Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 1 Mar 2006, 00:27   #290
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Angels/NewDawn

Rob - You seem to think that hitting 1up is a strategy and that there is only one strategy involved in it which is simply hitting 1up. Maybe it'd be better explained if I used tactics rather than strategy. I am saying the WAY ND are hitting not who they are hitting. I thought I'd made that bloody obvious.

Quote:
The thread of MAD is clearly a bluff, because 1up have no interest in self-destruction.
Errr, you miss the point of MAD. It is not to say "if you attack us, we'll both be destroyed", it's to say "IF WE'RE DESTROYED we're taking you with us." Hence it is blatently not a bluff as it is a tactic in response to your own iminent destruction. It doesn't apply to a situation where destruction is a possibility, only when it becomes a certainty/extremely likely. It's the final straw in a lost battle, it is purely there so that you can ensure if you lose, there are no winners. With MAD there are no winners, it is not a tactic that is used if you're wanting to win.

Quote:
I think this is just semantics. I don't think there's much difference between 'ignoring' and 'tolerating' pain, whether it's physical pain or roid losses.
There is a big difference between ignoring bad results because they aren't what you want and tolerating them because those bad results are the best way to achieve you want. One situation shows stubborness or an inability to adapt, the other shows the ability to exhaust all options and arrive at the one that ensures the least sacrifice for the highest gain and accept the sacrifice. I can tell you with 100% certainty that ND have not exhausted all options. As such, I can tell you for certain that ignoring the results is bloody stupid.