Thread: Dichotomy
View Single Post
Unread 9 Apr 2008, 00:30   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Dichotomy

It seems to me that the people who cry out the most to keep government from intruding in our lives are often the same people who want to turn over large portions of their self reliance to government by wanting the government to be more and more responsible for their well being.

On the flip side it seems to me that those who are most likely to rail out against the government getting involved in providing supportive services to individuals also tend to be the ones most in favor of the use of police power to inforce their ideas of morality.

People who favor the death penalty frequently are the same ones who hate abortions because of the sanctity of human life.

What is it in the human condition that leads to these apparent dichotomies? Or am I missing something which makes them part of the same philosophy?