View Single Post
Unread 24 May 2008, 15:59   #41
Zar
Chief over all Monkeys

Zar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant futureZar has a brilliant future
Re: Child poverty in the UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie

Ignore it at your own peril. At 22, "i" own two homes in the world's most expensive city, i have some shares (though not all that many now - i did use my economic training to essentially dodge the crash in the middle of last year by pulling out about this time last year. At the time, i felt really bad as i missed about three months of really high growth, but i'm much happier now),
Pray do tell me how you used your 'economic training' to 'dodge the crash'. Clearly at the time it was evident that the rally was over extended and that stocks were trading at very high p/e ratios. It was anyones guess when the 'crash' would happen and you certainly didn't predict it. At best you took the cautious path and sold out early.

Quote:
Sure, i have three jobs and doing my honours. But at least i'm putting the moeny to good use! As for money that already "is", that's true. I didnt start from nothing. When i was 17 i had about $600 that i had saved up from my pocket money over the preceding 10 years. But that doesnt mean that you cant earn more efficiently.
World's most expensive city eh? London, New York? Tokyo? 2 homes! If that is true and you are 22 there are only a few options:

i) You are bulls******
ii) Inheritance
iii) They are the worst possible homes imaginable
iv) You are bulls******
Zar is offline   Reply With Quote