View Single Post
Unread 4 Jun 2007, 20:35   #30
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Who Wants to Be Second Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I would rather a Labour government than a Conservative government, especially because what the tories did in the 80s.

What the tories did? Free market reform? The type of reform that leaves the country better able to respond to Globalisation (unlike the countries of Italy and Germany who are quite ****ed at the moment) leading to better standard of living for those in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I know this is a bizarre point, and statistics lie, but in general more people are working, less people are unemployed and the country has been enjoying a period of boom for the last ten years. Downside is we are all knee high in debt, and how well the country is doing is down to interpretation.

Wait a second i'm pretty sure this is the result of the work the tories did in the 80's that you just lambasted them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Going back to Labour. They haven't done that bad a job. Take away Iraq, look at the positives (ignoring the fact they have moved into the centre etc). Northern Ireland has been a roaring sucess. I remember as I am sure many of you do the bombings the IRA used to do, the bomb warnings and in general the whole ****ed up situation in Northern Ireland. I went to NI in the mid 90s and it was a hostile place. Belfast is a changed city now (sure it has issues, but what city doesn't). The people of Northern Ireland are voting in their government and for the first time power sharing is occuring between the two parties (ie Catholics and Protestants coming together to work for one goal, although we will see if this works).

You're correct, Northern Ireland was all down to Labour! Alternatively it took some brave work by the tories to open discussion (some background info for you).

In short Pig please stop being so ****ing ignorant.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote