View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 12:44   #116
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
He also said it's a shame Cassano isn't in the squad. As he is a talented striker.
Yeah. I guess here's where I agree with Lippi and you agree with Sacchi. I rate four of the five strikers, above Cassano. Cassano never really fulfilled the massive promise he landed with when the big money transfer sent him to Roma a couple of years back.

Quote:
But you can't deny the fact that Italy has little to no young talents atm. I'm not saying all other countries do have that, but some do.
Yeah, Italy's dry of hot shot generation. But there's no reason to exaggerate the age of the team: the average would probably be below 30. But World Cups aren't about building teams for the future (see: England 2006 and the Theo Walcott story), but about winning with what you currently have.

Quote:
"Italy is a rediculous country"
Arrigo Sacchi is definitely the man to say this, though, considering he coached Italy through a dry spell in an era where they had the Ponytail Baggio generation (Ancelotti, Baggio, Donadoni, Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta, Albertini, Casiraghi, Signori, et cetera) with a runner up and a third spot. I can agree it's a ridiculous country, but one of the most succesfull footballing countries for that.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote