Thread: Food Crisis
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2008, 12:55   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Food Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar
However, your continued pursuit in posting these links, and your continuing attempt to try and end your argument based on the rationale of professors who believe in your side of the argument is nothing but unfounded arrogance.
No, it's not unfounded arrogance. It's an attempt to express my view broader - I could have simply written what Krugman would say about oil supply, or I could have elaborated more specifically how and why the Iraq war affected oil prices - or why the price increases are about supply-demand side fundaments, but why would I be bothered if it's been well said by people with better lingua than I have? Yes, it's been an interesting discussion - yet what I find highly controversional is, that a person believing that the oil prices are mainly due to speculation can also believe that the high prices are here to stay. It sounds like a hystresis-sort of a phenomenom, but it makes little sense to me.

Quote:
However, next time a hedge fund manager calls me - I shall point him to this link and state clearly that I have discovered a person named Tietäjä (who has not even worked in Investment Banking) has come up with the solution and he has provided evidence to support his argument. I'll make it clear to him that all those arguments between the speculative band camp, and the other side have been solved.

Congratulations!
Now, this is unfounded arrogance and childish bickering. No, I've never worked for an investment bank or in the stock market. I've worked for a sorts of a bank, though, and I still do. At this point I could insert a remark a 7-year-old would come up with about "my daddy against your daddy", but seriously, I don't feel the need to succumb to your level.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote