User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:01   #1
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Political status in our 'solo' random round

Not to overanalyze the situation or anything but to me it looks like most alliances are avoiding pissing eachother off thus far. Seems to be a few small specific targetings here and there but nothing on a large scale. To me it looks more like personal vendettas being fulfilled and whatnot.

Is this the alliances treading gingerly because of a lack of comfort in the number of allies they used to have (and as a result keeping their political options open *gasp*) or is everyone just taking it easy because it's 9.5?
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:13   #2
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
if taking roids off focht in the first week is treading gingerly then im DYING to see what ldk do next
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:18   #3
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
if taking roids off focht in the first week is treading gingerly then im DYING to see what ldk do next
taking roids of me ? doubt it
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:20   #4
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
Me too, I swear us at IPC got there first
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:20   #5
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
If an alliance starts grabbing power atm, its going to scare other alliances into moving agianst it. And there is still roids to be had just hitting parras in raids. The alliances that are starting to move up and take leads etc will eventually force a war for ranking, but that is still not upon us.

I guess the answer is yes it has alot to do with it being solo, but not because people are nervous without allies. Just that the ramification of making moves at a time when lots of alliances are sitting around waiting for something to happen might be pretty harsh.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:21   #6
Guard
Elysium Battle Commando

Guard is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
that´s probably caus your in vacation mode
Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 21:51   #7
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Guard
that´s probably caus your in vacation mode
Thats probably because you had the wrong planet down

*cough* crap intel *cough*
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 21:53   #8
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thats probably because you had the wrong planet down

*cough* crap intel *cough*
so you're not my GC?

who have I been sucking up to then?

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...

Last edited by Kjeldoran; 17 Jun 2003 at 23:56.
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:34   #9
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Thus far, this has been the most politically dull round I can remember.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:37   #10
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
no beer and no TV makes rob's brains go DULL!!!

(j/k)

but yes, it has been the most dull and let me say BORING round so far (personally atleast)

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:44   #11
MikeHunt

Quote:
in other words, a good round for the people who play the game,and a sucky round for those who (for the most part) suck at playing the game,and prefer to use their mouth as a compansation for their lack of brawns
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:48   #12
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeHunt
in other words, a good round for the people who play the game,and a sucky round for those who (for the most part) suck at playing the game,and prefer to use their mouth as a compansation for their lack of brawns
Not really. I have my highest score and roid rank ever this round, I just find the political side to be far more boring than usual.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:54   #13
MikeHunt

you were pritty good in TheFederation r3
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:58   #14
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Brawn?
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:59   #15
Dingo
God

Dingo has a spectacular aura aboutDingo has a spectacular aura about
From a 'NoS' point of view, it's a good round. Members are happy. Members are having fun. No allies to worry about. YAY!

From a 'Dingo' point of view. I'm happy. I'm having fun. No allies to worry about. YAY!

I don't see the problem of no blocks (altho rumour has at least 2 starting to form already) shame to see some people never learn.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:12   #16
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
From a 'NoS' point of view, it's a good round. Members are happy. Members are having fun. No allies to worry about. YAY!

From a 'Dingo' point of view. I'm happy. I'm having fun. No allies to worry about. YAY!

I don't see the problem of no blocks (altho rumour has at least 2 starting to form already) shame to see some people never learn.
where's the fun in PA if you don't have to worry about your alliance or where you have no worries at all? Isn't that what forces us to keep playing this game while most claim they hate it etc?

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:13   #17
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
The politics is a large part of the game.

Also, tell me why alliances would specifically choose people who are bad at the game (although it's not really very hard at all; eg. build harpies/chimera/pegasi/demeters/wyvern, put your fleet into the bcalc and see what comes out, be in an alliance to get help. Repeat until number 1.)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:19   #18
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
no beer and no TV makes rob's brains go DULL!!!

(j/k)

but yes, it has been the most dull and let me say BORING round so far (personally atleast)

rgds Kj
well, i must admit personally i find this round rather entertaining.
its the first round in a long time, where you can attack a galaxy and be reasonably sure you will get through on some planets without having to launch 13 waves.

yes, politically there isnt much intrigue, but thats a refreshing chance compared to the last rounds...
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:33   #19
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
solo my arse
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:34   #20
K-W
Bored

Quote:

You know wahts a shame, that the long time leader of an alliance doesnt realize there is middle ground between blocking and completely solo.

I dunno, for me roiding random people everynight isnt that much fun. This isnt a very exciting game.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:35   #21
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
its the first round in a long time, where you can attack a galaxy and be reasonably sure you will get through on some planets without having to launch 13 waves.

yes, politically there isnt much intrigue, but thats a refreshing chance compared to the last rounds...
That would be do to the randomness, not the solo alliances.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:35   #22
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
solo my arse
Indeed, our poor solo arses.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:01   #23
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as "boring politics" goes..
Why not make a move? You have all the options in the world, do you not? If you find the round politically boring isn't that your own fault for not making something happen for your own alliance?
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:34   #24
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i got told by my HC that we wouldn't go fleettracing big planets goes then everyone would come after us, i also got told that if we did it we could take every alliance on a one on one.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:00   #25
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
To be honest I don't care whether the politics is boring or not, I'm enjoying this round the most since r5, far more than r8 as well.

There's just one flaw though, two even, the gals I hit have a diproportionate amount of xans and the scan formula is utter ****e.

Otherwise it's the most enjoyable round in a long time.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 02:09   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What's wrong with the scan formula exactly?

ps.

There will be large numbers of xan players; most of the terrans will probably be new signups.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 03:06   #27
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's wrong with the scan formula exactly?

ps.

There will be large numbers of xan players; most of the terrans will probably be new signups.
good job I have a FK load of thieves then.....

(xan really do suck at killing them)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 04:50   #28
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
i got told by my HC that we wouldn't go fleettracing big planets goes then everyone would come after us

Coward HC
I know of at least one person that wasn't happy about being fleet caught today
Quote:
i also got told that if we did it we could take every alliance on a one on one.
Now THAT'S comedy!
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 04:51   #29
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
As far as "boring politics" goes..
Why not make a move? You have all the options in the world, do you not? If you find the round politically boring isn't that your own fault for not making something happen for your own alliance?
No, because the public opinion pendulum has swung too far in the other direction now, and any alliance that dares to not go solo will run a very high risk of getting stomped for blocking.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 05:54   #30
ComradeRob
wasted

Fleet-catching when the top planet is less than 10mil? What exactly is the point? :\
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:38   #31
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher

for me it was boring because I had exams and wasn't able to fully play it so I kinda lost interest into this round even before it started.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:40   #32
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W

I dunno, for me roiding random people everynight isnt that much fun. This isnt a very exciting game.
exactly, it's way more fun to have a "target", to set a goal. This doesn't mean blocking etc. Killing randoms doesn't give the pleasure that you get by killing your enemy alliance or a high ranked member of them.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:43   #33
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Kjeldoran
exactly, it's way more fun to have a "target", to set a goal. This doesn't mean blocking etc. Killing randoms doesn't give the pleasure that you get by killing your enemy alliance or a high ranked member of them.

rgds Kj
Indeed but so far it is not yet really that rewarding to spend your alliance resources to fleetcatch someone, better wait till the gaps have grown a bit and the escortplanets have died.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 07:46   #34
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Not having any enemies per say, I find it refreshing to just "play" Planetarion again. It's quite relaxing.

It's also nice and quiet around these parts, which is a welcome relief from the usual powerblock/stagnation/babyeating whinge threads.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 08:04   #35
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Not having any enemies per say, I find it refreshing to just "play" Planetarion again. It's quite relaxing.

