View Single Post
Unread 17 Jul 2008, 20:44   #10
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Council strike, inflation and living cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If the individual underpaid sectors went on strike, yes. But £15k/year seems perfectly reasonable for a teaching assistant given that a similar job in finance in the City of London pays £16-18k.
You mean secretary work or something like that? Doesnt all jobs in City pay better than that?
Quote:
Of course it depends, but anyone who wants to live independently and make a career out of being a teaching assistant is a fool. It's not a valid career option.
Just like over here. However, what is the point with having teaching assistants if these positions are only filled with people who are simply not qualified (nor motivated) to do the job? If we expect assistants to do vital work in the upbringing of kids, either in school or kindergarten, what's the point in recruiting people who are not up for it? Not to mention the price that this can cost in the future.

Quote:
A pay cut is a reduction in pay. If your company's not growing when there's positive inflation (i.e. a recession) then where is the company supposed to find the money to increase pay from?
According to the rules of capitalism; increase your prizes! (It always surprises me how few people "get" capitalism)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote