View Single Post
Unread 23 Jun 2007, 15:21   #148
AV.
Number 34

AV. is on a distinguished road
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Whilst I agree with the majority of people who are sad to see Henry go (although not that sad since the coverage of La Liga will be on weekly anyway), I don't think, however shoddy his reasons may come across to Arsenal fans, that it's necessary to criticise him for it. On one hand, he could have stayed loyal to Wenger, Arsenal and the fans, played out his career at Emirates and maybe experienced some more success. On the other hand, he may then look back at his footballing life and think 'I wonder what it would have been like to play professional football with Barcelona', or in Spain, or whatever.

Footballers only have one career, which is pretty limited in time as jobs go. He's already 30, I say good on him for being selfish and making the most of the time he has left at the highest level. Some players; Giggs, Scholes etc, seem content to spend a career at one club, but I imagine others feel the need to play in different places, see what they can achieve while they can.

Plus, I've heard the weather is better in Barcelona and there are less cars in Spain to get in the way of his va va voom.
AV. is offline   Reply With Quote