User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 23 Apr 2009, 17:56   #451
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: R31 shipstats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
So many good def ships for fr/de.

oh, that being said fr/de is what I d pick as etd ofc.
Right.

Quote:
Also, not THAT easy to get through, and u can make some sexy steals.
You don't have a single ship that hits fr or de t1 and there's a lot of ships that fire first at you. I think the value of steals is lower as well due to decreased salvage.
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 18:38   #452
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think etd are pretty good, but no-one else seems to:
Eitraides 168(12%)

If I was playing properly I'd probably go etd CO/BS because no-one seems to think it's any good. But it is. :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:06   #453
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

shhh , no need to tell everyone the overpowered combo of the round :P
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:09   #454
cknight725
[ND] for Life

cknight725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I don't really see that myself. Unless you start building every ship and end up with one of those piece of shit fleets. It's either vulnerable to fi/co/bs if you go co/bs or vulnerable to fr/de if you go fr/de.
I partially disagree - hitting ETD FI/CO is a suicide mission cuz their FR/DE are so strong -- going FI/CO against them the Defenders EMP you down and Brokers either steal you or Lancers kill you.

Goin against them BS is perhaps a little better since they can only EMP you down early in the round, but anyone that goes ETD Democracy should be able to research fast enough to field Broadswords and out init you.

If you play ETD, you are destined to have one of those fleets that DC's HAAATE to parse into a bcalc ....
cknight725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:12   #455
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknight725 View Post
I partially disagree - hitting ETD FI/CO is a suicide mission cuz their FR/DE are so strong -- going FI/CO against them the Defenders EMP you down and Brokers either steal you or Lancers kill you.

Goin against them BS is perhaps a little better since they can only EMP you down early in the round, but anyone that goes ETD Democracy should be able to research fast enough to field Broadswords and out init you.

If you play ETD, you are destined to have one of those fleets that DC's HAAATE to parse into a bcalc ....
no. pure fr/de.
then fi/co as u steal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:15   #456
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

In other words, dont go etd fr\de guys!
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:19   #457
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknight725 View Post
How awesome, if you build all the etd anti-fi/co you can cover. Good thing nobody else will be attacking with. As I said the main weakness for the fr/de fleet is fr/de itself. If you're going to build lancers you'll be vulnerable to fi/co.

Quote:
Terran bs and zik cr have better inits than the broadsword. If you're actually going democracy though as a value planet you probably have bigger problems though.

Quote:
I'd rather have a fleet that people won't attack.
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:24   #458
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
How awesome, if you build all the etd anti-fi/co you can cover. Good thing nobody else will be attacking with. As I said the main weakness for the fr/de fleet is fr/de itself. If you're going to build lancers you'll be vulnerable to fi/co.

Terran bs and zik cr have better inits than the broadsword. If you're actually going democracy though as a value planet you probably have bigger problems though.

I'd rather have a fleet that people won't attack.
I thought lower init was better?
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:31   #459
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhhhhhh View Post
I thought lower init was better?
I'm not sure if you're some troll account but what?
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 19:51   #460
Shhhhhhh

Broadsword has init 6
Dragon init 7
So I didnt really understand your claim that terran BS has better init.
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 20:06   #461
JonnyBGood
Banned

Entirely missed that somehow. Point withdrawn.
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 20:59   #462
cknight725
[ND] for Life

cknight725 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Entirely missed that somehow. Point withdrawn.
But you weren't entirely wrong -- ZIK Rogue has better init -- Problem with Rogue is that it only deals 36 damage -- it takes 25% more Rogues to kill Broadies -- and Rogues cost just slightly less. I usually play ZIK and I can tell you from experience, Rogues are almost useless. Players that attack ZIK CR, go with Pirate/Marauder and hopefully BG with EMP to be successful. Of course we will have to see if that changes now with salvage down -- it might prove out to be an even worse than usual bad idea to attack with ZIK steal ships .. should be a fun round!
cknight725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 09:30   #463
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Guys, which race is least turd, as i cant figure that out myself, and need to chose a race

cat/zik arent an option
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 10:02   #464
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

uuhhh... TERRAN! build fr/de!

...really though i have no idea.
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 10:17   #465
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Which race is best suited for solo playing ?
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 10:42   #466
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaejii View Post
uuhhh... TERRAN! build fr/de!

...really though i have no idea.
Terran FR is Buildagooddefensefleet 101 :/

Its for nubs
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 10:52   #467
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
Which race is best suited for solo playing ?
You mean solo attacking or solo attacking with no chance of def?

Cat for pure attacking, if u know ull get defense

ETD for a good balance between attacking and self cover
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 13:08   #468
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Just noticed, but wouldn't it've been better to give Ter a Cr SK, instead of a De?
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 13:19   #469
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
Just noticed, but wouldn't it've been better to give Ter a Cr SK, instead of a De?
stats are final! bwuhahahahahah

i never use SK's but thought the fiendish laughter relevant...

does seem like a mistake left in during the numerous revisions.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 13:27   #470
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrikc View Post
I saw this as well and oh man does it make me hot.
Unread 24 Apr 2009, 13:53   #471
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

no doubt they'll make a mockery of the stats and force terrans to research siege hulls before permitting them to build de class SK's

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 07:11   #472
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

hmmph.. I'll just say this once.. Who the hell made those emps like that is crazy.

Anyways we'll see how it goes, but those stats are anything but balanced you need just 5mins to look at them to figure it out unless resource costs where changed enough much to compensate wich I really doubt.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 08:41   #473
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNieminen View Post
hmmph.. I'll just say this once.. Who the hell made those emps like that is crazy.

Anyways we'll see how it goes, but those stats are anything but balanced you need just 5mins to look at them to figure it out unless resource costs where changed enough much to compensate wich I really doubt.
Dude, you could have said something

I still haven't figured out who's overpowered :/

EDIT: out of interest, EMP power is slightly higher than in most other rounds, but it is lower than when I last made stats. When I last made stats, everyone though cath sucked.

EDIT2: From early sandmans results, it looks like not only have most people picked xand, but the most active people have picked xand too.

Last edited by Gate; 25 Apr 2009 at 11:16.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 08:58   #474
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt take it so seriously, LordN always (thinks he) knows best and is pretty much critical to everything done by someone else.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 09:32   #475
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Dude, you could have said something

I still haven't figured out who's overpowered :/
Noone :/

/me smells a jihad round.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 11:59   #476
isildurx

Atleast 1\3rd of the active players(non-scanners and non-complete inactives) are Xan id think.
A large part of this is thanks to salvage being stupidly low making zik f.ex far to hard to play.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 14:18   #477
JonnyBGood
Banned

44 xans in the top 100 right now. Especially considering this is when you'd expect to see more terrans/etds up there due to faster construction I have to say lol. The inevitable conclusion of producing a bland set of completely inoffensive stats where nobody can really do anything has been for everyone to just go xan because **** it it can't be that bad. Now even if the stats are balanced (and I think they are) it won't end up that way due to the massive number of xans. Not to blame it all on gate, pateam's nerfing of salvage sure ensured nobody competent wanted to go zik
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 14:27   #478
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
44 xans in the top 100 right now. Especially considering this is when you'd expect to see more terrans/etds up there due to faster construction I have to say lol. The inevitable conclusion of producing a bland set of completely inoffensive stats where nobody can really do anything has been for everyone to just go xan because **** it it can't be that bad. Now even if the stats are balanced (and I think they are) it won't end up that way due to the massive number of xans. Not to blame it all on gate, pateam's nerfing of salvage sure ensured nobody competent wanted to go zik
or maybe people are enjoying the weekend and will start playing monday

Unread 25 Apr 2009, 14:33   #479
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy View Post
or maybe people are enjoying the weekend and will start playing monday
Yeah man. All the non-xan players decided to take the weekend off. It's the largest statistical coincidence you'll see this year!
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 14:40   #480
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
Yeah man. All the non-xan players decided to take the weekend off. It's the largest statistical coincidence you'll see this year!
well when you put it like that....

Unread 25 Apr 2009, 15:22   #481
[JungleMuffin]

One word JBG used.... inoffensive, tbfh, it says it all.

Ive got an idea, lets all sit at home, and defend our 300 prot roids all round, cos i sure as **** cant see anyone landing attacks.

Anyone for r31.5 yet? Ill make some cool stats?
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 15:32   #482
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
One word JBG used.... inoffensive, tbfh, it says it all.

Ive got an idea, lets all sit at home, and defend our 300 prot roids all round, cos i sure as **** cant see anyone landing attacks.

Anyone for r31.5 yet? Ill make some cool stats?
maybe we'll see massive teamups from beginning onwards Lets grab those 5 roids per night folks! Or be smart and initiate up to 500 early and keep initting ahead of the rest :P (but dont complain when i come after ur roids ofc..after all i am not claiming its a flawless theory)

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 15:51   #483
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the stats are balanced and you think they are? then surely you're also saying Zik's are balanced? You cant have it both ways, the stats should of been balanced to take in account for goverments/race bonuses and salvage.. If they didnt, then it isnt balanced.

In your post in the space of two sentences you went from saying the stats are balanced to Ziks are severly underpowered so no-one wanted to play them.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 15:56   #484
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Ziks are severly underpowered so no-one wanted to play them.
Those two things aren't the same.

I get the impression that most people are incapable of reading stats. Almost every round I see retarded suggestions for fleetcomps being thrown around and followed by unfortunate players.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 15:59   #485
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I get the impression that most people are incapable of reading stats. Almost every round I see retarded suggestions for fleetcomps being thrown around and followed by unfortunate players.
So you're saying Asc (the main alliance who goes Zik) and JBG are retarded? as they couldnt find a suitable fleet comp to play Zik effectively?
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 16:53   #486
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:

The fact that theres an almost universal consensus on the stats, imo, says something. Is it that 3-400 decent players cant read the stats properly, or that what they read is questionable?

Nevertheless, regardless of what i/we think of the stats, i appreciate the time, effort, and patience you have put into this round, thankyou.

Edit: Imo youve had some pretty classy players look at these stats, people who can be regarded as having a clue. from what i can see, even the top notch players that are around, all tend to agree
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 17:28   #487
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

Quote:
So you're saying Asc (the main alliance who goes Zik) and JBG are retarded? as they couldnt find a suitable fleet comp to play Zik effectively?
that seems like a trick question...

Unread 25 Apr 2009, 17:46   #488
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I'm eager to know what race Light is.
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 18:05   #489
Benneh
Non directed and witty

Benneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet societyBenneh is a pillar of this Internet society

Female apparently..
Benneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Apr 2009, 23:33   #490
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
The fact that theres an almost universal consensus on the stats, imo, says something. Is it that 3-400 decent players cant read the stats properly, or that what they read is questionable?
How many of the people going "X sucks!!" actually took time to read the stats and come to a proper conclusion rather than just doing/saying what they've been told?

The reason I don't think zik will be great is because the round isn't long enough for them to become effective. Last round the big ziks managed to steal enough fi/co to have fearsome fi/co fleets in the last 3 weeks or so, they're not going to get to that point this round unless they're insanely lucky (Hude)
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 03:21   #491
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
How many of the people going "X sucks!!" actually took time to read the stats and come to a proper conclusion rather than just doing/saying what they've been told?
Id think a vast majority. Though there has been the occasional blind freddy.
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 08:42   #492
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx View Post
I wouldnt take it so seriously, LordN always (thinks he) knows best and is pretty much critical to everything done by someone else.
Pretty much especially when they mess it up most of the time with their fancy theories and then loose to practical thinkers who can play whatever, Would not mind playing in pure xan buddypack this round but that emp killer fi...

who's brainchild was that, As you can hide it behind flak if you go for pure fi + some emp de's if u want to abuse it to max. initiave or it's dmg means pretty much nothing as it's hiding behind EMP fire screen and is same class as everything else.. so it will always shoot after the emp has thrown it's emp shots out. And this with fi fleet when only defence out of gal can be fi/co.. and that killer fi shoots at fi/co..

I don't need to be rocket scientist to know how it will end. Emp fi/co rocked damn hard last round.. and if you got even a small xan planet to give you killing power like pulsars to fend of fr/de it was pretty much unstoppable against out of gal defence unless target got like 15 def fleets, or pre-launched fr/de defence because he was "smart" enough to prelaunch in pure single class wave.

Then those emp DE's.. who can shoot as normal to BS/CR and with emp support from blackwidows.. Not to mention rest of emp de's. I can just stare at it and wonder since when have we given that decent kill ships to an emp race what can hide behind the rest of de's.. and top of that flak the xan bombers or whatever comes to defend them.. Pretty much I'm sure there will be plenty of anti-cr/bs cathaars again with strong fi/co fleets.. but this time their going to kill aswell instead of just trying to swarm to defence in enough high numbers to freeze everything so they'll cover other emps more easily.

Only way to balance that would be to change prices, and I'm more into practical matters so I didn't check the prices of ships if they where changed to address the combination power of certain ship classes.

It seems the stats are more about giving everyone ridiculously strong fleets, and anyone with some real pa experience is going to rock if they just understand how to focus their kill power..and organise ingal def.

Anyways did a planet from start this round, We'll see how long I can play it efficiently due to my work. Might actually have to join some alliance this round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 08:53   #493
isildurx

The prices of the ships are pretty weird so Gate might have done that
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 09:10   #494
Gate
;D!

LordN: EMP tends to suck if caths don't have a way to at least kill something. As a rule of thumb, being able to kill 2 classes pretty well is a good thing, so they 'only' have to deal with EMPing 4.

Caths who build DE will be really tough to hit with CR/BS and those who build FI will be really tough to hit with FI/CO. That's intentional.

However, your idea of a cath who's able to have an awesome stun/kill anti CR/BS fleet and a great FI fleet isn't going to be that common. The planet will have to split their resources across 5 ships (Beetle, recluse, locust, black widow, scorpion) which is pretty thin by anyone's standards. Especially when your only anti DE is the recluse so you need a load of that, and the beetle is really important so you need a load of that and you're still vulnerable to FR/DE because you only stun it.

EDIT: on ship prices. I expected the usual thing to be done, where the resource ratios are automatically done by the game. Apparently they haven't been (although I can't see it hurting if appoco was to press the button now). That said, the 3 resources are archaic and should be done away with anyway, so I don't really care :/
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 09:23   #495
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
LordN: EMP tends to suck if caths don't have a way to at least kill something. As a rule of thumb, being able to kill 2 classes pretty well is a good thing, so they 'only' have to deal with EMPing 4.

Caths who build DE will be really tough to hit with CR/BS and those who build FI will be really tough to hit with FI/CO. That's intentional.

However, your idea of a cath who's able to have an awesome stun/kill anti CR/BS fleet and a great FI fleet isn't going to be that common. The planet will have to split their resources across 5 ships (Beetle, recluse, locust, black widow, scorpion) which is pretty thin by anyone's standards. Especially when your only anti DE is the recluse so you need a load of that, and the beetle is really important so you need a load of that and you're still vulnerable to FR/DE because you only stun it.

EDIT: on ship prices. I expected the usual thing to be done, where the resource ratios are automatically done by the game. Apparently they haven't been (although I can't see it hurting if appoco was to press the button now). That said, the 3 resources are archaic and should be done away with anyway, so I don't really care :/
I'm talking about practical not theory, No1 cares about how much value you got in your anti-cr/bs fleet as a cathaar so long as it's something above your alliance limit(if u got required value thingy). If your alliance/BG is smart they got loads of cathaars.. you just add those up and you get your defence numbers everytime, and now that they even kill.. it's going to be easier to cover incomings. It's all about availability, as emp mostly will go for strong fi/co, and their def fleets for ally use will be those de's. You could also go for full de fleet.. and then you could def with partion of your DE's while keeping rest of de's attacking.

About DE/FI ship types.. their all inside the same class.. they flak eachother, you don't need much killpower just some.. in short rounds, you don't risk landings where you loose too much value as you can't gain it back.

the fact is most will play fi/co offencive.. that means something like 70% of your fleet value in fi/co fleet.. insane attack power, doesn't matter what shiptypes inside fi class is going to be in that swarm, you can't really get it wrong unless it's complete newb doing it. Thou I would prolly play that de, depends completely.. with whom I would team up.

Practicality always beats theory hands down.

Thou would kill to see a cathaar de attacking with xan fr with xan anti-fr/de fi's one tick later to escort it in.. that would be funny to see.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 14:43   #496
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Practicality always beats theory hands down.
How many rounds have you played with these stats?

Good theory is supported by practice - without theory you will never be able to predict anything and we may as well just wallow in our own feces.

Cath killships being in-class is intentional. I intended for them to be able to effectively immunise themselves vs 2 classes because pure EMP is a broken dynamic.

If you're cath FI with 70% of your resources in FI/CO then your locust are wonderfully well flakked, but with only 30% of your resources in DE your scorpions aren't. You're not gonna be immune to CR/BS, but I accept that an alliance of pure cath FI/CO/DE will not get much FI/CO inc and will be able to defend CR/BS fleets. But it will be utterly ruined the moment someone so much as sneezes a good FR/DE attack their way.

Plus, it's still EMP heavy. Ascendancy won last round by swift value destruction. Can't do that with EMP.
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 00:23   #497
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
In your post in the space of two sentences you went from saying the stats are balanced to Ziks are severly underpowered so no-one wanted to play them.
No I didn't. I said people thought zik sucked! Pedantism aside I meant that the stats would have been balanced with the salvage of last round. So yeah sure whichever way you want to say it.
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 15:13   #498
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
How many rounds have you played with these stats?

Good theory is supported by practice - without theory you will never be able to predict anything and we may as well just wallow in our own feces.

Cath killships being in-class is intentional. I intended for them to be able to effectively immunise themselves vs 2 classes because pure EMP is a broken dynamic.

If you're cath FI with 70% of your resources in FI/CO then your locust are wonderfully well flakked, but with only 30% of your resources in DE your scorpions aren't. You're not gonna be immune to CR/BS, but I accept that an alliance of pure cath FI/CO/DE will not get much FI/CO inc and will be able to defend CR/BS fleets. But it will be utterly ruined the moment someone so much as sneezes a good FR/DE attack their way.

Plus, it's still EMP heavy. Ascendancy won last round by swift value destruction. Can't do that with EMP.

Good fr/de... you have your insane emp fi flak.. add to the mix for example xan's defencive fleet vs fr inc if he's playing fr.. then you get those xan fi's hiding behind wall of emp and you end up in situation, who has the biggest balls aka is willing to sacrifice he's rank to protect or to get those roids. Even one fake fleet could screw up the attackers or two of them.. Would you dare to land, I would not unless other scans show me that it's definately a fake def as defenders get way more salvage and have stationary emp support.

I don't see your point gate, I only know when something is borked, and yes you can value kill.. just slam xan's or prelaunched def and people who are too hmm inexperienced checking scans and don't see + pillagers where insanely good last round if you had them ingal you where immune to fi/co emp mainly. The game's biggest mistake is the fact no military scans.. full buddypack of xan's.. I would never attack gal with 5 good top200 xan's as someone will crash always.

Ascendancy winning.. tbh if even some HC's would actually know how to play the game they could have won ascendancy so easily last round but as usual they weren't up to the task of playing agressive and keeping their side coordinated, this round they don't have the slightest chance in hell. It's been like this since pax, HC's are more community players so they keep their members than hardcore military thinkers who can actually win something.

Anyone who thinks attacking top planets in war with pstrikes for more than 1 day.. isn't a military HC.. and everyone was doing that last round, So don't drag alliances achievements as proof of stats working.. it just prooves they aren't up to any task relating to military HC:ing. You either have the quality what makes you military HC or you don't.. and 99% of pa has no idea of large scale warfare, they think it's about hitting certain gals and focusing on x planets there.. I mean 2-3waves on everything in top gal and 5 waves on big planets.. is just waste of time and effort, if you can that way only hit one galaxy what happens to be in top10 in value... Then you get raped by other alliances or out roided by other alliances anyways..

And the thing in PA is, you have one-hole in your defence, 1-2 of your gal mates can cover 2 of your waves easily, 3rd/4th whatever will be covered by alliance. You never go for full protection, as there's no such thing just play on the weakness and let others think they'r so smart in spotting it and hitting you there.. then your gal mate sends 1/4 of he's fleet and 5-6 attackers have to recall because they where stupid not to take a look at the galaxy fleet strenght.

With fi/co cath your immune completely to 2 ship classes.. with DE your immune to everything as it's so easy to cover you.. Anyways ranks will show, thou I reserve the opinion of xan's winning this round if they made their bpacks right.. gimme 4-5 xan's in same buddypack who know how to play and they'r galaxy will be in top10 minimium and their own ranks in top50.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
Unread 27 Apr 2009, 19:13   #499
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

since elviz went cath, cath player will win

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Apr 2009, 14:38   #500
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
since elviz went cath, cath player will win
if you do planet nap's.. avoid the big fights... and raid small planets sure.. I would add to the cake fan boy escorts.

Anyways it depends how you play, anyone who has enough experience in pa can win, they just have to change their playing style to get that win and be their galaxy's DC and alliances DC. It's all about how you do it.

Race wise, let's see how it goes.. but I don't think about zik's much until they start to thief ships..

Etd.. you gotta be kidding me.

xan/ter/cathaar.. would play any of these. But terran is too visible in my opinion.. damn hard to fake when all your numbers are visible.. emp/xan.. those 2.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]