View Single Post
Unread 14 Jun 2010, 07:42   #128
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

I've managed to miss the prediction leagues being a bit busy with this and that and not logging in to pick up the remains (I'll make it in four years). Since I'm not arsed to spam the existing threads with this drivel, I figured it'd be nice to exchange thoughts on the games in terms of what's happened.

I think Germany and Ghana were the positives of the weekend. Germany was outright devastating and Özil despite his acrobatic dive (god I hate play acting) is really clever as many expected. They seemed to gel as a team better than most so far. France was hugely disappointing, and the game really reminded me of the Barcelona against Inter games in ECL; Uruguay caving in and striking on the break and France just failing to find any attacking options to break through. Apart from maybe one or two clever Gourcoff freekicks.

Ghana was really solid too, I'm somewhat fond of the strong physical, fast African teams. They, I think, overtook Nigeria (who, despite the loss to Argentina, still remain my favourites to be the 2nd placed in that group and possibly make it to top 16) as my African favourites of the tourney. With Muntari and Appiah on the bench for failing to turn off the kindergarden mood? Speaking of which, Argentina's going to be in real trouble the moment they meet a team with one or two good wingers. There's no way those flanks will hold.

Looking forward to Italy starting their cup today. Who else is surprised by Ledley Glassking going groin before half-time? Also, I'm a fanboy, but I reckon Rooney's performance was underrated due to certain people failing to convert the opportunities he created into goals. Was it me or did it feel like Rooney was constantly coming really deep to get the ball, like, playing more as an attacking midfielder or inside forward than a striker? What is this?

Also, what is this Foxystoat and why is it so spammy with the images and all?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote