View Single Post
Unread 23 Apr 2009, 13:17   #13
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Planetarion redesign update

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueemu View Post
I've read through the last post and I have taken on board a lot of the criticism for the last design. I really think it will be helpful to keep everyone posted with how the new design is coming along and get feedback.

Creating imagery for the site has been time consuming so it would be great if anyone has any graphics they are willing to let us use.

I've set up a blog so everyone can keep track of the new design and give input.

plndesign.blogspot.com
(sorry not allowed to link yet )

thanks for your patience
A step in the right way, though still room for improvement.
1) The logo: it's just not working for me (and judging from some other posts i'm not alone)
2) I love the idea of the characters and they're great but they just feel a bit too kiddy for me, kinda like it's walt disney's planetarion. Love the idea though and combined with a good backstory about the races it will be awesome.
4) The ship is a better try than the original one but, as Kal said, doesn't make me go "wow"
5) Personally I think the blue planet is a bit simple, could use with some more texture and more stuff going on to give it more depth.
6) Overal design of content & menu's: agree with Greaper that the same color is being used too much, try and switch it up and find colors that work good together, more / less transparancy, ...

I hope I don't sound too harsh with my criticism, personally I'm very glad some people that actually seem to care (pete & you) are trying to improve the game

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote