Thread: travler
View Single Post
Unread 9 Apr 2006, 08:26   #50
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: travler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
it's pretty much common sense squidly.
Do you think anyone actually noted down the exact date that 'Jesus' was born? (in fact is it even mentioned in the bible?)
When one religion takes over another, they absorb a lot of bits and pieces in order to make the change more palatable to the converted.

For winter solstice read christmas, spring solstice read easter etc etc.
Yeah, I know there's a fair bit of inconsistency with all religion. I don't actually follow one myself, but I find it still a really interesting topic to read up on. I was christian once, but I dropped that a long time ago due to said inconsistencies.

Thank ye for the link =)

btw...if jesus died to save santa, does that mean we're about to see easter bunny vs toothfairy smackdown style?