View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2009, 00:58   #132
Tommy
Sain†s

Tommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud ofTommy has much to be proud of
Re: Ascendancy, the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Only thing the nap with rock means is that rock will now have some planets in top100 end of the round, and asc wont get em all! Rock is THE place to be this round if u wanna go for round win i spose! ( can I join ROCK? )
Asc are winning because we ( the rest of the universe ) are unable to work together. We bitch and we fight and let asc run away with it. There is no one taking charge, or no one able to get others to follow into somethign which could maybe make the round interesting.
But I'm having a lot more fun this round than last!

Quick thought to throw into the mix: where was it said that an alliance has to have something in the region of 100 people? Ascendancy and xVx chose to recruit to the levels they did - the BGs (which are actually small alliances, let's be honest) are mostly groups of friends who chose to have a fun round. Nobody's actually to blame for ruining the round, but people insist on using politics to back up baseless arguments. You chose to play with 100 members, we chose 30. We've got exactly the same right as you to do so, and if you choose to engage in political manoeuvres with other 100-man alliances to ensure a win then it's not because we forced you into it. No cooperation existed between the smaller alliances until the rapid growth of both Ascendancy and xVx, and even then it never stretched as far as any form of official NAP, just discussion and occasional coordination on attacks.

The arguments against our combined numbers also ignore the fun and friendship aspect - some of the smaller allies are full of inactives who just enjoy occasionally roiding together, and at least one of them consists almost entirely people who've not played PA in 7 or 8 years. I've spent more of this round teaching people how PAX works than I have actually organising attacks or defence, and this is only my second round of it. Ascendancy and xVx suffer no such problems. We're certainly not taking away from the playerbase of any other alliance - on the contrary, we're bringing new people to the game.

Everyone has the right to play with whoever they choose, and I'll never complain about numbers, but the insinuation that the smaller alliances are at fault for the state of the round is a straw man. Nobody forced Ascendancy to make the political decisions it has made, and nobody forced it to work with approximately half the active universe. If the round has become boring because of it, you're the ones in a position to make it more interesting. Honestly though, I'm having fun, and a lot of other people seem to as well, even if it's a given that the only thing to come out of this round will be Ascendancy acting overly smug and self-satisfied at the EORC.