Thread: The Spectator
View Single Post
Unread 20 May 2008, 23:37   #28
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: The Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
The Spectator's a bit shit but not nearly as shit as the New Scientist which as far as I can tell as actually more shit than shit itself. The average front page article is either:
Well, you've just missed the point then. The New Scientist is great fun - but the whole point of it just has to be the Feedback pages. They definitely brighten my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&F
Furball you really do talk an awful lot of nonsense sometime and I can only put it down to the fact that you read shite like the Spectator and the Guardian.
I thought this an interesting point as well, bundling together strongly left (iirc) and right papers together as being 'shite'. Is that because all political commentary is just wank in britain (or everywhere), or is it just that you disagree with their views, or is it through the lack of competent editors/authors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbeh
I don't recommend that anyone tries to summarise the article though
Ouch. Subtle.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote