View Single Post
Unread 26 Dec 2009, 13:02   #127
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congrats Apprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
If it means preventing players freely cheating then I guess having a water tight game is the lesser of the 2 evils.
This post kind of reminded me of the idiots who argue in favour of anti terror legislation despite there being plenty of rules to stop the activity in question.

Quote:
Scaning is fine as it isnt direct interference.
It's the difference between crashing and not crashing, I'd say scanning has a rather wide range of consequences.

Quote:
Difference with attacking is that the main planets will not likely share the capture of the roids with the support planets (afterall planets that are playing with a genuine/strategical mind surely wont say no to roids) and will recall them between eta 4 and eta 1 just watch a question of trend spotting.
Fundamentally they are still attacking to achieve a massive benefit to the planet being 'supported'. In fact, this is how most planets achieve #1 ranking and have done for quite some time. People achieve that using planets from their own alliance, or by legitimate support planets. The method of those people achieving #1 will not change regardless of any rule you wanted to implement. Number one planet has almost always been decided in this manner and it is not something sufficiently serious for anyone to care about.

Quote:
VNC is wrong dont do it approach works greats.... Care to ask the audience? Care to phone a lith friend? What good is rules without effective deterents / disabling the means of abusing it happening in the first place.

Lack of consequences = repeat offending.

The current approach doesn't seem to be cutting it.
Rules that cripple the gameplay are no solution whatsoever.

Quote:
Judging by some of the replies on PA forums there certainly seems to be a certain apathy in addressing cheating. I'm hardly overwelmed by the community spirit that certain Folk keep preaching on about.
There is no apathy against cheating. People want multis and vncs caught. What they don't want are legitimate strategies becoming banned because of people's fears about a group that if it does exist, is a very small minority.

Quote:
Its no mistake.... it is out of tag defending.
It's out of tag defending. I have a legitimate account, out of tag. So what if I choose to defend whoever?

Quote:
However if the community want to look into the possibilities of setting up ingame options for alliance HCs to have agreements that would ignore the the +1 eta for sending out of tag defense.... Certainly worth exploring.

This would also have knock on effects with alliance tags limits and mergers.
You'll have on one hand super blocks, having fewer Tags also possibily having alliance 2nd and 3rd teams (if tag limits are still in place) playing as 1 alliance. I would forsee a greater problem with multing support planets (playing in the 2nd/3rd team alliance) then we have now ie even fi/co fleets being affected / same ship class out of your own specific tag defense now playing into this.
Sign up the VNC planets to another alliance and ally them using that feature. And make the problem even worse.

Quote:
I would personally would like to exchange intel on the alliance defense page if there is uncovered incs put them up for retal. I seem to notice on the forums of complaints of not being able to land attacks unless you launch with several other fleets. Maybe not having inter ally defense would also help this issue?
Maybe the people attacking need to launch better attacks. The people defending and organised enough to get defence aren't the ones with a problem.

Quote:
Afterall it isnt your alliance that isnt getting the incs and the flak alliance (I wonder how VSN felt this round especially when there were the odd posters refering to the Asc/app block and seem to have left out poor VSN) as expendable.

Whilst I have nothing personal against HaNzl or Neroon... I certainly wont miss the who sent the most out of tag def arguements.
Lets face it, in the grand scheme of that block, Vision's influence was peripheral.

As a final salute, I'd like to point out that Ascendancy has won seven rounds without any serious allegation of cheating behaviour and without any need to use any kind of vnc or login sharing. We've won rounds by being organised and playing more intelligently than anyone else. Good play wins planetarion, not VNC planets. If you think this is remotely an issue I think you need to check out your understanding of game mechanics, metagame and not cutting off your nose to spite your face.