View Single Post
Unread 21 Jul 2011, 05:45   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Nighttime protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Hmm just because you dismiss my suggestions and input doesn't mean they should be removed. Now you're really proving your arrogance.
That entire series of posts was pedantic, needlessly confrontational and honestly? just plain shit. Not just yours, but Keiz' too. There was nothing in there worth reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyi View Post
Wrong. The ratio is exactly the same, so how is that better?
You're right, if the number of attackers goes up in proportion to the number of targets, then nothing changes.

However, in the last 30 rounds, that has not been the case. The number of active hardcore players hasn't gone down nearly as much as the number of random newbie targets. I have data on this, if you want it.

Sleep mode would do the same, except in reverse: it doesn't help hardcore players that much, they can already handle the game without help. It would help newbies and casual players. It seems a reasonable assumption to me that features that help casual players but not hardcore players help improve the ratio between them.

(Not that sleep mode alone would turn PA in a 100k player game, but it's a start.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
are we now decided that you can push a '6-hour-sleep-mode' button on demand which will deny anyone launching attacks on you. during this sleep mode your planet will continue inbound development, but any outbound activities cannot be committed (this includes prelaunches for attacks and launching defenses). this mode cannot be cancelled on it's duration. edit. i mean, you cannot launch attacks or defenses of any sort while your planet is on sleep mode. prelaunched attacks on you fail. attacking fleets launched on you cannot be done.
I'm not sure if I agree that sleep mode should be elective. It would allow active players who don't really need sleep mode, to 'save it' until such a time they know they're getting serious incomings, and only then use it. Basically like a short vacation mode, without any down sides.

Mandatory 6 hour downtime every day would make this impossible. Note, though: you should still be able to choose when your planet enters sleep mode, of course. More on that below.

[edit]Oh wow, an unclosed italic tag in a quote will make text outside of the quote italic too. Painful.

Quote:
(i'd prefer if prelaunch was mostly abolished on attack fleets anyways. or shortened dramatically to 1-3 hours. this kind of change would partially defeat the original purpose of the feature). however, if you're already under attack when you activate the mode, this will not be interrupted.
Agreed. I'd probably prefer to remove it altogether, but I'd be alright with a severe reduction.

Quote:
to take into accoung anyincomings you might be target of before you want to sleep, defensive fleets can be launched towards a planet on sleep mode (again, i think the negative metagame implications of ie. 'hiding fleets' are not relevant).
Yes.

Quote:
i am in full understanding that a cooldown of 23 (arbitrary. possibly 22) hours can cause 'abuse'. i don't believe it's a relevant problem).
What do you refer to here? I can't think of anything.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote