View Single Post
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 21:02   #75
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I don't wish to sound mean but maybe he's the best manager you can get. I know you have a big history and all that but the reality is you are still in League 1* and (from the little I know) you don't really have much cash. So if you were to get into the Premiership and stay there for a couple of seasons you could get a very good manager, compared to if another club did that. But whilst you are where you are there's only so much you can expect
Bollocks - there are better managers in League 1 - look at S****horpe, Yeovil, Blackpool, Oldham's managers for a start. (yeh I know 2 of them got promoted but still)

We've got more money than all the teams in league 1. We get more supporters than at least 6 premiership teams - and that's at home to shite opposition, watching shite football, paying high prices and still not winning.

Megson was the highest paid manager in the championship when he came iirc and then we got relegated.

Calderwood is/was a gamble - young manager learning his trade.
I seriously can't see any tactics when we play, we've won a lot of our games this season by simply having better players on the pitch than the opposition rather than playing better, having a better system or targetting any kind of weakness.

Going back to 2002/03 - we played really well up until about christmas time when Paul Hart's lack of experience started to show - we had brilliant players, played attractive football but had no strength in depth and no backup plan when the diamond formation was found out.
The next season we struggled with injuries and confidence and the manager had no idea what to do.
So much so that when Kinnear came in all he did to transform the team was loan in Alan "pie boy" Rogers and Andy "no neck" Impey and we shot up the league.

Anyway... The play-offs was my last straw with Calderwood as far as his competence goes. He attracts some decent players though and has released a lot of the dross that has been turning out for us over the last few seasons.
However - our squad is threadbare now and we need plenty more players before the season starts.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote