View Single Post
Unread 18 May 2009, 21:37   #4
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: This round from a noobs point of view

If the current version of PA was released in 2000, people would have loved it as much as the one that actually was released.

In 2000 the WWW was still only an internet cafe thing, and as such created a new place for a "select" group of people to meet up (in real life).

I used to spend most of my saturdays between 2000-2008 at an internet cafe, however just over a year ago it had to close, mainly due to declining client base. In 2000-2004 you had pre book to get a computer slot, between 2004-2008 you would struggle to get half a dozen people in the door. This, I fear, was partly down to the massive increase in home internet access.

I also fear the same thing has happened to PA, things bigger and better have come along and take all the shine away from the old dogs, and PA can in no way compete against them.

Conclusion
So I dont feel that its a case of PA failing to be fun, just that our expectations of what we knew and also what we know now are higher than PA can give us.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote