View Single Post
Unread 15 Nov 2005, 00:28   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: A warn to emule/edonkey users (RIAA 4fun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madina
I was under the impression that newsgroups are a good source for "warez" as firms like the RIAA cannot find your IP (easily?). Also that you cant get in trouble as your not sharing anything.
Yes. But the point is that the files are hosted by your ISP*. One court judgement against them and the binary groups will be gone from 90% of ISPs within a day. Bittorrent and other P2P solutions are a lot more decentralised and a lot less vulnerable to such legal changes.

The point is that they're an excellent source now, but I can't see them lasting. At the moment Usenet has about 1.4 terabytes of unique binary content per day. I can't see that escaping the notice of the **AA forever.

* = This also raises the issue that the ISPs / news servers must have records of who has downloaded what, although I'm not sure what level of privacy that enjoys legally.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote