View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2009, 17:16   #41
Onim
the inquisition incarnate

Onim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to allOnim is a name known to all
Re: Planetarion redesign update

Quote:
ooo just what we need, to copy other games
Iirc the creators of planetarion were highly inspired on Starcraft (the still superb game which esp spinner loved a lot) , and also a bit by Elite and Starwars (reference to an earlier post by Kenny) ; so we're somewhat copies ourself. And face it, nothing is 'original' anymore, esp when it comes to games. Nothing bad about taking things from other places as long as you dont copy it exactly and change it a bit to make it fit just as well into ur own game (or better)
I very much like the advisor thing, but i wouldnt make it screenfilling , just a small window in top right corner where 2 different advisors 'war' it out giving a few beginner-tips from diff point of view.

Still i feel shipdesign needs to be prioritised more. The old tarantula pic makes me feel all warm again, bringing back memories! Its what graphics can do; and it shows the importance of it as well, no need to make this game graph based, the strength lies in its simplicity but at least have 1 pic of every ship ppl can buy.

"It never hurts to Help!" [Eek the Cat]

Denying existence during r3-6 and back in denial since r22
Onim is offline   Reply With Quote