Thread: Strength +10
View Single Post
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 21:48   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Strength +10

1. You where speaking about arms, so you need to train the lowerarm, the bicep and the tricep. (eventhough I think it looks weird having trained arms while your chest and shoulders are lacking but hey).

2. If you want big muscles you don't just go on with a certain weight untill you can't anymore, like suggested above by someone. You take for example 4 sets (a set is an amount of repeats, like lifting 10 x 15kg). For quick visible muscle growth you do a 'pyramid' style set system. you start with 12 times doing a certain exercise. then you rest a couple of minutes and do it 10 times but just a bit heavier. the third set you repeat 8 times the exercises and again heavier. Last set you need to do it that you will probably fail the last piece of rep (a set has a certain amounts of reps, like what I drew in the first set, you did 12 reps). So the last set you make sure that you will have pain and have to pull out all you have to complete it or even fail.

3. I am not sure it's clear in point 2 but once again a set is a couple of exercise repeats in a row. Doing the steady amount of 10 pushups can be called a set. A set of ten reps (repeats).

By the way, the pyramid system I spoke about is something a lot of people 'in the know' prefer. I've been busy with most musclegroups by just doing sets of 10 reps, no matter what exercise and no matter what intensity and I see good results. The key lies in increasing the intensity of your sets, but that's pretty obvious.