View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2006, 13:28   #13
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Your Life Update Thread: III

Education/Employment
Well I've just finished the second year of uni but I'm more than likely to repeated it next year because I've put no effort whatsoever on two core modules. It cannot be done whilst doing the third year as it's the design modules and you've got a couple design modules in the third year. So far, I've passed every single module by a minimum of 50%.

As of work, there's new management in town and things aren't as relaxed/laid back as it used to be. So it's proper work from now on.... except I'm still doing the same old thing: I come to work, make sure things are in order in terms of stock/paper work, scan contracts and go home. It's getting more and more boring but it's that cushty that I don't want another job... unless I'm getting mistreated. I got my small pay rise. I'm now in line with the sales consultants at £5.50 per hour compared to £5 an hour. So I earn roughly £700+ after tax. Not bad for a part-timer.

My only problem with both departments is that I work too much. This seriously affected my performance at uni (and thus failing those two core modules). It's probably my fault, I should have reduced my hours. But I was greedy and I liked the pay. Now I've realised my mistake. So I vowed (and I've spoken to my managers) that by August, I'll work 3 days a week and by September it'll come down to the weekend so that I can focus on my education/future. At the end of the day, uni comes first. Dead-end jobs come later.

Money
Money at the moment isn't very good. It was good at the beginning of the month (I got out of my overdraft for the first time since 2004) but then a relative passed away and I had to spend my hard earned money on helping the family. Oh well.

But I've been saving every month since September and so far I've got £3k. But that money will be my emergency money... like if I lose my job or something. I've no access to it either (since I'm not jobless or in a life-death situation) so it's a good thing at the moment.

I will survive financially.

Girls
Well I've broken up with this girl called Anna from work which is a very good thing. I wanted to get out of it for quite some time but I was waiting for the right time to do it. When I've done it, I was told that I should've told her right at the beginning. Oh well.
I was going out with her for two months and 3 weeks (I could have ended it at 1 month and 3 weeks to not shatter my record of two months being in a relationship). She was really nice at the beginning but slowly after time, I realised she's just not that great and that she's pissing me off.

I am still seeing the other girl Anna (shares the same name funnily enough, I'll called her Anna S to differentiate it from the other one) from Oxford Brookes uni. We still like each other but do not want to commit to each other purely so that we don't end up hurting each other. She's still seeing this guy called Dave who's not putting an effort in their relationship. So me and Anna S just get jiggy with it sometimes. On the Bank Holiday of April (April 16th iirc) we met up for the day and had a lot of fun. We also pulled, danced in the children's department at Harrods and said a lot of dirty things to each other during the day and at night (3am!) over the phone. She told me a lot of things that I've never heard before which can only mean that she seriously loves me. We're planning to go on holiday together at some point in June.

Oh on that day with Anna S, I was already pissed off with the girl I was going out with (Anna) and I was plotting to dump her. So I don't count it as cheating on Anna although some girls told me that it is cheating unless I was officially not going out with Anna.

Women.

But I'm thoroughly enjoying the single life.

Social life
Pretty dead now that uni is over. I don't know what to do sometimes so I end up at home a lot of the times. If I'm lucky, I'm out with my best friend but because he's married, I'm bored at home most of the time. My social life now are with the people at work sometimes. Go for a drink/party/sheesha after work once every week or so.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote