View Single Post
Unread 2 May 2008, 16:51   #63
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Alligations of Admin Abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
If the arbiter uses one-way hashes to encode the passwords used for login ( I think this likely, its like a standard method of doing simple authentication ) , and there was not a brute force attack on a significant scale in order to gain access then its highly unlikely that their arbiter is the source of the breach, he would have had to gain the passwords from an alternate source in order to do what he did.
Someone could have given them to him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
The question again to me is simply: How can netgamers accept that one of their admins is using these kind of ways to obtain passwords/logins.
What kind of ways? Nothing has been found to suggest that Expl8 used his access to get the passwords, so netgamers isn't accepting this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by are
Drug dealers may not become doctors and if they already are, they loose their license permanently. People abusing others sexually are not allowed to teach children, no matter how rehabilitated they are, no mater if they originally abused a child.
And in the same way, someone that already stole passwords from somewhere should not given the opportunity to do it in an easy way anymore.
This is why I expect NG team to remove the server and admin in question, regardless if he actually used the server/admin power to gain this info or not.
Stupid comparison on the basis that you list things which are illegal. Expl8 has never agreed to refrain from accessing the arbiters/websites of other alliances. He is playing the game as it should be played; gaining access to another alliance's arbiter by any means that isn't breaking in or abusing IRC access is fine, as without the access he's just a normal player.