View Single Post
Unread 8 Jun 2010, 09:44   #108
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran View Post
You say Spain is an excellent team, yet you don't think they'll reach the semi's?
I reckon I matched it up so that assuming Italy and Spain both win their groups (which seems likely looking at their tables), they'll meet up before semis at which point Spain'll be knocked out. I do quite think Italy is perhaps the most under-rated team in the tourney: even considering their easy qualification group, they didn't lose a game, they've been consistent under Lippi, and I think the fact that they're a bit under-rated also plays out to reduce the pressure. Spain are under immense pressure to perform being one of the very favourites to win the title and there's always the chance of them buckling under it, considering circumstances (a lot of them have longer seasons behind them due to the ECL for Barca, there's been things like Torres' ligaments and I do consider Torres a key striker for them despite Villa obviously being on the front page with a big move to Barca).

What I did omit is Germany, but people have summed it up - the Turkish blokes they have playing in their ranks are fair, and the Özil person might just be one of the winger/playmaker makeweights of the tournament (and I don't consider Michael Bollocks a big loss, really). We'll see.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote