in place to try and help the new and low players are often gutted pretty quickly until they become little help due to alliances going out of their way to abuse them, be it the XP system, the exile system, the galaxy setups ect ect. Also alot of ideas and features to help get more people into the game are often hijacked by the vocal minority whom may find it hinders their top level alliance somewhat until the ideas largely crippled and doesnt help those it should help

Out of game you probally all know my feelings on a group of forum posters. I also remember back in the day Zeus trying to introduce some people to the game and getting the feedback that the forum community put them off from signing up, and back then this community was alot more welcoming than it is now.

Quote:
Im leaning towards full random or private galaxies. This setup sucks, and luck plays too much part in it.
As for the totally random universe, doesnt that impose even more luck than currently. Its one of the reasons for teh BP system as it allows you to guarentee some friends and some good players around you without leaving a situation where the only way you have any chance of having a fun and enjoyable round depends on what alliance your in and who you know.

TBH if some BPers didnt jump ship so quickly and if other BPers put a bit of thought into their BP's I think the system would work well. As it is alot of the BP's jump ship within a few days of the shuffle or you end up with galaxies full of BP's that are made up of complete europeans with almost identical online times which really doesnt help the galaxy
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 2 Aug 2006 at 10:02.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 10:32   #53
aestuos
No Alliance

aestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really niceaestuos is just really nice

I agree completely with Wakeys post, but the only thing i believe is that you HAVE to reward the active players for the obvious reasons time and effort etc which newbies simply dont put in to begin with anyway.

we all know the problem is the community after all I think we all must firmly believe we dont play PA for its stunning graphics its a brower game

We play because of the alliances and the friends we make, im guilty of trying to get a good ranking by sacrficing newbs and getting them kicked, i believe a large majorety of us have done that, if we can all become a little more welcoming to people who actually register and try to give it a go be it that they simply wanna play for just a little bit, that little bit could turm into more if well we were nicer.

Im sure if a new person went onto IRC and into the galchannel and people helped them it would be fine. But we cant because to many people fakenick on another client and simply dont check it.

(I agree with lokken fake niks = the lame)

If we all remember why we play (the community) and introuce the new players to it im sure playerbase would grow

or not
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 10:53   #54
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Just to clarify JBG; are you saying three seperate universes that cannot interefere whith each other?
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 11:17   #55
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz
Just to clarify JBG; are you saying three seperate universes that cannot interefere whith each other?
No, two. Where did you get the third one from?
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 11:20   #56
Razgriz
Retired FCHC

Razgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the roughRazgriz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
No, two. Where did you get the third one from?
Sorry, i see now. I quite like that idea, would just about sort everything out.
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
---------------------------------------------------
[F-Crew] - You know when you've been [FC]ucked

join our public chan #f-crew
Razgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 13:04   #57
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

make private gals of 5 people, no randoms, give the majority of people who pay what they want etc:<
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 13:22   #58
aestuos
No Alliance

was that sarcasm alki?? i honestly cant tell

or not
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 14:59   #59
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

I can do 5 people per galaxy thing. BP vs the world. That would rock. Def would suck, ofc. But i think lost roids would more then compensate the prices people pay to exile inactives

as to the topic: if you are inactive (2-3 hours total broken up at least twice a day or more) then when i spend my time showing you how this game works, telling you what to do, getting you help, scans, even def, and then not seeing you for a week then its liek... why did I just spend all that time of my life helping this newb who would have quit anyways ? Its kinda messed up, but there are always two sides of the story.

I have 0 problems helping ANY new player, investing MUCH time into him, showing him the ropes, so to say. EVERY random who needed that in my galaxy will vouvh for that. But I dont wanna just waste my time on someone who will not appreciate it.
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 17:23   #60
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
1. People using it to force themselves into super-gals with their mates, which is not what it was intended for (hi elviz & co!!!!).
i grinned
this has been going on way longer.
back when i played active in the '1up vs LCH rounds' it was funny to see how storebo and 5 of his friends (sorry for just naming you, i forgot the names) ended up in the same galaxy 3 rounds in a row

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 21:20   #61
wielklem
retired

wielklem is an unknown quantity at this point

it again points out that exiling is become utter silly also shuffles are silly they should shuffle all free planets and paid planets with 0-9 roids to cluster 200 untill they login after the shuffle to join gals
r3-r5 nub r8-r17, r19 tot/lch nub, r20-r22 CT nub, r23 inactive ToF
wielklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 07:44   #62
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
dont agree.

You got 24 Hrs to PM/Mail/Contact the GC in any way to tell the galaxy what you can do and what you cant do for them. I got 2 Scanners ingal, and it worked nice with both within the 24 Hours. We are all happy bunnys and ranked Top10 with gal...

Those 24 Hours Exile Protection are enough, if you are absent you just mail the GC and he will understand.
Imo You're one of the least understanding GCs in the game. You would exile people because they can't do enough for you(not bothering at all that people are doing their best considering they got a hectic reallife) Imo a GC has more responsebility than to kick everyone who isnt huge. You should make sure everyone who does their best gets the chance they deserve, and make sure the game is playable for new players aswell as old.

Imo its GCs like you who make players quit(you've already made someone who defended you alot, and got nothing in return, quit this round)

Stick to being a peon, you're not a leader.

-Jonas-

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 2006, 14:35   #63
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
What about all free players/all players who select "are you a new player who'd prefer a bit of experience outside the mainstream universe" go straight out to cluster 200. Once they reach a certain score they are given the option of moving into the mainstream universe, once they reach another score above that they are forced to move into the main universe. This means that new players start off in a less intense playing-field, galaxies won't get pointless inactives who never even login after the first couple of days, medium-low galaxies won't waste resources they can ill-afford on exiles. Conversely it also means they're not going to jump into the irc-related section of the game straightaway so might potentially lose interest before they get really into it, plus they miss out on scans a bit (I don't think a huge number of those players get scans normally though). To be honest I don't think this will happen though, the fun part of the game likely to keep people, ie attacking, will still be open. If you couldn't be bothered logging in a few times a day to attack you're probably not a PA player.
I suggested something like this before. Though that was one paid and one free universe. Free accounts being in c200+ and having a lifetime of say 2 weeks or so before they get frozen, where the owner would get the option to upgrade and get moved into the real universe.

Im not sure having the "im a n00b" feature would work, but its definatley worth a try.

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 10:42   #64
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

We'd just have to watch out for the inevitable abuse by experienced players looking for an easy start.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 10:58   #65
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Imo You're one of the least understanding GCs in the game. You would exile people because they can't do enough for you(not bothering at all that people are doing their best considering they got a hectic reallife) Imo a GC has more responsebility than to kick everyone who isnt huge. You should make sure everyone who does their best gets the chance they deserve, and make sure the game is playable for new players aswell as old.

Imo its GCs like you who make players quit(you've already made someone who defended you alot, and got nothing in return, quit this round)

Stick to being a peon, you're not a leader.

-Jonas-
haha. thats funny Jonas. that from your mouth.

1) Yeh Arfy was right. I didnt read the whole post properly. My post was a bit precipated and I'm sorry for that. we solved it in pm

2) You are so ridiculous Jonas. your Real Mate who is clearly the reason for this flaming was the least active one in the gal. I gave him several chances, mailed him etc. , he said he would improve...he didnt. I tried again - he didnt. I tried several times, he kept me on the long line and promised me things he couldnt hold. he could have been honest at least. wasnt the fact. Sorry but I expect at least an attack daily, the time aint playing any role. he couldnt make it...rather admitted getting drunk (probably with you..hehe) but thats sth personal and doesnt belong to here...so dont accuse me with this "bad GC shit", as I could bitch at you for the last rnds where you played the Insomnia Leader and didnt give a **** about ally work. You were rather playing Poker or WoW so dont accuse me with that stuff of being a bad GC or in your speech "leader" k Adolf? k thx.

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 10:59   #66
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

1) Yeh Arfy was right. I didnt read the whole post properly. My post was a bit precipated and I'm sorry for that. we solved it in pm

2) You are so ridiculous Jonas. your Real Mate who is clearly the reason for this flaming was the least active one in the gal. I gave him several chances, mailed him etc. , he said he would improve...he didnt. I tried again - he didnt. I tried several times, he kept me on the long line and promised me things he couldnt hold. he could have been honest at least. wasnt the fact. Sorry but I expect at least an attack daily, the time aint playing any role. he couldnt make it...rather admitted getting drunk (probably with you..hehe) but thats sth personal and doesnt belong to here...so dont accuse me with this "bad GC shit", as I could bitch at you for the last rnds where you played the Insomnia Leader and didnt give a **** about ally work. You were rather playing Poker or WoW so dont accuse me with that stuff of being a bad GC or in your speech "leader" k Adolf? k thx.

dont drag the name of insomnia into this please, this is a thread relating to GC's nothing at all to do with alliances, their leaders or last round. thanx.. that goes for both you and jonas.

Mek

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 11:36   #67
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

tbh i like helping out new ppl, but only the ones that deserve to be helped.
For example ppl that actually get on irc, if they're unpaid i'll try and get em a credit, if they don't know what fleet to build and how to attack properly i'll give them some help too.
But people that just sign up and only check pa once every week or so, don't get on irc, don't reply to mails.... I honestly can't see how anyone can help them become better players.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 11:49   #68
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Quote:

I only saw it through my m8 yes, and I saw him defending you daily, trying to be online as much as he could whenever he wasnt working(or getting drunk with me, its summer...GET OUT) Basically you abusing him the whole start of the round for def, only to kick him out in the cold when he couldnt keep up with the average. Heres a newsflash for you: There will ALWAYS be someone below average. And there will always be someone whos less active. In the end, theese are the ones providing you more active people roids. They deserve the same respect and threatment that any1 else who actually cares for the game does.

And im sure he wasnt the first one. Point is, you wont try to accept the fact that EVERYONE cannot be online ALL the time, like you. So you are ruining the rounds of people that isnt saccrificing their reallife for the game, but wants to play it as what it is. A Game.

Dragging my leadership in Insomnia into this is just retarded. You, more than any should know that I always worked for Insomnia. And what the hell does me playing poker wow football or whatever have to do with it? I expect an apology for that. I always did my shit in Insomnia, I created the goddamn thing...

-Jonas-

Retired
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 12:07   #69
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

children plz, use the pm function on this forum or irc

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:05   #70
sale
Bavarian Barbarian

sale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of lightsale is a glorious beacon of light

i got exiled cause i am in the wrong ally, first sending a few fleets on me, they waited till i am in bed and then they exiled me...
a few hours later i logged on,
different gal with 5 uncovered waves on me.

nice taktik btw...

so i would say THAT ruins the game.
sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 14:42   #71
Mhadf

Mhadf is an unknown quantity at this point

Well 3 exiles down and my fourth on the way.

I've been sat in IRC for over an hour waiting for a response,
Forum and private mail have all been used.....
Looks like GC is scared to say why they are exiling me.

I can't believe I quit all those years ago(R4) and come back to find the situation with exiling has made things hundreds of times worse.

Exile needs a serious overhaul to make it worthwhile playing. As it stands the GC doesn't have to give a reason, and the person being exiled has no way to prevent it.

If Spinner could see this I doubt he'd be happy.

Oh and the GC is called 'Cant Think'...... Sounds appropriate
Mhadf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 15:49   #72
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Just remove the exile feature all together.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 16:34   #73
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

That would again ruin the round for alot of more active players, as they would be stuck with inactives(yes there are inactives :P)

Retired
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 17:26   #74
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Just remove the exile feature all together.
I think there is a step in between - slowing exile down.

What if once everyone has voted yes it then took 24 ticks for the exile to actually happen - this gives the person being exiled time to pleasd their case to stay and means the number of possible exiles in a round is vastly reduced.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 18:51   #75
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

What about a different approach to exile? The game keeps track of planet activities, and only planets that haven't logged in (or actively played their planet) for say 24 hours (without being in vacation mode) can be exiled?

This would mean you force galaxies to work closer together as any reasonably active player can't be exiled, and the so-called 'elite' gals can't go around exiling any planet that doesn't meet their 'attack/defend atleast x times a day, be on irc for 5 hours a day' standards.
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 19:04   #76
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
What about a different approach to exile? The game keeps track of planet activities, and only planets that haven't logged in (or actively played their planet) for say 24 hours (without being in vacation mode) can be exiled?

This would mean you force galaxies to work closer together as any reasonably active player can't be exiled, and the so-called 'elite' gals can't go around exiling any planet that doesn't meet their 'attack/defend atleast x times a day, be on irc for 5 hours a day' standards.
problem with that is the easy abuse - lets say u get bored with a round, and want to annoy your galaxy - simply log in once a day (or do whatever it is they need to do daily to count as active) and do nothing.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Aug 2006, 20:18   #77
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
You were rather playing Poker or WoW so dont accuse me with that stuff of being a bad GC or in your speech "leader" k Adolf? k thx.
Godwin u lose kthxbye.
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 12:44   #78
DJet
Wearer of The Hat

DJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the roughDJet is a jewel in the rough

personally i think its up to the galaxy members to stop this from happening, i like to give people a chance if they show some sign of life (fair enough if they dont show any after say 2 days)

tbh the best way to do this is naming and shaming of the GCs, i mean if they get named and shamed publically they are less likely to do it right?

so here we go, this is from a player who says his experiance of 9 rounds as a GC make him the best choice in our gal for GC (after our old one self-exiled, which i dont blame him for tbh)

[12:27] <DJeteh> i think this post applies to you rext: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=191809
[12:28] [@rext] i have read that post all ready
[12:28] <DJeteh> yet you still exile someone who posts on the forums and posted an irc nick?

unfortunatly he didnt actually reply to that last query.

so here i say: rext you are ruining this game by not giving new galaxy members a chance, even after they have posted on our gal forums several times, including an irc nick and a mob number.

My vote has changed.

i also declare a new PA movement: Players Against Stupid Exiling, or PASE.

Join PASE today, save a noob! :crazyxmas:
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 14:46   #79
Mighteh
Your typical Troll

Mighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these partsMighteh is infamous around these parts

i am here with DJteh. every newb deserves a chance. Every gal has that random that would be shit otherwise, but in a good gal, with some teachings from the wiser ones, and given nominal level of activity, become very beneficial.

Long live PASE

(eventho I still say exile all the inactive twats that dont bother showing their face on IRC at least 3 times during first 3 days of them being in gal)
And an illustrated book about birds
See alot up there
But dont be scared
who needs action, when you got words....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg
reading this line is explicit acceptance of my superiority over you
Mighteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2006, 17:59   #80
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of

I personally think that we should lose the bp feature and go completely random. I always go random because its a bigger challenge. Lets face it if you have been playing this game a for a while u do get good at it but at the same rate you get bored of it.

I'm fairly lucky this round to be in an active gal but at the same time we are not t25. Our activity i would say is on par with most of the t10 gals, its just our combined allies or lack there of top tier allies in gal make it harder to get def etc.

When a planet gets exiled they should be put straight into c200. Only planets coming back from c200 should join up new places. This will encourage activity that we all crave for.

tsm
Unread 10 Aug 2006, 20:45   #81
Devlin

Devlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura aboutDevlin has a spectacular aura about

What about rather than having to wait 24 hours before exiling someone, you need to wait 24 hours after the GC initiates the exile before the ministers can vote, giving the poor guy some time to explain himself? I'm MoD in my gal and I can say that I've never seen an exile last more than 60 seconds and thats if someone is taking a pee when the GC clicks the button.
Devlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Aug 2006, 13:00   #82
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

gal exiled me coz i was irc inactive.

Everytime i went on irc there was just the same one person or p there only.

I told that one person i might not be irc active as i would like to be but tbh planetarion you only NEED to be on mirc for an attack for sending defence reporting defence which can amount to bugger all tbh and anyone can do.

I reported all incomings at the time they appeared on mirc .
I was late starter but building ships quickly and researched everyhour on the hour.
I paid for an account being in the same gal as a freind (again)who knows i am very active and thinking of joining him in 1up again.

And because I was the only one not in the "other" galaxy channel where the fake nicks dont exist, I was exiled for not being irc active.

I also told my "friend" 10 mins after exiling me that I was going to be irc active as from tuesday(this was a friday) and we could have pwned the round like we did back in round 13 but all he could say was the galaxy forced him to(he is the GC) because I wasnt on mirc enough.

pisses me off because;

1) I am an active player and when I play I play well
2) If they bothered there arse to go in the "fakenick" channel they would have seen I was always online reporting incs etc..
3) I reported there incs the **********
4) My friend was GC and also in 1up with me and always phoning me up for defence.
5) I only paid for my account because of my freind.
6) they are number 1 galaxy.

Save to say I quit playing after I was exiled because i got exiled by a friend in a game thats just a game.

cheers elviz.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.

Last edited by noah02; 14 Aug 2006 at 13:10.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 11:17   #83
phillup

Bring back round 3.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 12:50   #84
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
Tale of Woe...
Let me get this straight, you actually know elviz and you still thought he gave a shit about anyone or anything but himself and his own rank?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 13:48   #85
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Let me get this straight, you actually know elviz and you still thought he gave a shit about anyone or anything but himself and his own rank?
tbh it find it very surprising that he hasnt been roided heavily after leaving 1up

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 14:01   #86
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
tbh it find it very surprising that he hasnt been roided heavily after leaving 1up
well once a cheater always a cheater, as i said before it all about who you know not who you are in pa
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 14:38   #87
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry for being so blind tbh

Elviz left 1up?

Who did he join then?

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 14:52   #88
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Elviz jumped ship to Subh when he was told he couldn't be in 1up and have a planet nap with eXilition. As we all know, this is not a problem in Subh. Recent intelligence suggests that the Subh fence now reaches the lower stratosphere and is only threatened by errant weather balloons and migrating sparrows.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 14:56   #89
noah02
The Original Terran

Quote:
Elviz jumped ship to Subh when he was told he couldn't be in 1up and have a planet nap with eXilition. As we all know, this is not a problem in Subh. Recent intelligence suggests that the Subh fence now reaches the lower stratosphere and is only threatened by errant weather balloons and migrating sparrows.

Only one word for that.

Sad.

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 15:15   #90
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

Is that seriously the truth behind him leaving 1up? The guy was with them through thick and thin for many rounds, he was very loyal.
________
Web Shows

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:01.
TouRiQueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 15:32   #91
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Unfortunately it is.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 15:38   #92
Zim

Zim is on a distinguished road

Completely random gals of 25 people. No exiling/self exiling. Forcing the experienced players to help their less experienced counterparts, and in the end creating a stronger gal (and in theory a stronger player base?) Oh, and if you have inactives in your gal...tuff luck This will make the best complete "galaxy" the winner imo. This might also make for some interesting alliance situations? I think they tried something like this some rounds ago..oh yeah the begining when PA was nothing if not fun
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:04   #93
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

TouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these partsTouRiQueT is infamous around these parts

This was tried before, if I remember correctly many "hardcore" players didn't like being random because they actually wanted to play in a galaxy with their friends. Personally I wouldn't mind a random round but I doubt it will change anything substantially.

The problem, in my opinion, with totally random galaxies is that you can end up having NO allies, NO friends and a bunch of inactives. This basically leads to NO in galaxy defence, not a very fun round because you ultimately concentrate on trying to stay alive and screw over your galaxy mates because they're dong it to you. At least with the system right now there are buddy packs which are shuffled randomly so at least you get to be with a couple friends.

________
Peak Towers Condo

Last edited by TouRiQueT; 13 Sep 2011 at 07:02.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:38   #94
Zim

So it seems as if the PA team have a choice to make. Do they cater to their dwindling "hardcore" player base? Or do they opt for an expansion strategy? I think that newer players would be more willing to purchase the product (ie credits) if they perceieved that they had just as good of a chance at being successful as the person who has played a while. And I think the person who has played a while, will be more willing to help out the newer player in an effort to make everyone in the gal as good as possible. And in the end, the new player might say to a friend "hey this game Planetarion is pretty cool, come play." I doubt that the new player will be likely to say that if they are constantly exiled from one gal to the next...ending up in a gal with not even a GC cause they all self exiled themselves (my story this round). So a random round with players forced to stick together would be hard for some hardcore players, but I think it would be a good start at getting new blood into the game. But if like you say they tried this and it failed earlier, then it may be too late to save PA anyway.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 16:59   #95
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

But thats the thing, planetarion is not a newbie friendly game. Think about it, you need to know how to use IRC and to do well you need to get into an alliance. Top alliances don't take in newbies because firstly, they have no vouches and obviously because they're newbies. With alliance restrictions why would you put a totally new and unknown player into your alliance when you could replace them with someone much better?

In addition, for a new player, planetarion must be quite daunting. Not only do they have to choose a race but they also have to choose between all the options of engineers and what path to go down in the tech trees. Getting your head around it will take a while.

I think the PA team should be concentrating on making PA a bit more newbie friendly. I know there is a manual and that it does cover how to start up and has brief race guides, but more needs to be done.

I agree with you Zim when you say that new players dont want to be shunted around from galaxy to galaxy. xtothez has also pointed out how galaxies just exile players, ruthlessly.

At the end of the day, PA needs some way of inducting new players and helping them learn the ropes. Obviously its easier said than done.
________
Prilosec Settlement Update

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:05   #96
Zim

so what it will eventually boil down to is one single player...the best playing all by themselves. Which I guess like Highlander...in the end there can be only one...thats the spot everyone is fighting for.

That litle bit of attempted comedy aside. No new players = no game eventually
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 17:07   #97
TouRiQueT
-Narcissus.Narcosis-

Well, I don't want that to happen and I'm sure most other people don't either. For rounds and rounds people have been suggesting ways of introducing new players. The fact is that there is no easy way to do it.
________
5 PC GRINDER

Unread 16 Aug 2006, 18:52   #98
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillup
Bring back round 3.
Great idea and while we're at it, I'd like to see a bit how it was like in year 1700 AD, so please take that in mind when we go off in the time machine.
Unread 16 Aug 2006, 23:26   #99
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
What we need is the community to be more welcoming and patient and most importantly more responcable with their exile power.
Yeah, and cows fly, really !

Quote:
1) Galaxies get the same scoring system as alliances. So exiling someone simply because you might get someone bigger is less of an issue
Might even work a BIT

Quote:
2) Self Exile starst expensive and gets cheaper as opposed to Cheap and gets expensive so as to encourage people to try and make galaxies work
That wont work

Quote:
3) Upon self exiling some or all the exile costs goes to the galaxy fund so it can be used to try and bolster the galaxy that just lost a potentially good and useful player
Ehm, goto preferences. Andyou will see something like this:

Yes, I am 100% sure that I wish to leave this galaxy. I understand that it will cost me xxxx crystal, xxxxx metal and xxxxx eonium which will be donated directly to the galaxy fund of x:Y over which I will have no control.

P.S. I supplied some numbers in my earlier thread abou this. at the moment, the average exiles/tick is 3.44, NOT including the first 90 ticks, and NOT including exiles form c200 back to the active universe
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2006, 00:28   #100
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts

PAs community has started to get reduced eversince people tried to make money out of it. Its very sad that while the admins (who do a great job) work for nothing while joly makes money out of destroying the pa community and leaving all the abuse to go to the admins.
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote