Thread: Cathaar
View Single Post
Unread 29 Sep 2007, 06:20   #42
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Cathaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonTirri
*sigh* A cath player deffin a cath. (atleast your "playing chicken" line suggests you are a cath.)

you totally missed my point: There isnt a SINGLE fleet-type a cath cannot self cover vs, or havent you ever tried to inc a cath bigger that you?
Yes, I did. Got some nice XP, too!

Quote:
Sure. the smaller cath can be bashed to hell as usual. but unlike the other races, biggest cats are totally untouchable. hell, even i as a Xan could roid the biggest Xan out there if i didnt mind little losses, but i cant even think about touching a similarily sized Cath, due to the fact that my fi are emp'd by beetles, unless i am lucky and my Fr... well, roach n viper.
Firstly, that's a universal problem with big planets, and it aids cath more severly than other races. Nothing new here. Secondly, co-op.

Quote:
also, you fail to see one big thing: There isnt a single way for a non-cath to def vs a cath-co inc, without being forced to massively outflak em, which usually means that you need around twice the fleetvalue in def to stop em, think about it:

Beetle, Viper and BW target every anti-co there is, with Beetle and Viper emping them to hell before they can even act.

but with other races, you can mostly cover the incs with equal or half of the fleetvalue, and with every other fleet, there is either a ship that has a lower init, or a no-loss defship.

and you forgot to mention, Cath can basically roid EVERY RACE THERE IS, WITHOUT LOSSES.
Agreed. The fact that there is no viable anti-co defence ship (except mass BW) makes cat co rather strong.

Quote:
and, to your point about Cath vulnureable to De.

Well, amazingly, Zik and Ter De is the weaker fleet of the race, with FR being much more economical and effective than De with ziks and Bs being the real workhorse of Ter, thx to Suckyness of Spectre and pirate as defships.

And also, Terrans are very few in number, so it doesnt make them viable.
I am a cat and I only have a cr fleet. Why? Because there's a shitload of cats out there just waiting to be roided with roach/hornet. Ter and zik can do the exact same thing, with even greater efficiency. And they do, in fact. Out of the 15 times I've gotten roided, I probably got hit by a de fleet 10 times. So basically, this is a moot point.

Quote:
And Cath Co roiding Cath. Hell, wasnt Xan modded so that Xan cant roid themselves?
Your point?

Quote:
And me blaming eXi for going all cat, i never implied such. eXi just made sure that their strongest Cath have ziks to def vs the Fi and Xan to def vs the fr in their gals, if you look at it, you might find out that every top cath has a zik or Xan or both ingal.

And i was there during the betatesting of stats, i saw multiple persons telling Game that cath was overpowered and that its ridiculous to have three attackships on podclass, but he just ignored it. And guess what, ppl said that Ghost was useless. well, at this very moment i would kill for some De-flak for my spectres.

so i still think Game spoiled this round with effed up stats, and believe me, i am not the only one who thinks that Cath is WAAAAY overpowered.

Hell, i am one of the strongets non-caths out there, and i still needed frakking luck to land on one of em. maybe its just me, but something doesnt seem right here
If you look a bit further than the top20, you'll see that there are currently MORE xans than cats in the top100. Meanwhile, zik numbers steadily rise, 21 of them in the top100. By round end, I expect there to be an equal number of cat/xan/zik planets in the top100. This is already the case in the top300, which contains 85/84/86 cat/xan/zik planets. Ter lags behind, but not for lack of roiding options.

So yes, cat is strong. But overpowered? No.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote