Thread: Strength +10
View Single Post
Unread 15 Dec 2005, 20:38   #10
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Strength +10

If you just want to do it at home then buy a set of dumbels, you can train your chest, biceps, triceps, lowerarms, shoulders with them. Push ups aren't bad either but you can go far with a decent set of dumbels and exercises if you insist on avoiding a gym.

About doing a specific musclegroup every other day; That would be ok to gain a base strenght and fitness, when you start to get a decent amount of fitness you should do it once or maybe twice a week but with utter intensity for maximum strenght gainage. 9 to 12 sets a week is considered effective but you can experiment with this a bit as not every body reacts the same way.

In my opinion.

On a side note. When I started training 10 months ago, my weakest part was my chest. Because I like to have a brutal chest I concentrated a lot on this part and it's now my strongest part by far, I am just trying to tell you that you can get strong arms quite quickly if you show a bit of willstrenght. Within 3 months effective training with dumbels you'll notice a huge difference.

Edit:
Arm strenght doesn't really determine how far you can throw a ball, I recently read an article about some kind of test on a sport education school. A certain class did two contests. First they started a benchpress contest. The next day they did a contest consisting of throwing a ball as far away as possible. The guy who won the benchpress test (by far mind you, he's a bodybuilder) ended last in the ball throwing contest.

Benchpressing isn't mainly ment to train your arms I know, but someone who wins a benchpressing match doesn't have weak arms.