View Single Post
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 15:00   #24
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: [Football] Tottonhem Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
sit in the family stand then.
I used to do that just to get cheap tickets :P (ad advantage of looking young) but them kids with horns, omfg I just wanted to ram the things down their throat. The most annoying thing ever. So when the entire stadium is standing I shouldn't be forced to sit there just in order to enjoy the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
I couldn't imagine sitting down at football, if I wanted to sit down I'd watch it at home on Sky.

http://www.safestanding.com/ is a campaign to put pressure on the clubs and government to allow some form of "safe standing" like in Europe. It's been running quite a while but hasn't got very far
Being short having everyone stand up is hell, when there is goal mouth action/a run near the try line, if I am stuck behind a group of men who are about 6 foot then I can't see anything except the back of their heads. I don't mind that so much but if it was done for most the game there would be no point me going. I'm also extremely unfit so my knees start to hurt if I stand up for 90 minutes But its worth going to the game rather than tv for me just to soak up the atmosphere, it is just far better.

Shame the safe standing is going nowhere though as that makes more sense than having loads of people standing up around seats and annoying people like me when both groups could be happy with that solution.