View Single Post
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 10:39   #55
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wouldnt say that being 'big' has much to do with what youve won - I'd say its more to do with history, the size of your fanbase, and (most importantly) how much you matter on a global scale. Villa arent a big club because noone outside England is likely to support or care about them, and even within England you arent likely to find many fans outside Birmingham. The big clubs in the UK are probably Man United, Liverpool, Celtic and then maybe Arsenal somewhere behind since theyre the only ones that have had any sustained relevance to people outside Britain and their respective cities.
I don't know about that.

In my travels abroad, every market place sold an Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd and Celtic shirts. Rarely you'd see a Spurs or an Everton or a Rangers shirt although nowadays, there are loads of Chelsea shirts because of the players they've got in the squad.

All the four clubs mentioned above fit into the description you've given above of what's a big club. They've all got history, their fanbase size is huge and they matter on a global scale. Above all, they've had the most success in their respective leagues.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote