View Single Post
Unread 22 Jul 2008, 18:06   #9
Aedolaws

Aedolaws is on a distinguished road
Re: Alliance Flags, (New) Battlegroups, and in-game politics system

Alright, no problem.

It is true than in other sports players in different categories may play with anyone, i.e. grandmasters with pre-schoolers, major leaguers with middle-schoolers, heavy-champions with fly-weights, judo masters with fat guys... or likewise teamsports are also played versus one player, i.e. voleyball, basketball, etc... Yes, they may, BUT THEY DON'T!

You know, it might be true, as you hold, as the game it is right now, to have 20% of the players forcing the other 80% to quit prematurely... and after a couple of rounds, quit for good. Is all a competition right?

But you know, for all I care, you are all correct, thats why I guess every year the community looses members... the game is too fair currently, right? Chances for a noob to have fun are 101%! right? Chances to win are 50/50 for a rookie or a vet with no intention of wasting 200 hours in alliance per round? right?

===========================================

Now, in a more personal note, since some of you can't resist always taking a punch at me.

- Myz, is not about giving PA control over politics. How did you come to that conclusion? U r retarded! Go and stare at the IRC screen more pls, maybe that way you kill the rest of your brain cells.

- Mist. I am not talking about PAX tags, I am talking about flags. NOt every player is a no lifers consumed with alliance politics and up every night and with a zeal for the utmost crappy politics dynamics I have ever experienced (for years). Anyways, this was just an aesthetic thing. No big deal.

- Wishmaster makes more sense. But I disagree in that there is no need to change "any(thing)." We need more players, for years now. My idea is to retain more players by making a fairer game, a more balanced way of playing several competitions within the universe, yet giving people the opportunity to choose what they want to play. I have come to dislike (but I still love it) PA because only the top 20 of the top 20 alliances have any decent fun (that is about 400 people), at least for the 1/2 half of the game... then everybody just gives up! except a few no lifers and top 100. Then 4 or 5 weeks of utter BS for 60% of the players, until the next round (no wonder why so many n00bs simply forget to sign up whenever the round restarts.)

- Han, stfu

- Sayonara, with all due respect, thanks for the cliches but they were of no help. I have been in top 5 alliances many rounds and have been among their top XP players a couple of times. Probably I have been around longer than you (although with many names). And believe it or not, some of my ideas have indeed been helpful at least to implement new shit (i.e. cov op). Now, I am not a techie nerd, so I have never been able to try to help in this field. So, all I have done with my ideas is to analogize to other games I have encountered, from basic chess (and I am a Master) to risk in conquer.club, to civ we have all played, to Total War, etc, etc, etc. Some of you are quick to jump and put down suggestions for X # of reasons ranging from legitimate ones to stupid/short minded ones... yet you have done no better yourselves. Want prove? The game went into comma years ago, has been sold a few times, and no one, no one, not ONE OF YOU, have been able to bring it back.

Last edited by Aedolaws; 22 Jul 2008 at 22:38.
Aedolaws is offline   Reply With Quote