View Single Post
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 06:00   #15
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] Tottonhem Away

This post is going to sound kind of disorganised.

I'm not going to try and scare you or anything but Spurs do have a very good firm, we had a little bit (a **** load) of trouble a couple of years back in league cup, it's affectionately remembered as "ambush city" and boy can they ambush. There was major disorder all night long and some very nasty clashes, for me it was up there with West Ham and Stoke in terms of scary away trips, that said they were having a bit of a "naughty" season that year and recently they've been quiet.

Honestly I wouldn't be worried though, football isn't what it was 5 or 10 years ago, these days unless you go looking for trouble you generally won't find it. When we went up we were looking for it and hence it went off. Just be cautious with what you wear and do, I'd recommend not wearing a shirt if you can, I'd never wear a shirt anywhere, I learnt that lesson early on at Nottingham Forest with the aid of a switch blade. If you do insist on wearing a shirt then keep it covered at ALL times except in the ground, this includes on the tube, London is a huge place and on a Saturday you never know who (Wolves ?) you're going to run into. Generally though if you're on your own, a genuine supporter and not looking for it then most people will leave you alone, just enjoy the game I'm 99% sure you'll be fine.

I disagree about Millwall being the toughest away trip in London, I'm sure they can turn it on when they want to but the last few times I've been it's not been at all intimidating, it's just been a bunch of 12 year chavs giving it all mouth, recently QPR and West Ham for me have been far more intimidating trips.

Last edited by Hicks; 21 Jan 2006 at 06:06.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote