User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 7 May 2017, 05:09   #1
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light
kill exile

Give everyone their chance of success

Now the small incabable wussies just jump around to find their best m8s. Instead of trying to build a working galaxy with unknowns.

Appocco takes an axe and cuts a piece of code away.

Thanks.
Unread 7 May 2017, 07:30   #2
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: kill exile

I think planets should be able to exile themselves. But a round with galaxies not being able to exile may be useful (or at least a lot longer wait before they can)
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 12:31   #3
sevenseas

sevenseas has a spectacular aura aboutsevenseas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I think planets should be able to exile themselves. But a round with galaxies not being able to exile may be useful (or at least a lot longer wait before they can)

This

Nobody knows if their gal is useless the first 250 ticks anyway.
Nobody have reasons to exile before this if they not trying to create supergals.

If your gal is not active after tick 250 then sure open up exiles, so people dont get stuck there but dont have exile option open before!

Round 61 BF Member - rank 34
Round 62 BF Officer - Running politics rank 19
Round 63 BF HC - Running politics rank 3
Round 64 BF HC - Running politics rank 23
Round 66 Bows Member - rank 29
Round 68 Ult Member - rank 27
Round 69 App Member - rank 19
Round 70 App HC - rank 2
Round 71 Ult Member - rank 40
Round 73 Ult Member - rank 51
Round 74 Ult Member - rank 57
Round 75 Ult Member - rank 5
sevenseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 12:57   #4
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Don't Force me to play with useless loosers please. I'm generally open to everyone that is Active, but if you don't want to play with us, then I should be able to get rid of you.

To many scanners, defplanets,... in the game
Unread 7 May 2017, 12:58   #5
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I would be interested in a change to shake things up. But dont mind too much what that is. If exile is not possible at all then a galaxy disband needs to be available for a reasonable chunk of gals - in the past this has meant gals getting pretty big by the end of the round.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 13:06   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by berten View Post
Don't Force me to play with useless loosers please. I'm generally open to everyone that is Active, but if you don't want to play with us, then I should be able to get rid of you.

As sevenseas was aiming at, to get rid of the "exile problems" it would be efficiently stopped if you just disabled exiling for the first parts of the round.
Most alliances goes core heavy now days, and people dont start playing before tick200+.
Its harder to make "private gals" if you cant do anything before after tick 250-350, for the planets that exiling in.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 13:28   #7
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I would like to see you play without scans
Up for this challence?

Anyone ever considered giving scanners some advantages to repay from loss of mining refineries etc usefull stuff? Should be quite obvious fix over 71 played rounds...
Unread 7 May 2017, 14:20   #8
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:

Aren't you Ult?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 19:24   #9
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:

+1 what you said, if you land in a useless galaxy, you cant exile lol fk that, especially for the 100/200 players who play actively, that would completely ruin there round.
Round 81 - Ultores - Rank 73rd.
Round 83 - Ultores - Rank 16th.
Round 91 - Lucky7 - Rank 50th.
Round 92 - Lucky7 - Rank 39th.
Adapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 May 2017, 19:35   #10
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

nothing worse than an inactive gal im against anything that impedes exiling
Unread 7 May 2017, 20:40   #11
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Adapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really niceAdapt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
nothing worse than an inactive gal im against anything that impedes exiling
Yeah very stupid suggestion and unrealistic.
Unread 7 May 2017, 20:54   #12
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Obviously the suggestion was made to make it harder to make "private gals", id guess?
Removing exiles from the early parts of the round would make "exile strats" less viable.
And there is very few inactive players in this game now days, but also very few indipendible players, most are used to their alliances sorting their attack/defence/strat, so organizing their own gal might be unkown to most.

Unread 7 May 2017, 22:50   #13
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
I would like to see you play without scans
Up for this challence?
Your point? I'm talking about players that don't bother showing up on irc, ignoring all messages etc. Often these are scanners, defplanets,...

My Point: relevant to the topic
Your point: not relevant, it's not even relevant to the actual post you quoted.
(I do think your point should be considered, everybody should be able to scan and actually complete, but let's put that in another topic)

Quote:
Aren't you Ult?
Yes I am. How is this relevant? Are you implying Ult is the only alliance that has dedicated defplanets? Would a galaxy that has an ult-defplanet ,that doesn't bother to show up on irc or communicatie in any way, not want to get rid of that planet?

If you all would comment on the actual topics instead of trolling around we might be able to get a meaningfull discussion going. Keep your trolling for AD
Unread 7 May 2017, 23:12   #14
Adapt
Leader Of The Gang

Ultores are superior, there the best alliance in the universe currently, anyone who denys it? check previous rounds! this exile shit will make a difference what it will do is make people leave the game, good shout Avenger, bit its a shit idea so best deleting this thread
Unread 8 May 2017, 07:26   #15
Ave

Quote:
Your point? I'm talking about players that don't bother showing up on irc, ignoring all messages etc. Often these are scanners, defplanets,...

My Point: relevant to the topic
Your point: not relevant, it's not even relevant to the actual post you quoted.
(I do think your point should be considered, everybody should be able to scan and actually complete, but let's put that in another topic)

Yes I am. How is this relevant? Are you implying Ult is the only alliance that has dedicated defplanets? Would a galaxy that has an ult-defplanet ,that doesn't bother to show up on irc or communicatie in any way, not want to get rid of that planet?

If you all would comment on the actual topics instead of trolling around we might be able to get a meaningfull discussion going. Keep your trolling for AD
Every alliance has their active scanners also and would be nice if they werent thrown in to one and same galaxy all of them So in your selfish opinion u can choose not to play with a scanner, but its fine if someone else is stuck to them? Not to mention how fcked up the scanner self would be if all bails on them.

Last edited by Ave; 8 May 2017 at 07:47.
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 07:34   #16
Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adapt View Post
Ultores are superior, there the best alliance in the universe currently, anyone who denys it? check previous rounds! this exile shit will make a difference what it will do is make people leave the game, good shout Avenger, bit its a shit idea so best deleting this thread
Why not allow private planets if they are to be formed anyways? Then it is atleast a fair game for all to sort them.

It is idiotic to sort a galaxy out and contact people just to hear them leave in next few ticks, because u arent some known head figure of biggest alliance?

I bet there are bunch of decent players out there that suffer every round of exiles from their galaxies even they would sort them out properly by the book. That decrease their chances for ranks relevantly and for that reason eorc is full of same people each and every round
Unread 8 May 2017, 10:42   #17
Dorf

Dorf has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
And there is very few inactive players in this game now days...
This is fake news. The last 5 rounds I always had inactive players in my gal. Every round at least 3. And no, these were not my bp buddies
Dorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 11:00   #18
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It is idiotic to sort a galaxy out and contact people just to hear them leave in next few ticks, because u arent some known head figure of biggest alliance?
Being a HC, or indeed having consistently ok personal ranks, does not seem to help me when trying to persuade people to stay in my gal. When exiling around myself I have also had gals tell me to go away simply based on low initial score as well.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 11:07   #19
berten
respect, unity, order

Quote:
Every alliance has their active scanners also and would be nice if they werent thrown in to one and same galaxy all of them So in your selfish opinion u can choose not to play with a scanner, but its fine if someone else is stuck to them? Not to mention how fcked up the scanner self would be if all bails on them.
This thread is not about scanners, its about galaxies.

Nobody should be forced to play with a planet that doesn't contribute to the galaxy. People that don't bother to show up on irc/whatsapp/... do not contribute. Often these are scanners, defplanets, ...

Playing with one of these planets in your galaxy means you won't be a contender for top galaxy.

Being able to perform as a galaxy already depends a lot on luck, don't make it even worse by getting rid of the exile system.

If anything: exiling should be made easier, A LOT easier. 48 hours is pathetic when you know after a few hours that you'll have to get rid of the planet.
Only being able to exile 2 out of a possible 4-5 useless planets is frustrating and can mean your round is over after tick 200. (galaxy wise)

I'm all the way on the other spectrum here: I'm sick of knowing at tick 150 that a part of my galaxy is crap and I won't be able to do anything about it for another 1000 ticks.
Unread 8 May 2017, 11:40   #20
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Nobody should be forced to play with a planet that doesn't contribute to the galaxy. People that don't bother to show up on irc/whatsapp/... do not contribute. Often these are scanners, defplanets, ...

Playing with one of these planets in your galaxy means you won't be a contender for top galaxy.

Being able to perform as a galaxy already depends a lot on luck, don't make it even worse by getting rid of the exile system.

If anything: exiling should be made easier, A LOT easier. 48 hours is pathetic when you know after a few hours that you'll have to get rid of the planet.
Only being able to exile 2 out of a possible 4-5 useless planets is frustrating and can mean your round is over after tick 200. (galaxy wise)

I'm all the way on the other spectrum here: I'm sick of knowing at tick 150 that a part of my galaxy is crap and I won't be able to do anything about it for another 1000 ticks.
This is spot on!

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 14:56   #21
NoXiouS
Mordar, Keel, Reip

NoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really niceNoXiouS is just really nice

make selfexiles cost even more (after 2-3 attempts), but get rid of the galaxy exile limitations.

All the war propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting. - George Orwell
NoXiouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 16:25   #22
Demort
Anarchy Shadow

Demort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really niceDemort is just really nice

I get all your points but I feel allowing exiles after 250 ticks is a good option simply because I mail gal start of round some players not naming names don't even respond till they have all cores and will then be active if gal seems strong they stay otherwise they exile anyway had it last round and by figure heads he wasn't meaning hcs booji more people like elviz joseph etc people who seem to be able to stop incomings on there gal as if you not noticed round after round same top gals it's not because there better it's because there better at avoiding inc's

EX

Legion, Fury, Xanadu, Wolfpack, NoS, TSU, LKSAB, Vgn, F-Crew, CT, Insomnia, Angels, VsN, Gross, Osiris, ROCK, XvX, Faceless, Unsullied, Haven, Carisan, RaGe, Carnage, Kittenz and EC

Currently

In ODDR Command
Demort is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2017, 16:34   #23
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demort View Post
I get all your points but I feel allowing exiles after 250 ticks is a good option simply because I mail gal start of round some players not naming names don't even respond till they have all cores and will then be active if gal seems strong.
A lot of those people trying to end in a specific gal actualy aims to get exiled as soon as possibole, and end in C200.

1. You get instantly moved into a gal once loggin in while in C200, and it removes the "3-tick exile window", so you are more certain that the gal you want to get in are in the correct exile pool when you get moved.

2. You save resources, and due to what i descriped in point 1, you get two chances to exile/land into the correct gal.

3. If you dont log in, and is put as unwanted you will auto-exile after 24 hours, and put into C200.

---

Obviously the goal should be to make changes that makes the "exile into a private gal" sh*t harder, and still give you the chance to remove players that dosnt reply after a long while after the round kicked off(when cores/research are halfy done).

Unread 8 May 2017, 18:55   #24
Ave

Quote:

Galaxies consist of all kinds of players also scanners as the alliances needs them. You wouldnt lose a thing at tick 150 if you didnt allow the forming of private planets. As no one would have these 8 past round top 10 players in the same gal. Other option is to just allow private planets. The current system sucks for anyone that tries to relay on the feature as it is built. People exploit it too much by beeing rabbits. Try to build something and not just relay on ready built success.
Unread 21 May 2017, 20:58   #25
Ijrn Bru

Ijrn Bru is an unknown quantity at this point

if the exile system was changed so that when you are exiled you were put into a new galaxy with players of the same average score as yourself, could prevent a lot of hopping about/getting booted about
Unread 22 May 2017, 23:57   #26
Link27

Link27 is an unknown quantity at this point

would be interesting with delayed exile
Link27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2017, 10:01   #27
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijrn Bru View Post
if the exile system was changed so that when you are exiled you were put into a new galaxy with players of the same average score as yourself, could prevent a lot of hopping about/getting booted about
that would easily form priv gals though - you and lots of others exile same tick, get a new galaxy, no brainer abuse
Unread 23 May 2017, 10:25   #28
Ave

Quote:

I bet there are bunch of decent players out there that suffer every round of exiles from their galaxies even they would sort them out properly by the book. That decrease their chances for ranks relevantly and for that reason eorc is full of same people each and every round

Fix it!!
Unread 23 May 2017, 14:11   #29
zapp

zapp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

so be happy if u dont land togehter with me useless loser in same gal
zapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2017, 18:17   #30
sevenseas

sevenseas has a spectacular aura aboutsevenseas has a spectacular aura about

just make remove exile first 300-400 ticks, people cant really tell if their gal sucks or not in the start so no legit exile reasons before.

Round 61 BF Member - rank 34
Round 62 BF Officer - Running politics rank 19
Round 63 BF HC - Running politics rank 3
Round 64 BF HC - Running politics rank 23
Round 66 Bows Member - rank 29
Round 68 Ult Member - rank 27
Round 69 App Member - rank 19
Round 70 App HC - rank 2
Round 71 Ult Member - rank 40
Round 73 Ult Member - rank 51
Round 74 Ult Member - rank 57
Round 75 Ult Member - rank 5
sevenseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2017, 19:42   #31
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this thread is not about scanners, its about galaxies.

nobody should be forced to play with a planet that doesn't contribute to the galaxy. People that don't bother to show up on irc/whatsapp/... Do not contribute. Often these are scanners, defplanets, ...

If anything: Exiling should be made easier, a lot easier. 48 hours is pathetic when you know after a few hours that you'll have to get rid of the planet.

i'm all the way on the other spectrum here: I'm sick of knowing at tick 150 that a part of my galaxy is crap and i won't be able to do anything about it for another 1000 ticks.
idst
Unread 26 May 2017, 14:02   #32
neps

neps is an unknown quantity at this point

exile is to expensive
neps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2017, 14:17   #33
Third
JNLCWSFF

Third will become famous soon enoughThird will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenseas View Post
just make remove exile first 300-400 ticks, people cant really tell if their gal sucks or not in the start so no legit exile reasons before.
I like the idea!
Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 May 2017, 14:47   #34
foxymaay

foxymaay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Why not allow private planets if they are to be formed anyways? Then it is atleast a fair game for all to sort them.

foxymaay is offline   Reply With Quote