It's also nice and quiet around these parts, which is a welcome relief from the usual powerblock/stagnation/babyeating whinge threads.

and just think, even if you do get enemies you can just swap sides mid round! YOU CANT LOSE!£!£
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 09:13   #36
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
and just think, even if you do get enemies you can just swap sides mid round! YOU CANT LOSE!£!£

I don't swap sides mid round.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:02   #37
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Fleet-catching when the top planet is less than 10mil? What exactly is the point? :\
The round is much shorter, in comparison to other rounds. We're about half way through this round already, according to Spinner's original prediction.

Quote:
You don't? That's funny, I seem to remember you doing that exact thing last round.

Defector.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:08   #38
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:

yes, a welcome relief for a "short period", hence why this is the inbetween round. Would you continue playing PA if it stays like this? As in, no wars, no enemies, no goals, no nothing, just random attacking ...

I know I wouldn't

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:41   #39
Dreadnought

Quote:
Such as the NoS/ND one?
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:49   #40
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
You know wahts a shame, that the long time leader of an alliance doesnt realize there is middle ground between blocking and completely solo.
Its a shame that some people still cant see the treadwheel allying creates. Eventhough I'd also like to see allying, naping and alliancewars, I think r9.5 is just fine as it is. r10 is anyhow totally different and hopefully theres no need to live in the fear of blocks.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:56   #41
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Cicada
solo my arse
Now theres an offer....
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 10:58   #42
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:
your right you usually wait til your alliance is really in this sh*t, maybe around 3/4 of the way thro the round before you ditch them
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 11:15   #43
hydridia
Stan-hyd

hydridia is an unknown quantity at this point
loving it

having a great round lots of fun... so many targets to pick from its great...

not sure about the politics side but we are doing fine
[MACE-EVE]
[m0o]
[ATUK]

Fochts Badger
Dread's Overlord
hydridia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 11:27   #44
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Taking out enemy planets rather than overkill a small non alliance-rated planet like some ppl in the big alliance does ??

besides, its fun
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 12:00   #45
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
i got told by my HC that we wouldn't go fleettracing big planets goes then everyone would come after us, i also got told that if we did it we could take every alliance on a one on one.
Kick your HCs or leave your alliance, possibly to join another alliance. If it's too boring, do something about it. Don't whine about it on the boards (unless you are inviting people to declar war on your alliance).

I remember how round 8 got boring and we decided to declare war on another alliance, just for fun. Just when we had our first attack planned and got all excited, they pulled the plug. :-(
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 13:21   #46
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

Quote:

how long are u expecting this round to last then? We dont have the luxury of a 3 month round so things have to be done alot sooner than usual
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 13:22   #47
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by skipper
Its a shame that some people still cant see the treadwheel allying creates. Eventhough I'd also like to see allying, naping and alliancewars, I think r9.5 is just fine as it is. r10 is anyhow totally different and hopefully theres no need to live in the fear of blocks.
if this round continues on and finishes as just an exercise in roiding inactive players, anyone who calls it a success should be smacked. This is a war game and thsi is a diplomacy game. THey are important, fun and integeral parts of this game.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 13:45   #48
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
random rounds take somewhat more skill then private.. meaning it's better anyways... and now finally alliances are going solo... (or pretend too and too obvious about napping) so it's good
just now it shows that alliances aint as good as they pretend they are (even tho official comment is "it's only round 9.5, we aint playing seriously" ) funny..
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 13:53   #49
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
random rounds take somewhat more skill then private.. meaning it's better anyways... and now finally alliances are going solo... (or pretend too and too obvious about napping) so it's good
just now it shows that alliances aint as good as they pretend they are (even tho official comment is "it's only round 9.5, we aint playing seriously" ) funny..
What on earth are you babbling about?

They dont take more skill. Nor is going solo good per se. ITs a good way to start a round, not to finish it. And it doesnt show that any alliance aint as good as they pretend they are. You seem to think that random rounds have some kind of magical powers.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 14:01   #50
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
What on earth are you babbling about?

They dont take more skill. Nor is going solo good per se. ITs a good way to start a round, not to finish it. And it doesnt show that any alliance aint as good as they pretend they are. You seem to think that random rounds have some kind of magical powers.
If you think I'm wrong, you probably misread
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote