View Single Post
Unread 30 Dec 2006, 05:08   #11
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Yo, Communists (part one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Everyone on the internet is a libertarian, you dont have an unbiased sample.
Everyone I know is from the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I see no reason why communism should be libertarian in social outlook, either based on the theory behind the doctrine, or on empirical evidence of previous communism attempts. Radical democracy/anarchism tends to be fundamentally incompatible with individual liberty in the classical sense - if one of Dante's workers collectives decided that drugs should be outlawed because they were a leftover vestige of bourgeois consciousness with the sole aim of distracting alienated workers from their predicament, then I guess that would just be tough luck for anyone who wanted to take them.
That's a silly argument. Why would they do such a thing?

If they did, then of course, anyone under their jurisdiction would be in tough luck. I certainly don't think this would be the prevailing attitude though. Why would it be? The attitudes of today are fairly anti-drugs amongst certain sections of society, granted, but I see no reason why they would be if people were able to begin the current legislation "from scratch" and were given access to all the info beforehand.

You might as well say "what if one of Dante's workers collectives decided to outlaw abortion/homosexuality/black people?"

The basic idea is... that if people have access to and familiarity with the correct information, then they will come to the same conclusions as me. This may be untrue... but it's yet to be tested!