View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2008, 01:01   #23
Ramihyn
Emperor

Ramihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud ofRamihyn has much to be proud of
Re: Googling your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
How on earth could someone prove that 'I' 'lied' 'to them' anyway. The internet is pretty anonymous and it's also common knowledge that the internet isn't the most reliable source of information around.
It is rather obvious that you need to take the source of any information on the web into account. An employer should therefore obviously be careful if they read some fantastic info about your person on some page which can be easily forged or is controlled by somebody they cant even verify. Therefore your attempt shouldnt work too well unless the employer has no clue about the internet.

Now if the employer isnt completely stupid, they may actually find out that the pages are forged. In that case they would likely suspect you. Lets say - if you dont know how to gather HTTP/DNS infos about the server and dont know how to forge file dates on an apache/IIS server, you should better not try to put up a forged page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
I can't help that my name ended up their.
Yes you can. Manipulating the page ranks in common search engines is a normal business nowadays. Check SEO contest for example.

Last edited by Ramihyn; 30 Jan 2008 at 01:11.
Ramihyn is offline   Reply With Quote