Thread: Round 49 Stats
View Single Post
Unread 16 Nov 2012, 19:27   #233
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Round 49 Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
Defending is too easy, mainly because there are too many no-loss def ships and many emp issues. Cath has 2 ships targeting EVERY CLASS. Try and compare Guardian and Roach efficiency, it's beyond a joke how much better Roaches are. Cath is about 20% better than they should be across the board and I can only imagine how easy it is to cover things with a little emp support.

Every single race has a CO that shoots fi except xan themselves so xans are pigeon hold'ed into mass spamming Phants. DE's are beyond a joke and fakes are too easy to cover for by anyone with a brain. Ter BS hit like a wet noodle and you can even cover pure Wyvern attack fleets with ghosts, which are by far the worst anti BS ship of the round. CR fleets appeared too strong at the start, but the universe has now adapted by building more anti CR than in usual rounds. In short, no-one is roiding consistently, irregardless of attacking noobs, clever fakes or other tricks.

All this has pretty much lead to a game where no-one gets roided, everyone is initiating even during war. Look at the XP page. #1 is a small xan that roids other xans and the rest are barely above 20k. We had a number of planets on 10k AFTER THE FIRST NIGHT! Most days I check Top Planet XP Gainers on KIA, the #1 guy is below 2k. Of the current top3, two of them capped over 50% of their XP on the first night and the 3rd is a guy that started the round as a cov-opper. XP is just impossible to play this round.

It was said already with Kaiba's stats that people would require team ups to roid anything. With the "fixes" from Appoc et al. now you even have to team up to roid noobs. It's not just stupid, it's borderline killing the round because what the **** fun is a war where no-one can roid anyone?

Eventually yeah, enough alliances will team up for a night or two and actually roid some app or fang or ult, but right now it's a total snooze fest. The other day we actually had all the top13 alliances GAIN roids...

Can we PLEASE get started on a new set already so it's not down to a sleep-deprived admin to make last min adjustments at 3am the day before the round starts.... And put the stats on the beta, announce it, reset it once a week. Bored people will play it and there will at least be some kind of testing before it goes live.

Appocomaster upped Cat's emp eff by roughly 20% across the board with his ruining of my stats.

This annoys me because now its looking like i actually had the emp effs spot on before he stepped in.

Yes my stats required teamups and yes DE was wanky from the start but those are not solely things that kill the round.

When MY stats were handed in 90% of people in the beta channel and on here were happy with the targetting and emp effs so i truly dont understand why Appocomaster tampered with them at all.

Very fustrating because i end up getting my name labelled to this set when infact they are vastly different from how they were handed in.

I beleive my set had more gaps for roiding and that my sets lower emp eff removed some of Cath's now OP targetting. In hindsight i would have changed Xan a bit to make it more playable but i still beleive Xan is the most fine line race between being crap and OP.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote